Victreelord EON

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by YoungJohn06, Oct 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

I've been playing around with a Victreebell (AQ) and Wailord (RS/EX) deck. It's been pretty solid except with a few bad starts where I cannot draw anything at all. So I was hoping someone could help me with it maybe.

Here's the deck list.

Pokemon: 22

4 Bellsprout (AQ)
    2 Weepinbell (AQ)
    3 Victreebell (AQ)

4Wailmer (3 SS/1 RS)
    4 Wailord (3 RS/1 EX)

2 Zigzagzoon (SS)
    2 Linoone (RS)
    1 Dunsparce (SS)

Trainers: 20

4 Potion
    3 Copycat
    3 Switch
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 Professor Oaks Research
    2 Pokeball (I will replace these with Professor Elm's Training method once I get/find them)
    1 Town Volunteers

Energy: 18

9 Water
    9 Grass

This deck isn't really designed to beat any specific deck... I really like Victreebell for it's gust type power. It's great to have some board control, I've found that Fire decks aren't that strong against this due to Wailord... I can generally destroy any fire deck with it... I just have to get Wailord up asap and use Victreebell's power to bring out threatening pokemon on bench and destroy them with Wailord or Victreebell it's self. It CAN take down Gardevoir quite nicely if you think about it... Victreebell can just pull it out and do 80 damage to it plus possible burn... if they can't kill Victreebell, Gardevoir dies next turn, if they do kill Victreebell, you can use another one or Wailord to come out and finish it off. The deck it had a hard time against is Sceptile Tech... that deck (another one I play right now) is brutal when it gets up and going. I've test played the two against eachother and they're tied in wins and losses. Both have won and lost once to eachother.

Any fixes welcome, I'm hoping to make this a bit better.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2003
  2. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

What I think could help your draw would be drop Zigzagoon for RS Delcatty holo. Either way Lanette's Net search can get your main 3 basics in this deck where Fan Club will only get you 2.

3. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Go with what Pidgeotto trainer said and add more nrg.(It's hard to come by when using a Wailord. Believe me I know)Hey Pidgeotto, we finally agree on something! That's a first :lol:!

4. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

I'll try Delcatty... I might add Fisherman in if I do that, I find with Delcatty I run out of energy a lot. Swampert is right, Wailord is an energy eater.

5. ShadowCacnea

ShadowCacnea New Member

yeah, add delcatty and more energy, also fisherman would be a good choice. I lost a game with Delcatty because I wasn't sure how much energy was in my deck and I ran out....lol....so yeah, add fisherman with delcatty.

6. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

That's the only thing I don't like about Delcatty... without much ways to recycle energy in this game it's kinda limited with it's power.

7. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Well, the reason you're not getting games where you get absolutely nothing is cuz you lack draw power... a LOT of draw power. If you don't want to play Delcatty, just do some of this stuff:

Make your wailord line 3/3, this gives us a little room, you don't need a 4/4 of them since they ARE huge energy eaters. Take out 1 RS, so you have 2 RS/1 ex.

Drop a switch, drop a Potion...

Now, add in 4 Professor Birch. I'd make the COpycat/ Research numbers switch around if I were you, then I'd drop the Cats for Desert Shamans.

I like you're energy count, but I think you can benefit off a few Boost Energy, I dunno what you'd take out though, since Wailord needs SOOO much freakin' water.

This is a good idea for a deck, just needs a bit of tightening on the trainers and you'll be set. If you can get Victreebell up real fast, you've got a great advantage.

8. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

I like your ideas a lot Nike. I think I'm gonna use them. This deck... is really good. When and if you get it up and running... it's a good fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.