UrsaVoir

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Scipio, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scipio

Scipio New Member

25 Pokémon:
    4 :colorless Teddiursa MT
    4 :colorless Ursaring MT
    3 :psychic: Ralts DF
    2 :psychic: Kirlia DF
    3 :psychic: Gardevoir PK
    4 :psychic: Chingling MT
    2 :psychic: Nidoran MT
    1 :psychic: Nidorina MT
    2 :metal: Nidoqueen DF

21 Trainers:
    3 Holon Mentor
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Night Maintainance
    3 Bill's Maintainance
    3 Celio's Network
    2 Copycat
    3 Windstorm

14 Energy:
    4 BoostEnergy
    10 Psychic Energy

Strategy: Obviously Gardevoir keeps the Teddiursa on the bench damaged while charging said Teddiursa. Ursaring pounds for 100. The first Ursaring should make use of the Boost energy. Nidoqueen and the high amount of Night Maintainance make sure that there is a steady teddi flow.
    Chingling is the obvious starter here. Gardevoir not only works as energy supply, but can if needed hit for around 60-ish damage, if the energy is played right. Nidoqueen is a better backup attacker though, since the Queen can strike for 90, but the amount of bears in the discard is likely to dwindle pretty fast due to the Maintainance. As such, I shouldn't rely on it.
    The trainer lineup is pretty self-explanatory. Bill's over TVR to enable myself to shuffle Psychic energy back in the deck, so that Gardevoir can search them.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  2. Mewchou

Mewchou Member

Looks pretty solid, except you have 25 Pokemon which puts the deck at 62 cards. Since you have Chingling as your starter, take out a couple of Mentors, or 1 Mentor and 1 Night Maintenance and you should be set.

By the way, my friend was telling me a few weeks ago about his Ursaring/Gardevoir deck. I thought about it, then threw a list together, but I like yours better.

3. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

I'm not 100% sold on how fast this can be set up, but it's a nice combo.

Maybe you should call it Big GUNs ... Gardevoir, Ursang, & Nidoqueen. :rolleyes:

4. Jim Ferrell

Jim Ferrell New Member

Excellent deck concept. Really one of the best I've seen in awhile. Incredibly synergy and support here. I really am not sure on how much you need Nidoqueen though. I used to use the card extensively. But I believe if you drop your Queen line you can beef up your Windstorms and other supporting Trainers. You also need to switch your Ralts and Kirlia to Power Keepers since they're pretty much better, and actually don't require Fire Energy to attack. I'd also like to see an extra Psychic or two.

I understand your strategy, but I think it'd be best served focusing a bit more. I've simply found that in decks with Queen, when I focused on building her up, I could have built up something offensive instead. And in this current format, it seems to be all about speed. Also, once you're setup Queen is typically useless, I use typically because you do run the Boosts to enable Vengeance. If you do however keep Nidoqueen, switch to your Nidorans and Nidorinas to Mysterious Treasures. They're Psychic type and have higher HP and better weakness factor the their Delta Counterparts.

Here's what I'd do:

Pokémon: 21
    4 Chingling MT
    1 Chimecho MT
    4 Teddiursa MT
    4 Ursaring MT
    3 Ralts PK
    2 Kirlia PK
    3 Gardevoir PK

Energy: 16
    12 Psychic
    4 Boost

Trainers: 23
    4 Celio's Network
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Windstorm
    3 Steven's Advice
    3 Bill's Maintainance
    2 Holon Mentor
    2 Copycat
    2 Night Maintenance

Good luck, again, great deck concept,

EDIT: Also, that 4th Rare Candy can be cut for a 4th Windstorm or 3rd Holon Mentor. Depending on your testing.

~Jim

5. Scipio

Scipio New Member

Jim Ferrel - Thank you for the extensive advice. There is one thing I should note though - there are Non-Delta Ralts and Kirlia in DF. The Ralts can Hypnotize, the Kirlia can Paralyze. They're reprints from, if memory serves right, the SandStorm versions.
    Mewchou - Thanks for noticing that. Guess I had a brainfart right there.
    Vanderbilt - The initial setup isn't THAT fast, hence why the Boosts are such great assests here. Ursarings 100 HP is a good help in taking some turns.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

*Pokes deck with a stick*

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  6. Master_Whiscash_77

Master_Whiscash_77 New Member

dude i literally thought of this exact same deck and was wondering if anyone else would figure it out. i agree that queen is unnecessary and i think it is worth considering WP, DRE, and Scramble, all of which help. play ralts and kirlia from DF like you said. overall pretty solid. GL!

7. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

My list:

2 Warp Point
    2 Nightly Garbage Run
    3 Windstorm
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Professor Rowan
    2 Copycat
    2 Bill's Maintenance
    2 Holon Mentor
    2 Quick Ball
    4 Celio's Network

3 Boost Energy
    3 Holon Energy WP
    10 Psychic Energy

1 Chimecho L21 MT
    3 Chingling L6 MT
    3 Gardevoir RS
    2 Kirlia SS
    3 Ralts SS
    4 Ursaring L38 MT
    4 Teddiursa L20 MT

It runs fairly well. Teddy or Ralts starts can be a bummer because this deck really relies on setup before it can do anything useful.

Does anyone ever use Ursaring's first attack? I'm afraid to.

8. PSYCO829

PSYCO829 New Member

ursarings first attack is like infernapes first attack
    you dont want to use it, but eventually, ya do
    and you hate it
    even when it works

9. Ra2xse

Ra2xse New Member

4 Teddiursa MT
    4 Ursaring MT
    3 Ralts DF
    2 Kirlia DF
    3 Gardevoir PK
    4 Chingling MT
    2 Chimencho MT
    =22
    3 Holon Mentor
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Night Maintainance
    4 Celio's Network
    4 Steven's Advise
    2 Copycat
    4 Windstorm
    =22+22=44
    4 BoostEnergy
    12 Psychic Energy
    =16+44=60
    I think that this will work better.

10. Jim Ferrell

Jim Ferrell New Member

I cut two of my Psychics for Rainbows, and yeah, works great. Really helps out if you're having difficulty getting Gardevoir going, and need to damage Teddiursa. Just a thought.

~Jim

11. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

Rainbow's rotated, Jim...

12. merman

merman New Member

You could try teching in a 1-1 Karp/Gyarados
    Great tech against infernape and works great with gardevoir.

13. JokerBoi

JokerBoi New Member

I think WP is very useful here since both pokemon have a 2 retreat cost
    -2 Psychic
    +2 WP

2 Night maintainence should keep the energies in the deck

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  14. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

@Merman: You need a tech for Infernape? Really? I could have sworn that you OHKO Infernape, while it can't OHKO you back. Not to mention that your Tediursas on the bench will be rather quickly charged up with Gardevoir.

Infernape isn't worth counter tech-ing, in my opinion. Heck, if you play without Nidoqueen, you've even got the option of running a Battle Frontier or two, since you don't use Colorless powers.

A random question here... Has anyone tested a 3-3 Ursaring line here? The reason being, this lowers your chances of Tediursa starts. Since Ursaring doesn't care how many Teddies are on the bench, you can deal 100 with just one Teddy on the bench. Due to Night Maintenence, I don't see the need to have 4, but that's just me.

15. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

I really like the idea. I would recommend Chimecho. You can use Chingling to grab mentor. Then use Mentor to grab some basics including Chimecho. Evolve Chingling and remove all damage counters :) Then attach energy if there isn't one there yet. Start drawing 3 cards. :D

16. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

You have answered my prayers for a good ursaring deck.

17. dragonite1234

dragonite1234 New Member

lolz i played this deck last week it is ok but really inconsistant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.