2x Great Ball
2x Windstorm
2x Switch
1x Warp Point
2x Holon Adventurer
1x Team Galactic's Mars
1x Celio's Network

13x Grass Energy

The idea is pretty straightforward: Venusaur as the main hitter with Sceptile on the bench. Minun on the bench for Minus Charge. Pachi for an even faster start.

Deogg, my hubby Dan built one like this for States but didn't get the chance to play it when our little one got sick. He found that he really needed a starter. He went with Stantler and it seemed to work well. He also teched in one Venusaur SW to hit them with Special Conditions. That was nice. Plus he used that one against my Magmortar so that he wasn't hit by double weakness all the time.

Now here's the question: since Venusaur is the main tank in the deck, should I go up to 3 (or even 4) Venusaur's in the deck? And perhaps drop down the Sceptile count to two (or at the VERY most 3) since its role is really more of a supporting role?

Yes, I think so. (Sorry the sick kiddo needed me hence the abrupt ending of my previous post.) I would say something like this for the Pokemon line-up

2-1-2 Sceptile
4-2-3-1 Venusaur (3 CG, 1 SW or just 4 CG if you prefer)
4 Stantler, Pachirisu or starter of choice (4 to increase the odds of drawing it in opening hand)
1-1 or 2-2 Claydol (sort of a draw supporter replacement and great tech against Absol)

I think the Claydol would be a better option than Minun. And I left the POP4 Sceptile out since Venusaur doesn't need the extra energy on him for attacking just attached to any of your Pokemon so I don't think you will need to move it much but I could be mistaken.

Now you'll want to adjust the Trainer line based on your starter. I'd say drop the Great Balls for some Roseanne's with my list because Roseanne's can grab the basics and/or energy. Claydol will get you draw power and not put a supporter in your discard for Gardevoir to use. And even drop the Holon Advenurers for something maybe 2 more energy or to make the room for the Claydol line or more Sceptile?

And since you are running straight basic energy, I think Crystal Beach would be good in here.

Another tech option is a 1-1 or 2-2 Volbeat/Illumise. It can help set-up and recycle some supporters but the trade off is that your bench is pretty full and they are snipe bait.

I hope some of these ideas work for you! Good luck with this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back