Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

UR Double Donked.Dec - The original

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLOW DECK

UR Double Donk does what it says. This deck has been called UR DONKED.dec, Turbo Uxie, Solitaire, Crobat Rush, etc. I usually don't publish any decks lists that I actually like on the gym, because I don't want to ever lose to it. (Fear of losing to someone you don't know playing your list.) Since we are done with Nationals, I finally will publish the list for all to enjoy.

Towards the end of the Fall Battle roads, the deck took shape. This deck was something that was somewhat a thought experiment on the nature of the speed in the format. The idea of the original deck and engine came to me when Ness(Jason K) demonstrated to me his unlimited Zapdos deck at a Fall Battle Road. That deck featured, like many unlimited decks, a broken trainer engine that rips through the entire deck in one turn to play and replay damage powers like zapdos, etc. That deck was fun to watch in action, but it got me thinking that there might be enough cards in this format to rip through your entire deck first turn.

Thus with only Legend Awaken cards, the first version of this deck was formed. With Uxie and unown R, (U-R), I thought that it would be possible to get through your entire deck for a guaranteed set up. The first version of the deck was became only a hit and hide deck with Uxie damage for 70 with a weavile & dark energy and 4 plus powers to the bottom of deck, and hide behind a Mr Mime(Jr and Q).

Storm Front added Poke-drawers, Luxury Ball, Poke-Blowers, and Cyclone energy. Thus for cities format, the deck first turn consistency and potency increased substantially.

Platinum added Crobats and Poketurns, and I could play them all first trainer. The DOUBLE DONK became consistantly available to this deck. One could donk 2, and possibly 3 pokemon first - trainer - turn. (3 was possible, just not consitently enough) Rising Rivals really didn't add anything to the deck.

I played this deck at few Cities when I wasn't playing Regi-Mes. I didn't win anything but I did donk. I played the DOUBLE DONK version at the Indiana States and went 6-0 in Swiss and lost in Top 4 to a SP deck. I played the deck again in Illinois states even though I knew it was a bad play because of the Dialga heavy enviroment, for someone who was still top 15 in master rankings, but I liked the deck so much!! Went 4-1 against non dialga lists. (0-2 against Dialga's)

The List:
Pokemon
4 : Uxie, LA-43
4 : Unown R, LA-77
2 : Crobat G PT-47
1 : Unown G, (for Crobat)
2 : Unown Q, MD-49 (for Mime & unown R if you start with it.)
1 : Mime Jr., DP-90
1 : Mr. Mime, MT-30

TRAINERS:
Trainers:
2 : Night Maintenance, MT-113
1 : TS-2 (for crobat or mime)
4 : Pokedex Handy910, DP-111
4 : Victory Medal, Promo-BtlRd (exchange for 3 Pokemon Rescue & 1 more Great ball if you don't have them)
4 : Poke Drawer +, SF-89
4 : Super Scoop Up, DP-115
4 : Poke-Turn
4 : Quick Ball, MD-86
4 : Dusk Ball, MD-80
1 : Poke Ball, MD-85
1 : Great Ball, SF-85
1 : Luxury Ball, SF-86
4 : Poke Blower +, SF-88
4 : PlusPower, DP-109
Supporters: 1
1 : Buck's Training

ENERGY: 2
1 : Psychic
1 : Cyclone Energy, SF-94

Strategy, Your first trainer turn is played like a game of solitaire. In fact this deck is fun to play by yourself in practicing that first trainer turn. Can you deck yourself and put 140+ damage on the board? 70 to the active is somewhat automatic. Can you keep the Uxie drops going for awhile. If you have practiced enough, your first trainer turn should take 10-12 minutes, and you should be able to double donk and deck yourself about 90%. First turn decking is something that one usually you chose to do or not to do. Many games you can DOUBLE DONK a bench baltoy and the active, and still have some resources left for next turn. It is possible to get 3 donks on the first turn, but there are just too many head flips on Blowers and Super Scoops to rely on it. Again, you will have FUN just practicing the deck all by yourself... thus the name Solitaire could be appropriate.

After the first turn, depending on how much resources you chose to use, you will decide to use cyclone energy to move out the active pokemon, and then attack for 60 to the pokemon that they decide to bring up. Thus the Uxie and Cyclone gives you options that Starmie or Shuppet's would not. Crobat w/TS-2 let's you get at some benched damaged pokemon, and the unown G is ussually attached to that crobat.

