Vespiquen...?

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by dormos, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dormos

dormos New Member

So I used to play way back in the day, and dropped out a bit after Fossil came out. Few friends of mine and I saw these crazy power cards that you kids are playing with now a day...heh, the biggest tactic there really was the choice of either Bill or Oak. Anyway, I saw the DP Vespiquen card, so decided to hop on a random forum and see if any of you guys were talking about it. I noticed, you're not, at least not for the last six pages.

So, has anyone tried to do anything with Vespiquen? Vespiquen and Kricketot can end up being pretty nifty, it seems. Sure sure I know you can just run Kricketune with Kricketot and get a quicker win, but has anyone tried anything anyway? Or is the card not good enough to do anything worthwhile with?

Here's what I was thinking of:

4 Combee
    4 Vespiquen
    4 Kricketot
    2 Kricketune

Grass Energy

Holon Mentor
    Dusk Ball
    super scoop up

...I'm still getting used to the cards, so I don't know all of the legal ones and all that yet. I know this is short of a deck, but it's an idea. Basically, again, the idea is to load your side with grass pokemon and use Attack Order. Any ideas on how to make this work?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  2. Heatherdu

Heatherdu New Member

Hi! I'm glad that you rediscovered Pokemon and found Pokegym. Just so you know, there is a search option on the forums so you can enter Vespiquen (I sometimes try misspellings as well) to find threads.

Yes, most Kricket decks want to be quick and leave lots of room on the bench for the other Krickets. It could be a tech in the deck but probably not the best pick.

My son uses Vespiquen (as healer) with Torterra (attacker) and you can add Budew or Chingling as starters to grab trainers to help you set-up. Similar versions of this deck can be made fairly easily with the Torterra starter deck, a Torterra Lv. X tin, and hopefully some goodies you find in your packs. Here is his list to give you an idea ->

Pokemon - 19
    4 Chingling
    1 Chimecho
    4 Turtwig
    2 Grotle
    3 Torterra
    1 Torterra Lv.X
    2 Combee
    2 Vespiquen

Trainers - 25
    3 Mentor
    3 Celio