Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

VGC World Champ playing TCG?!?!?

kamz

Yah so I won VGC worlds in the senior division and I finally decided that I should just come to a couple brs just because I really liked the new Victory Cup. It ends up being 8 seniors with a top 2. this is Granada Hills BRs. I met up with Kenny and edmund and we just waited till pairings were posted.

Round 1 VS ????????
She starts magnemite and I'm scared now because I knew reshiplosions matchup against magnezone is really hard. She was actually running magnezone with meganium and I just swept with reshiram.

1-0

round 2 vs Patrick N w stage 1
We both get a slow start but I am able to get rid of like 3-4 yanmas with outrage and its gg.

2-0

round 3 vs Kirstin C w reshiplosion
I get a really slow start to her really fast one and my smeargles just cant help me because she keeps using her supporters she draws through roast reveal. by t5 I scoop.

2-1

Lunch Break
I start eating my subway sandwich and just waited for the standings to be posted. My resistance was good enough that I placed 2nd and now I had to wait for top 2 to start

top 2 vs kirstin C

Game 1
This game was just really easy. I took 3 straigt prizes using catcher to kill cyndiquils and quilavas. she really didnt get anything set up.

game 2
look at round 3

game 3
This is a back and forth game in which we both take a prize per turn and both of us using switch to get our typhlosions out of our active spot. I finally get 2 plus powers so I can kill one of her typhlosions which pretty much sealed the game.

I won my first tournament this season and the victory cup is pretty awesome

pros
kenny for giving me cards
edmund for being edmund
team tech

cons
team tech not sweeping
not going x-0

Back