VERY rough Charizard deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Pinsir52, Dec 1, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinsir52

Pinsir52 New Member

I'm sure it has been done before, but I need help w/my list. Thanks:thumb:

Charizardδ+Delta Supply+Basic Metal Energy=i win? Even if not, its still a Charizard deck, and I will play it.

Pokemon: 20

4-2-4 Charizardδ
    2-1-2 Flygonδ
    4 Holon's Castform
    1(maybe 2) Mantineδ
    ----------
    Trainers: 22ish

3-4 Celio
    3 Roseanne's
    4 Candy
    4 SSU(not sure if I need them. Good if i need extra Peal of Thunder. Thoughts?)
    3-4 Windstorm
    3-4 Draw Supporters(Stevens or Oak's Visit)
    (if I find SSU isn't necessary, i'll put in Castaway+ strength charm)
    2(ish)Night Maintenance(The only real problem I see is discarding good stuff with Peal of Thunder. Should I run like 4 Night Maintenance?)
    ----------

Energy: 18ish(i figure you need A LOT, even w/Castform so Peal of Thunder isn't destructive...yes? no?:confused:)

3 Scrambles
    4 Double Rainbow
    6 Basic Metal(no special. can't delta supply special energy)
    6 Lightning

Deck's Strategy: Get Charizardδ active(fast), and set up 2 Flygonδ. Between Peal of Thunder and Delta Supply, I can pump out 120 a turn. Scrambles and DRE for added speed. By the time one charizard dies, I'll have 2 more fully buffed thanks to Peal. Charizardδ OHKO's Empoleon, Gardevoir, Lucario, Almost Machamp, Almost Blissey, Electivire, and bunches of popular Pokes. Mantineδ to aid with peal of thunder.

Lastly: I'm gonna run out of energy quick. I don't think there's room for catty ex. what do i do about that?

Obviously, I need a lot of help. I'm very open to ideas.

2. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Sableye is like BCIF and its power means you're more likely to hit nrg. Flygon is a bad idea simply 'cause you want more nrg in your deck and Charizard accelerates. Castform really won't work because as a starter it's fighting weak and low HP while in deck PoT ignores it! Perhaps try /blissey who can benefit from PoT?

3. Pinsir52

Pinsir52 New Member

^That's a really great idea. I might actually make that deck. THANKS!

4. Ryomota

Ryomota New Member

First of all, I am SO HAPPY somebody made this deck modified for the new format. I used to play it last season. But I suggest NO SSU because I played w/o using PoT. It's more harmful than you think. I suggest dropping the Celio's for a 2-2 line of Fearowδ. It does the work of a Celio without costing you a supporter.

Pokemon: 21

3-2-3 Charizardδ
    2-1-2 Flygonδ
    4 Holon's Castform
    2-2 Fearowδ

Trainers: 22

4 Candy
    2 Mentor
    4 Windstorm
    3 Steven's
    2 Castaway
    2 Strength Charm
    3 Night Maintenance

Energy: 17

3 Delta Rainbow
    4 Double Rainbow
    6 Basic Metal
    6 Lightning

I personally like this list better because you can mentor for Holon's Castform and use night matinenance to put in back in your deck. I added Delta Rainbow because it's much better than a Scramble Energy because you can use it to your advantage at anytime and it can be Delta Supplied. I picked Steven's because when you play this deck, your hand can run awfully low and Oak's Visit just won't make up for it.

5. Pinsir52

Pinsir52 New Member

Can this actually compete in the current format?

6. Ryomota

Ryomota New Member

I believe this deck has great potential if the trainer line was improved a bit (I currently don't like it as much as I should) and if you got enough practice with it. I'm going to see if I can improve the trainer line some, because I don't think it has enough energy search power to get energy from your deck.

7. Pinsir52

Pinsir52 New Member

Roseanne instead of mentor, perhaps

8. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

Mantine seems pretty good with Charizard...

Of course, with a new Togekiss coming out with a MUCH better Power...

9. Ryomota

Ryomota New Member

Yeah. 2 Roseanne instead of Mentors. I don't really see anything else to improve. I'll build this deck and test it at league tomorrow and see how it does.

Edit: Just looked up the text spoilers for Togekiss. Great card, but would be hard to fit w/o removing Fearow, which I like personally for it's free Celio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.