Um.. Drapion Level X...?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Naki Feralkin, Aug 4, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naki Feralkin

Naki Feralkin New Member

Credit to secretsof2113 for finding this image, she's a little busy with other things to post at the moment, but.. is this what I think it is?

http://i5.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/02/f9/f2fe_1.JPG

Noone else has made a post regarding this yet, but apparently its part of the DP6 guidebook. Any ideas? I definitely don't think this is fake, either.

2. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki New Member

I can confirm it is genuine.

3. Ultima

Ultima New Member

Wow, a dark type that's weak to Psychic. Is there a translator in the house?

4. Aron*

Aron* New Member

It looks real but the weakness does not look right. Also isnt Drapeon a posion\bug type.

5. Jason

Jason New Member

the card is real

and the main reason why its weak to psy is cause of poison type thus weak to psychic type

6. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki New Member

Drapion is Poison/Dark, Skorupi is Poison/Bug.

I think the strangest thing is that they've now picked a "regular" DP Pokemon. Most others have been legendaries, starters, or new evolutions of old things. Maybe now there will be Lv.X of some Pokémon like Luxray, Abomasnow, etc to go with it in the next set.

7. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

Now my question is, why wasn't this really announced? Seemed really under the radar to me.

8. Jason

Jason New Member

The card was announced on the JP site like last week. and its for the movie book. cheers.

9. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

B-but.....translation? :c

10. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

Drapion LV.X - Darkness - HP130
    Level Up

Poke-Power: Triple Poison
    You can use this Power once during your turn. Flip a coin, if heads 1 of your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Poisoned. In between turns, place 3 damage counters on the Poisoned Pokemon instead of 1. This Power can't be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[D][D][C][C] Snipe Tail: 40 damage. This attack also does 40 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. The Defending Pokemon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 3

From pokebeach

11. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

atk cost is waaaay to heavy

12. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

Who cares? Drapion IFDS is plenty fast, and a Weavile SW combo is arguable. 80 and 40 snipe, plus no retreating? I'll take that.

13. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

lol, speed of the game buddy.

14. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

I think the reason why a lot of Dark pokemon don't end up with huge base damage anyway is the Special Dark/Darkrai factor. :p Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the biggest base damage output oany dark type right now Shiftry's Spirit Dance? Possible 90 for three if you get two heads.

Anyway, I have no doubt that the card will see play, though a format domination is unlikely. Triple Poison and Weezings could hit you as high as 70 damage in Poison.

15. The Phenom1993

I have to correct you. Charizard* does 200 damage.

16. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

ooohhhh burnnnn...ooooooohhhh fire joke......

Yeah, it's the same problem I'm running into with Tyranitar. Even with Weavile, it just takes too long, and late game, you can't rely on Weavile to power up brand new ones. Low energy attacks (like 1 or 2 energy) will just run rampant over big energy attacks.

17. Skitty

Skitty New Member

Does anyone know the name of the book it's in?(In Japanese) Or have a picture of the book? I was able to get the Visual Books with the cards for $10 each after shipping and I want to do it again.:biggrin:

18. Jason

Jason New Member

its the visual book... should have the set name on it.

19. ShinySwampert

ShinySwampert New Member

Skuntank is Poison/Dark too. He resists Psychic.

Dark types are IMMUNE to Psychic. Meaning that even if their second type is weak to psychic, they are still immune. Drapion having a Psychic weakness makes no sense at all.

Other than that, I like it. It goes well with the IFDS Drapion. And, remember people, it's a Lv. X. It can use it's non leveled up form's attacks. Yeah it's attack is hard to power, but it's non leveled up form has a free attack that can paralyze for stalling purposes, and a pretty good flippy second attack. That flippy Power really makes the card, though. It's worth using IMO. As The Supes said 80+40 snipe is nice, as is doing max 70 poison (though you'll probably realistically do 40-50, which is still amazing since it's FREE.)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  20. The Phenom1993

In the TCG cards are based on 1 of their types, not both. EG. The MT abomasnow is the grass type and the MD abomasnow is the ice type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.