Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Urbana, IL City Championships -- 12/01/2007

bullados

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?
Own Your City!

On behalf of Master Consignment, I welcome any and all Trainers to the Urbana City Championships!!

1717 Philo Rd, Suite 26
Urbana, IL 61802
Date: Saturday, December 1st, 2007
Start: 2:30 pm

What are Pokémon TCG City Championship Tournaments?

The Pokémon TCG City Championships are title events where players in each of the three POP-recognized age categories can earn the title of City Champion! Results of the City Championships count toward your Premier Rating!

City Championship events are operated by independent Tournament Organizers across North America.

When are the Pokémon TCG City Championships?

The Urbana Pokemon City Championships will take place on Saturday, December 1, 2007. Registration for the event will begin at 1:00 pm, and the main event will begin at 2:30 pm.

Remember, we recommend that you contact the local Tournament Organizer to confirm event schedule information.

How much does the event cost?

All Pokémon Organized Play Premier events in North America are FREE! That’s right—there is no admission fee for a City Championship! Get your decks tuned up, and get down to your local City Championship location for your first shot at this free event! Organizers may charge for side events run at these tournaments.

What is the tournament structure?

The tournament is run using the Modified Constructed Format and Age Modified Swiss pairings. See the Pokémon Tournament Rules for information about the Modified Format and Swiss. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event. Age groups with at least six, and less than twelve players will have a top two single elimination final. Age groups with twelve or more players will have a top four single elimination final.

The sets legal in the Modified format have recently been updated. Please make sure you’re ready with a legal deck.

The City Championships series will have a K-Value of 16. For more information on how the K-Value affects your Premier Rating, please see the Ratings and Rankings FAQ.

What are the prizes?

Prizes are awarded to the top 4 players in each age group.

Our age groups are:

Junior Division: Born 1997 or later

Senior Division: Born in 1993, 1994, 1995, or 1996

Masters Division: Born in 1992 or earlier

Participants will receive an exclusive City Championships promo card and a commemorative pin, while supplies last.

Top 4 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place

* 18 Pokémon TCG booster packs
* A City Champion medal
* Prize kit containing cool Pokémon merchandise!

2nd Place

* 10 Pokémon booster packs

3rd & 4th Place

* 4 Pokémon TCG booster packs

What do I need to know?

* Bring your POP ID card, if you have one. If you don’t have a POP ID, one will be given to you at the event.
* See Pokémon Tournament Rules for more information about what to bring to an event.
* Make sure you arrive on time. If you are late for registration, you may not be able to play in the event.
* To participate in the event, you must be a player in good standing and abide by the Tournament Rules.
* See the Legal Notice for certain eligibility requirements and other information, including information concerning limitations on Pokémon’s liability.
* Local residency is not required to enter a Pokémon TCG City, State, or Regional Championship event.

What happens after the tournament?

After the tournament ends, the Tournament Organizer will submit the tournament results to Pokémon USA, Inc. Pokémon, which sanctions the tournaments, will determine player rankings. Pokémon Organized Play reserves the right to remove the Premier Event status of any event that is not run in accordance with Premier Event policies.

Who should I contact for additional information?

You may contact the Tournament Organizer, De Urban, via phone at 217-337-1555 or via email at [email protected]. You may also consult the Pokemon Organized Play website at http://www.go-pokemon.com/op.

Directions from Chicago (~ 2 hours from the Kennedy/Ike intersection, ~1:30 from the I-80/I-57 intersection)

Directions from Rockford

Directions from Indianapolis

Directions from St. Louis

I'm not sure what details I'm allowed to post yet. Suffice it to say that this will be AMAZING, and I want to see as MANY people as possible down here!

Last edited:
I drive from the north end of Route 53, and I get off at Market Street (ch33p gas). It takes me 2 hours 20 minutes from the time I get on to the 53 until the time I get on to Market Street, going exactly 4 miles over the speed limit the entire way. Mapquest times that journey at 2:41, but I get about 2:20, and my cousin was pushing around 2 hours flat. From the time I get on to I-57 at the junction with I-80, it takes me about 1:15 to 1:30 (not completely sure, I never time it from that particular place). When I move in to college, my parents drive me down in the morning (leave around 6pm) and drive back home at night (leave around 6pm).

I'll update the initial post with Mapquest links from Rockford, Indy, Chicago, and St Louis.

Last edited:
Realistically you can take your time and stop at a rest stop or get some food and do it in 2 and a half hours to 3 hours depending on how long Hardees makes you wait for your double, big greasy, 90 g of fat, 1700+ calorie, thickburger.

If you go solo and don't need to stop you can do it in 1:45 including your speeding ticket stop =P.

I will need to see what i can do to get there it also depends on what CC's pop up in WI Between now and then *GB's a 6 hr drive from Urbana T.T

Responses!!! I'm always happy seeing people respond to this!

Great! Bring as many people as you can find! Everybody is welcome!

Oh. I just came up to Chicago this weekend. Market Street (ch33p gas) is exactly 2 hours from the Kennedy/Ike intersection, 1:30 from the I-80/I-57 intersection, and an hour from Kankakee with no traffic. I'll update the first post with this.

Updated with all the information that I know about. I'll know more after tomorrow night. Cya!

Sweet..... That's quite a drive!

Look forward to seeing you up here!

We are now within 15 hours of Cities, and I'm starting to get EXCITED about this! Hopefully, I'll get a good sleep tonight...

bad news man....

Richard and Rob are not gonna make it....

The 4 kids from my shop are also contimplating it because of the snow....

Good luck today, mother nature strikes again.

Jimmy

My events always seem to have these kinds of gremlins.

No matter.

34 BRAVE SOULS made it out here. The Moskows came from NW Chicago. We had a family of 4 from the south. Two people from Decatur. Heck, my other Judge came from Bloomington, passing no fewer than ELEVEN accidents on the I-74.

I'd call 34 with those weather conditions a COMPLETE success!!!

Ma (18):

1st Joel M BlissCario
2nd Gary H BlissApe (LOCAL)
3/4 Rob S Magmortar/Furret/Ninetales/Arcanine (LOCAL)
I can't remember the other 3/4...

Sr (6):
1st Alyssa G Claydol/Exeggutor (LOCAL)

Jr (9):
1st Ben M EmpCario

I need to find Joel and Ben. I forgot to give them the winner's sheets...

Back