Vendors at Worlds

Discussion in 'World Championships' started by juniormccracken, Aug 2, 2013.

1. juniormccracken

juniormccracken <b>BR Autumn 11 WWWW Leader</b>

I have heard there is just going to be 1 vendor at World. I have 2 questions. 1, can anyone confirm that there is only going to be one vendor there? Also, is there anyone going to be buying bulk there?

Thanks!

2. King Piplup

King Piplup Active Member

The only vendor at Worlds is TPCI itself, and given that they only sell Merch, there are no card vendors at Worlds.
    (Edit: At least, this has always been true)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  3. iLifeless

iLifeless New Member

I was at a local card store yesterday and they said they are going to be a vendor at worlds.

4. Glaceon

Glaceon New Member

Unofficial ones (people selling there stuff in secret)

5. juniormccracken

juniormccracken <b>BR Autumn 11 WWWW Leader</b>

They better watch out. I hear they are giving out the Ban Hammer on people who try to do this. There are people who are walking around with suitcases full of merchandise... :eek:

6. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

I remember being at San Diego, and the Japanese players set their wares down on the floor almost immediately outside the tournament hall. I don't think any of them moved the entire weekend.

7. AyameHikaru

AyameHikaru New Member

There were quite a few people kicked out this year for selling. :)

8. King Piplup

Yeah, selling was not taken to lightly at all this year.

9. HappyHaunter

HappyHaunter New Member

I know a few people who had binders of cards they were selling only. Would something like have been allowed even though they maybe wouldn't have been in just one specific place trying to sell them? Just curious.

10. AyameHikaru

AyameHikaru New Member

As far as I'm aware, any selling at all inside the convention center was illegal. Outside of the official store, of course.

11. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

There were a lot of people selling, in the open gaming area.
    If they closed peoples shops, or they kicked people out - I didn't see any of this.

12. King Piplup

They supposedly removed a few people, and they definitely closed down some operations before the announcement against selling on Friday night.

13. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

I didn't hear this announcement, some people were selling in open gaming the entire weekend.

14. King Piplup

Well, Friday night Dave Schwimmer made a nice loud announcement, and anyone who was selling was doing so at their own peril.