Item:Sitrus Berry
Evs:252 Hp, 129 Def,129 Sp.Def
Nature:Impish, +Def. -Sp.Attack

Move Set
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Body Slam
-Rock Slide

In essence I've been trying to work on a team to compliment a Charizard (X), I think he's really underrated in VGC and he has proven to be capable.
I've been struggling with finding a team that compliments him. I figured that with the dual screens klefki and the tailwind talongflame he'd have a great set up to sweep through teams but I realize this isn't substance enough since I'm relying too heavily on the Charizard.
Any ideas or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. =)

What sort of strategy are you looking to have to build around Charizard? Special sweep- trick room- like, what is it you are wanting to achieve?

Suggestions for this team need to have a focus point of strategy in order to make good suggestions from us to help you. Setting up for Charizard to be your main sweeper?

One of the quick-look items I run my team through is how many of the same nature do I have on my team. Keep in mind, this is a guideline, not a hard, fast rule but in general I don't like to run more than two of the same nature so I'm not caught lacking somewhere else. I notice you're running 3 Bold Pokes. Granted, they all work well with a Bold nature but you could look into some different ones. Specifically, I'm looking at Klefki. With Prankster and no Speed EV investment, you don't necessarily need to run Bold - you could go for a Relaxed or Sassy Klefki to still boost one of your Defenses.

If you're running Rock Slide on Charizard, drop Rock Slide on him. If you're looking for spread coverage, you could change to a speed reducing nature and try running a mixed set - nobody is going to expect Surf coming from Snorlax. Alternately, you could drop Rock Slide on Charizard and go for a STAB Fire move. I'd recommend you go with Flare Blitz for the extra power but if you want to go with Fire Fang, that's your choice.

You also have 4 Pokemon with the exact same EV spread: 252 HP/128 Def/128 Sp.Def. You should mix that up significantly. I would recommend some Speed investment with Talonflame (yes, even with Gale Wings) just in case you run into a Prankster, as well as choosing one of your Defenses for the rest of your Pokes and focusing on that. Example: I was playing around with a Politoed on Showdown. With 252 EVs in both Defenses, a Calm nature gave me 29 more points in Sp.Def as opposed to the Bold nature which only increased my Def by 18. I would play around with the EV spreads and focus on what threats you anticipate seeing against those specific Pokes.

Hope you managed to get something worthwhile out of all that.

Calvin85

Back