Vile Minds

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by vanderbilt_grad, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

Pokemon (18)

4 Ralts
    2 Kirlia
    3 Gallade
    2 Gardevoir
    1 Gardevoir lv X

1 Sneasel
    1 Weavile

4 Absol

Trainers (26)

2 Great Ball
    2 Night Maintenance
    4 Rare Candy
    2 Windstorm
    2 Warp Point

2 Castaway
    3 Celio's
    2 Roseanne’s Research
    3 Team Galactic Mars
    2 Team Galactic’s Wager

1 Cessation Crystal
    1 Strength Charm

Energy (16)

6 Psychic
    2 Fighting
    1 Darkness (basic)
    4 Darkness (special)
    3 DRE

Absol is the ideal opener, cutting my opponent’s hand down to size as I set up on the bench. Absol can also be useful later in the game, either cutting hand size then too or doing 50 with a special darkness energy ... which can 1HKO many basics T1 or T2. If you get the Strength Charm then you can KO 60 HP basics. That's huge IMHO. In my first CC I ran Stantler but while I was setting up with him I felt like I was giving my opponent's too much time to set up themselves. Not a huge deal against some decks, but it was a real problem against the faster ones.

Gallade is the main attacker. I focus more on his second attack than his first. Against fighting resistant foes I can resort to his first attack or my tech Weavile to change his type to Darkness. Weavile also allows him to use the Special Darkness energies for even more damage.

Gardevoir is AMAZING. Telepass is one of the best powers ever! It adds so much speed and consistency to the deck that it’s just amazing. I’ve found both the normal one’s attack and the level x’s attacks to be useful at various times. Against BlissCatty for instance I was able to use Bring Down to take out the Delcatties. Teleportation is super useful and combos well with both Absol and the decks other attackers.

Weavile is the deck’s main tech. His ability to change the attacker’s type & let them use special darkness energy is just amazing in some matchups. His own water type can actually come in handy too as can his energy acceleration, though all things considered I like him on the bench better.

Note: this is a fourth draft of the deck. In my first CC I ran 4 DRE, 4 Stantler, & 4 Windstorm ... and while the speed of the DRE and candy was useful I found myself making more than one misplay where I forgot to turn over an extra prize card for the KO and I just didn't seem to need all the candy. So now it’s just 3 DRE & 2 Windstorm. I've really liked the Warp Points since I've added them.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  2. hectagonman

hectagonman New Member

Replace 1 basic dark with a Special dark
    for obvious reasons

3. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Which Ralts do you use? Is it the DF one??

4. vanderbilt_grad

DF Ralts is great, but no, I was thinking SW. The extra HP and weakness are what do it for me. I was saying that it's not a bad start, not becasue Ralts is good but because of Kirlia. If you start Ralts then T2 you have the potential to use Kirlia to gain additional consistancy ... and if that doesn't work out then likely you are headed for an agrro start and that's OK too. Gardevoir can probably help you out later if your setup wasn't ideal.

3 basic dark since I want to make sure that I can use Night Maint. to get some back if needed.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  5. hectagonman

hectagonman New Member

then put in more energy....

6. vanderbilt_grad

Tested a variation on this list tonight.

It beat my wife's Empoleon ... she had a terrible start though.

It beat a speed Blissey list ... that was an intersting game I had a T2 or T3 Gallade out while the Bliss list had trouble getting out evolutions ... Gallade popped two Chanseys and a Sableye but then Bliss roared back with Holon FF + Boost and start a prize exchange.

Then Banette was up. I wasn't able to get Weavile out until nearly the end of the game. Banette took 4 fairly quick prizes ... but most of them were Stantlers. I was able to consistantly get them out to sacrifice as I setup. I got Gallade out and he got me a prize or two. Then at one point I had lone Gardevoir level x facing an uninjured Bannet with two energy, two benched Shuppets, and a Banetted in the discard ... I use POV and topdeck a Stantler! lol! Took 3 more pizes various ways & finally got a Weavile while Banette got down to 1 prize. Banette took the win though by using Ghost Hand for 6 damage counters. Very fun game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.