Match-Ups This deck can obviously beat any deck first trainer turn, but Unless this deck wins turn 1, it will fold to Dialga Defean, and SP that can power spray. Against stage 2 decks, the match up is much more favorable. It generally does well against Machamp, Kingdra, and Speedrill. (Mr Mime). Gengar and Flygon are both interesting match ups, but the long game favors them. Mewtwo lvlX isn’t a unsolvable problem with cyclone energy, and if they only one pokemon left, you can have Mr Mime attack it for a 50/50 chance for the game. I played this list at Nationals, I expect to go about 5-3, but ended 3-5 thanks to a dialga match up, one deck failure against a Beedrill (ouch), and some great recovery by my opponents after I double donked on my first trainer turn. I actually enjoyed the 3 long game losses the most at Nationals, my opponents earned those wins.

Options in the deck:
Folks have put in Starmie and Shuppet as reasonable complements to the deck, and those builds could quite possibly be better than just Uxie deck yourself version, but to have those cards in the deck hurts the consistency because you don’t want extra cards with Uxie drops. Bench space is limited, and I believe Mr Mime works best for a long game. Mesprite is another option to put in the deck to get one or possibly two power locks for the first two turns. I had moonlight stadium in the deck, but took it out because I thought it helped my opponent too much. Spiritomb and 3rd Crobat has been tried in this deck, but the “bench” space get’s tight and you would have to give up Mr Mime spot to fit it in.

Thanks to the “Old Pokes” group for help on my deck during the year, especially Darkwarker, No Poke, and Dld4a for some key suggestions.

Last edited:
Why not 4 tsd's?

yep

- 4 victory medals
+ 4 TSDs
- 1 TS-2
- 2 Night Maintenance, MT-113
+ 3 great balls would work so amazing in here for the "R" eng!

oh ya "OldPokes.com" where the real donked.dec was born!

Last edited:
Why not 4 tsd's?

yep

- 4 victory medals
+ 4 TSDs
- 1 TS-2
- 2 Night Maintenance, MT-113
+ 3 great balls would work so amazing in here for the "R" eng!

oh ya "OldPokes.com" where the real donked.dec was born!

Night Maintence is needed to get back the Unown R's so you can use them multiple times in the same turn you can't drop those

I hear you on the TSD, I know you have been running something close to this sort of engine. My thought is duskballs quick balls, I really need to get the Unown R's back into the deck. The issue is I don't want to be play my last 3 balls for nothing in my deck to find.

I might try your suggestion to see if this works any better. My consistency of decking myself the first turn is fairly high already.

I remember Pitch-Darking you for the first 4 turns of IN States until I was confident in my set up, all awhile having NO clue what was about to hit me. When you didn't play anything after the first Pitch-Dark, I honestly became very nervous. So nervous that I made terrible misplays that cost me the game against a pro (Trying to Smash-Short your Jr'd Mime, and not setting up my Dialga.. ><)
Gotta give you credit. A very original idea, and great tribute to your creativity and skill in deck-building.

Awesome and fun deck to play. Not fun to play on Redshark, though. Terrible hassle, lol.

Gengar who knows what is about to hit them has a definite advantage versus a person who doesn't know what is about to happen once the release pitch dark lock and poltergiess my active for about 400 damage like kyle did. This is sort of the advantage of red face paint decks in the first place, the best strategy attacking a new deck (R0uge) build isn't always initially understood.

This isn't a redshark deck for sure, or much of a deck people would want to play against you more than once.(Takes too long, unless you are really skilled at executing redshark manuevers) I ussually will play this deck against a person once at league, because the first turn can takes over 10 minutes, once the novelty of the deck is gone with them, most really aren't interested waiting the 10 minutes for my turn, I don't blame them.. The long game of is actually quite fun with Mime and Cyclone energy and 60 per turn strategy.

But ultimately if cards like Flygon X, Dialga, power spray,azelf, or Nidoqueen get effectively played, the long game will fall short. Against decks that don't have that stuff, my long game is good enough to win. The problem is that this is most of the format has this stuff now. That's why at Nats 5-3 was what I was hoping for, but I wasn't surprized to go 3-5.

Last edited:
I think I see something you might like...

Expert Belt
Trainer - Pokemon Tool

The Pokemon this card is attached to has its maximum HP increased by 20. When the Pokemon this card is attached to attacks, it does an additional 20 damage to the opponent’s Active Pokemon. When the Pokemon this card is attached to is Knocked Out and your opponent takes a Prize card, your opponent takes 1 additional Prize card.

