Unusual Pokemon tournaments in Mexico

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by SteveP, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

After seeing a couple Mexican players shoot to the top of the global rankings, I browsed their tournament reports and found it interesting that they:

1. run single-elimination tournaments
    2. run two tournaments simultaneously with the same players playing each other in the first four rounds

Has any one north of the border run Pokemon tournaments like this?

2. IvesRountree

IvesRountree New Member

Ok, I am the head judge and TO of both events, unfortunately, they were not at the same time, what happenned is that I have a team of trainee organizers, one of which was entrusted with the task of uploading the events, as he is still learning he made some mistakes, for which I assume full responsability, obviously, both tournaments can not be made at the same time.

3. filinal

filinal New Member

i used to live in mexico and i used to attend the tournaments there. i know the two players in 2nd and first place and my best buddy there (22nd global ranking) informed me that they hold unlimited and modified tournies now. one on week, the next another. in fact they were really good when i was there. but i played before they were made official nintendo tournies. this was about 3 months ago.

4. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

This is easily done and is the preferred method of tourney during our weekly league play, short sharp 8 player knockouts, it keeps the players happy and buzzing and they can easily burn through 4 or 5 tourneys if they are determined, keep losing or just have a killer deck amongst dross.

We contrast this to monthly Swiss Tourneys and the bigger three monthly Age Modified South East Challenges... certainly they are easy to run and easy to administer as I can enter them straight onto the webpage without touching the awful tourney software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.