UK Pokemon tourney 1 Feb

Discussion in 'Archive' started by TheGame, Jan 9, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. TheGame

TheGame New Member

Good news for the UK players! As well as the regular last sunday of the month tournament at Rainham there will be a tournament held in London on the 1 February! The venue will be South Bank University Students Union,Keyworth Street,Elephant & Castle,London,SE1 6NG. Doors open at 9.00 am for a 9.30 start. This tournament is part of a minicon on that weekend! The format will be Modified Constructed ( Expedition onwards with Nintendo promos and NO Wizards promos! ) Entry is £5.00. Judges will be the esteemed Mr.Faisal Khan! and my good self. So any body that fancies a bit of Pokemon action (practice for the English Nationals? )-come on down!!

2. TheGame

TheGame New Member

If any one is planning on attending this tourney I would be grateful if they could either reply to this post or drop me an e-mail Thanks a lot.

3. irwinmalek

irwinmalek New Member

It's not just on 1st Feb that there are tournaments in London... There are tournaments in London every week in Holloway. See www.team-london.cjb.net for more info..

Sorry Martin..

Might be there, dunno. The last "minicon" wasn't really a convention at all, more a room with two tournaments..

4. TheGame

TheGame New Member

Thanks for the reply Irwin.If we see you then fine! If you come bring others with you! The more people we have attending our events then the more support will get ploughed into the game! If Nintendo and/or Place 4 games see the numbers coming in the door then the bigger and better the events will be! C U all there ( I hope!! )

5. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Irwin,

we're talking sanctioned tourneys here so if you check the listings at Pokemo-TCG you'll see there are only sanctioned tourneys at the www.gamersguild.co.uk , www.southeastchallenge.com and the london minicon.

It's great you're running league play and I hope you get your tourneys up and running soon but the ranked players are seen at the three venues mentioned :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2004
  6. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Martin are you sure about the entry price?

It is likely that the SoutEast Challenges wont make use of the minicon venue in future due to increases in costs.

We have been told that the Door price is now 5pound per person with additional charges to play.

The last london event managed 20 ish players and we get 50+ at the south east challenges ;)

7. Freddy K.

Freddy K. New Member

Irwin are you sure you would have been as dismissive if you were playing well that day...? =)

Yep I'll be judging this one for the judge's support... *cough**cough* er.. for the good of the game, I believe. Ah, The Game, geddit... oh I kill me... *makes quick exit*

~3B ... er... I mean ~fK =)

8. TheGame

TheGame New Member

Yes Ian,I know it looks pricey and yes you are right I believe. The entrance is £5.00 and the fee for the tourney ( dont quote me on this ) is £2.50. What the heck,its only money!! For families it could start to get a little expensive but hopefully it wont be too cost prohibitive for the true Poke fans to attend!

9. irwinmalek

irwinmalek New Member

:)

I'm talking about the room with about 10 Magic players and 50 Pokémon players a few months back.

10. TheGame

TheGame New Member

Just a reminder to the die-hard UK Poke fans out there that this tourney kicks off on 1 Feb Sunday.Doors open at 9.00am. Judges on the day will be Freddie K and Myself.Dragon boosters up for grabs with,in all probability,Mudkip promos.Be there!!

11. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

We'll be there will you?

Modified Format Decks please but be pre-pared for something different if we can arrange it ;)

12. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

2 days to go and what will you be playing?