Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unlimited Tourament

Pokeplayer

Great :thumb: Unlimited Tournament held today earlier at

Blue Highway Games
2203 Queen Anne Ave. N.
Seattle Washington 98109

There were lots of young new players....:thumb: to help teach and learn the game.....

Last edited:
It was really fun. Lots of kids, learning how a tournament is run. Several cautions throughout the day, but usually just one mention of the misplay and it stopped for the rest of the day.

Had a kid deck searching for no reason, no new active before drawing a card, forgetting to draw cards, playing cards after attacking, discarding supporters to play them.
Fairly standard for a group of mostly juniors. I'd love to run one more before cities to really get the kids focused on Modified legal card sets. I have a sneaking suspicion that many players will arrive for cities

1) without a deck built
2) with a binder full of commons
3) with a deck made of all their favorites from every card set since base

I would really hate to have to tell them on the day of that they can't play.

Maybe there is a way to make a flyer with all the legal sets listed to hand out to kids and parents on a weekly basis until the City's just to drill home the cards that are legal.

There are also some of us who will bring extra legal cards to the tournament to help out those that don't have a complete deck.

Maybe there is a way to make a flyer with all the legal sets listed to hand out to kids and parents on a weekly basis until the City's just to drill home the cards that are legal.
That already exists. You can find it in the Modified Format Legal Card List here on the PokeGym. I noticed that it needs to have Secret Wonders added, but you can find the flyer at the bottom of this post - http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=676541&postcount=1

BDS

Back