To use a Pokemon Tool, attach it to one of your Pokemon. It can’t be attached to a Pokemon that already has a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

these kind of decks cant win if they go first for match where they cant play any trainers. decks like these cant play the long game ad its not b/.c of decking, it's b/c of the lack of draw late game when they couldnt donk their way through the game and then damage output is garbage. this deck also auto loses to palkia/mesprit lock or something like plox (with t2-t3 set up) b/c your draw enginge is gone(uxie power and unown r power no good.) plox also gets through mime and one shots just about everything in this deck as does palkia/ power lock b/c of spread/snipe. as you said earlier dialga g is your worse enemy b/c deafen is just too hardcore with your lack of supporter play and he is resistant with sp metals on it making your damage output zero for the most part. plus he'll prolly keep his power sprays in hand for the uxie drops so you cant draw erly game destroying your entire set up.

but yeah... you should play pokemon rescue for your unown r's u'd play 4 of course.

these kind of decks cant win if they go first for match where they cant play any trainers. decks like these cant play the long game ad its not b/.c of decking, it's b/c of the lack of draw late game when they couldnt donk their way through the game and then damage output is garbage. this deck also auto loses to palkia/mesprit lock or something like plox (with t2-t3 set up) b/c your draw enginge is gone(uxie power and unown r power no good.) plox also gets through mime and one shots just about everything in this deck as does palkia/ power lock b/c of spread/snipe. as you said earlier dialga g is your worse enemy b/c deafen is just too hardcore with your lack of supporter play and he is resistant with sp metals on it making your damage output zero for the most part. plus he'll prolly keep his power sprays in hand for the uxie drops so you cant draw erly game destroying your entire set up.

but yeah... you should play pokemon rescue for your unown r's u'd play 4 of course.

-He does always say "First trainer turn", AKA your second turn/the second turn of the game.
-He also acknowledges as the game drags on, you have a lower chance of winning
-It doesn't auto lose to Plox or Palkia UNLESS
A. Plox plays Mesprit(Ralts/Any other starter is extremely donkable)
B. Palkia drops a Mesprit first turn(Their first turn)
C. Palkia has a hand with 3 SPS and Powerspray or 1 SP, Call, and Powerspray(Thier first turn

Though yes, your Palkia matchup will be pretty tough if you go first, but no where near an autoloss
-Plox gets through Mime providing they survive the first 2-3 turns in which they need to set up, same goes for Palkia, though Palkia has much better odds
-A lot of Psychic-based decks are going to have a hard time against Dialga G, unless they get a poor start, or you manage to pull out a god hand of some sort(You can do over 100 damage with all the cards, so you CAN donk Dialga G), you have piss-poor odds

And I don't see how Rescues are better then Night Maintenance, if you're going to draw out your whole deck in a turn, wouldn't getting 3 Unown R for 1 card be better than 1 for 1? I mean, you will draw back into them as you cycle your deck, why bother with putting them in your hand?

Last edited:
dunno i'm probably not thinking enough ...

answers to prized energy?

what about the future Spiritom AA start...

1. This deck has damage out put of 140+/- first turn, then 60 damage each and every turn there after because you "UXIE + 4 PLUS POWER and CYCLONE enegy" LOOP.

2. The damage curve per turn is inverted from most decks. Most decks damage out put starts slow, then increases. This deck power is first turn, but I don't think 60 damage per turn is pathetic.

3. Power Lock & Dialga yes, a Power Lock of any kind does cripple this deck. Powerspray's are really the worst of in late game. I believe that was stated in the original post, and I am by no means suggesting that these decks aren't in the metagame exist or that DOUBLE DONK is a World championship deck.

4. 2 energy, both prized? Hypegodist(2 energy in, 6 prizes, with 2 in, 60 card deck) = 0.85%, odds for 118 to 1. Also given that I will likely draw a prize with a crobat drops, I will get a prize card, odds drop to 177 to 1. Not likely.

5. PLOX T2 or T3 set up seems HARDER to do when you have on your first turn 2 Pokemon KO'd of my choice, and then you have to deal with 60 per turn and warp energy every turn there after. Most decks that get full up after weathering the first trainer turn barrage do have a strong advantage, I don't argue with that. The point is not easy to get a deck up against speed.

6. 140 damage First trainer turn ...I do 70 damage to active with Buck and 4 plus powers on Uxie. I drop up to 6 crobats and poke turns, plus hit 2/4 heads on pokeblowers and ussually hit 1 head on a SSU crobat, that would be 90 damage on to bench/active, 160 damage.... Let say I have some resources prized, miss flips, or I don't have bench space, that is 140 damage. T1.

7. Pokerescue is a good thought, but there is a subtle part of needing lot's of balls to get fish the uxies and when you miss on uxie you need to get something or unown R is a good consulation prize. If one doesn't have the Victory Medals, I think Pokemon Rescue would definitely be a great fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back