Unlimited rogue in 2 versions

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by dkates, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkates

dkates New Member

I thought of this idea when I wrote an article about Jungle Venomoth. Do I expect this to be a top-level deck? No. But I do expect it to be fun, and possibly win a few battles. Right now, these are just conceptual lists. Thanks to Baboon for helping me build this. Neither version of this deck has been playtested yet.

Version A:
    Pokemon (16):
    4 Venonat (Skyridge)
    3 Venomoth (Jungle)
    3 Kecleon (Sandstorm)
    2 Cleffa (Genesis)
    2 Tyrogue (Discovery)
    2 Igglybuff (Discovery)

Trainers (29):
    3 Miracle Sphere alpha
    3 Miracle Sphere beta
    3 Miracle Sphere gamma
    3 Professor Oak
    3 Sabrina's Gaze
    3 Item Finder
    3 Computer Search
    3 Gust of Wind
    3 Focus Band
    2 Ecogym

Energy (15):
    3 Fire Energy
    3 Water Energy
    3 Lightning Energy
    3 Fighting Energy
    3 Grass Energy

As Baboon and I were building the above deck, he thought of the combo used in the version below. It's similar, despite having many of the Pokemon changed.
    Version B:
    Pokemon (17):
    3 Natu (Skyridge)
    3 Xatu (Skyridge)
    3 Porygon (Rocket)
    2 Porygon2 (Revelation)
    2 Tyrogue (Discovery)
    2 Cleffa (Genesis)
    2 Igglybuff (Discovery)

Trainers (29):
    3 Miracle Sphere alpha
    3 Miracle Sphere beta
    3 Miracle Sphere gamma
    3 Professor Oak
    2 Sabrina's Gaze
    3 Item Finder
    3 Computer Search
    2 Gust of Wind
    2 Focus Band
    2 Ecogym
    3 Magnifier

Energy (14):
    4 Psychic Energy
    2 Fighting Energy
    2 Lightning Energy
    2 Grass Energy
    2 Fire Energy
    2 Water Energy

Strategy (Version A): This one focuses on the combination of Venomoth, Kecleon, and the Miracle Spheres. Kecleon provides a type template for Venomoth, so it can be the right type for the Spheres and/or exploit Weakness if it exists. Iggly for Slowking tech -- since, in my experience, most Slowking decks get 3 Slowking out in a match, but not often all 4, having both Iggly out can get my opponent down to just one Mind Games flip. Everything else should be pretty self-explanatory. Venomoth should not use Venom Powder.

Strategy (Version B): This time, it's Xatu and Porygon2. The upside is that attaching the Spheres is easier. The downside is that I can't change Xatu's type, so I can't exploit my opponent's Weaknesses. The Magnifiers are to deal with Psychic Resistance, which pops up often in Unlimited decks. The Energy structure is to account for the fact that Porygon2 might not show up. Xatu's attack is better than Venomoth's, giving decent damage (if the opponent's not Psy-Resistant) and discard recovery on a flip.

2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Just note with Porigon, He CANNOT change energy for Speres to work, basically making him useless. The Spheres check specifically for basic energy cards, so if you change it, it checks its original type, not its changed type.... simular to the Rainbow Burn ruling from Rev Ho-oh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.