UK and Europe - Selfridges Battle Royal - 24 November 2007

Discussion in 'Tournaments & Events Worldwide' started by ukpokemonpro, Sep 11, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Hi Guys and Gals,

just a quick heads up to let you know that we are planning to bring a large premier event to London on the 24 November 2007. Ian and Myself working with the Games Alliance and D&A Games will be running the Pokemon tournaments on the day and we'll fill in more details as we get them.

The venue is:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Selfridge Hotel[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Orchard Street,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]London[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]W1H 6JS[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Doors open from 10am[/FONT]
    Registration from 10-30am
    Tournament Start 11-30am

Entrance Fee is £6

Swiss Rounds:
    R1 11:30am
    R2 12:15pm
    R3 13:00pm
    R4 13:45pm
    R5 14:30pm

TopCut:
    Starts - 15:15pm

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Format - New Modified HPon with DPII Mysterious Treasures allowed[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is one for your diaries![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prizes will include Boosters, Promos, Promo Packs and our Famous LUCKY DIP.[/FONT]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  2. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

fingers crossed for this being a premiere rated tournament with a high K value.

3. TORCHWOOD

TORCHWOOD New Member

Just my luck!!!

Sorry but I can't make it *curses Saturday School*

4. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Well the event promises to be a high K value to reflect the venue, location and expected numbers and it will be open to all - No restrictions on non-UK residents playing -

More on that when we can confirm it :D

5. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Quick A - NO.

Doesn't have a quick answer - All premier events are determined by POP -

We just want to give you all advanced notice to keep this date in your diaries clear :D

6. Rayquaza14

Rayquaza14 New Member

Would other European Players also be allowed to play there?

7. Kempley05

Kempley05 New Member

Wow, that would be a very nice venue by the looks of things.

8. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Dom: The K value should be much higher than a Battle Road so I can't see how the tournament will be part of the Autumn Battle Road.

Rayquazza14: Yes you can play. I haven't seen any official announcement yet but I believe that all premiere tournaments have to be open to any player in good standing. The exception being Nationals where a restriction to resident players only may be granted by POP.

9. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

What format will it be?

10. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

POP can authorise special events... There were a few of these in Europe last year.

Format: Modified. But we don't know for certain what that will be in the UK. It ought to be HP-DP2 by November.

11. Aggronblaster

Aggronblaster New Member

Saying that the retail stores sell it by then for it to be legal.

12. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Retail sales are no indication that the set is legal - I think all UK retailers/games stores that want to sell DPII already have it on sale - Hopefully; as has been posted on another thread, we will have DPII legal from 10th October -

The tournament will probably be akin to an STP in K value - but we are awaiting confirmation of that - when we know you will know, details have gone off to POP and we are waiting for the Premier Event Tagging.

This is not a local Battle Road this is; as we decided to name it, a 'Battle Royal' and all are welcome to come and chance their decks and gain those important rating points.. UK resident or not!

I personally hope we will see a lot of our European friends coming and chancing their rankings and enriching our player pool. 24 November is a be there or miss out tournament, it promises to be a great event!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  13. chewee

chewee New Member

I think you will see some french Team Gouda's players !!!

14. ice_brakerz

ice_brakerz New Member

any idea of the ending time and the prizes?

15. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Ending time will be based on number of rounds - number of rounds will be based on number of players and the whole lot is determined by TOM!

We will not cut the tournament short of rounds or top x to meet a closing time or budget restraint

16. pokeguru

pokeguru New Member

Ooh...this is tempting. I can't confirm that I will be attending yet - my school kind of want me to go on a trip with my A level Music buddies to the opera...specifically Weber's "Der Freischutz". But I'm sure I can convince them a trip to London is more important. :D

17. MathAenya

MathAenya New Member

Do you know wich k-value this event will be ?
    Anyway, 7-10 french players are coming, fear the Team Gouda ! ^^

18. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Not yet confirmed but we are planning on a High K value event and I hope Team Gouda will be bringing the "cheese" with them - Although shouldn't you be Dutch with a team name like that? :biggrin:

So any more international teams joing our french colleagues on a day trip to the UK?

19. afirule

afirule New Member

see ya there pals! :tongue:

20. pokeguru

pokeguru New Member

Isn't Scotland as good as an international team? :p We should have at least 2 coming down. See you there.