vilegar for states (SR)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by MudkipPrime, Mar 14, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MudkipPrime

MudkipPrime New Member

4x gastly SF
    3x haunter TM
    2x gengar SF
    1x gengar prime
    1x gengar lvX
    2x oddish (psychic)
    2x gloom (psychic)
    2x vileplume UD
    4x spiritomb AR
    2x unown Q MD
    2x uxie LA
    1x Uxie lvX LA
    1x azelf
    1x ditto LA
    1x jirachi UL
    1x crobat G PT

SUPPORTERS/STADIUMS

2x cyrus conspiracy
    2x copycat
    1x twins
    3x lookers investigation
    1x professor oaks new theory
    3x bebes search
    2x broken time space
    1x palmers contribution
    2x seeker
    3x pokemon collector

ENERGY

6x psychic energy
    2x rescue energy
    2x warp energy

SO..... how does it look?

strategy: basic vilegar strategy, get trainer lock going fast, start dealing heavy damage with gengar sf, withe you never want to play BTS if you dont have to, so yeah. gengar prime can send the opponents important pokes to the lost zone. the crobat g if for a quick prize on the 70 hp guys. jirachi is for deovoulving guys with enough damage on the stage 1. and on gyarados you just shadow room once. jirachi. bye bye carp. ditto is for mirror match. cause its an extra gengar

2. deckmaster

deckmaster Active Member

Hello Friend,

You have a solid list--and I really like your Ditto tech against mirror matches. However, I made some necessary adjustments based on my play-testing results with VileGar.

4x gastly SF
    3x haunter TM
    2x gengar SF
    1x gengar prime
    1x gengar lvX
    2x oddish (psychic)
    2x gloom (psychic)
    2x vileplume UD
    4x spiritomb AR
    2x unown Q MD
    2x uxie LA
    1x Uxie lvX LA
    1x azelf
    1x crobat G PT
    1 Smeargle
    1 Ditto
    4 Collector
    4 Twins
    3 BTS
    1 Seeker
    3 Lookers
    1x palmers contribution
    3 Bebe Search
    1 Luxury Ball

7Psychic
    2 Rescue Energy
    1 Warp Energy

3. t-dawg

t-dawg New Member

I played VileGar at my States. No VileGar did to well that day. To many dark decks, and people countering against LostGar which has hurt VileGar. Also DialgaChomp became big as well which is a hard match up for VileGar. I would suggest running all SF Gengar I ran the Prime but it messed me up in the end. Also may want to look into running Azelf Lv X to get rid of the Weakness. I ran a 1-1-1 line of Vileplume because it lowered the chances of starting with Oddish and you shouldnt worry to much on the trainer lock. And I didn't have a problem getting Vileplume out during the games I played it. Dialga/Chomp loves bench eaters like Vileplume because it has a pokebody that will get shut off. I had AMU in my deck because I figured I already had Uxie and Azelf X why not the Mesprit X which I got to use Supreme Blast a lot which helped during one match to take out a tank Dialga G X.
    2-1 Uxie X
    1-1 Azelf X
    1-1 Mesprit X (mesprit plus seeker= amazing!)
    1- Lucians Assignment if you would like also.

Ditto is not needed its a bench eater. Bad starter, and doesn't help as much as you need it to. Same thing with Jirachi UL

4. MudkipPrime

MudkipPrime New Member

actually the prime helped me alot i LZ 3 machamps to come back, (i was failing)

5. t-dawg

t-dawg New Member

Vilegar just hasn't done well. VileGar with Dusknoir has though. Same thing with Gliscor X and Gengar Prime

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.