Vileplume vs. Bellossom vs. Victreebel

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by d13tp3ps1, Aug 28, 2008.

1. d13tp3ps1

d13tp3ps1 New Member

I built a deck to just play around with, as I am growing weary of constantly testing my BR deck.
    Right now I've got 4-3-4 Vileplume (grass oddish and gloom) and 2-1-2 Victreebel. Do I need Bellossom? Really?
    I haven't tried playing with it, but it doesn't seem that great.
    Opinions?

2. flariados

flariados New Member

One good deck is 4 oddish 3 Gloom 3 Bellossom and 2 vileplume with 2-2 claydol.

3. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 New Member

Well with 3 energy with vileplume you won't be using it to attack much. Belossom give you the ]qucik attack power I mean it already does 2 for 60 and 50% chance of burn compared to vileplumes 60 for 3 and 50% chance of not Trainers for a tun. Vilplume shold really only be used for a tech unless you are trying for condition deck.

4. poke_master2008

poke_master2008 New Member

2-2 Claydol
    3-2-3-1 Vileplume/Bellossom
    3-3 Weezing

4 Call
    3 Multi
    9 Psychic

Claydol = Draw
    Vileplume = Poison and trainer lock
    Bellossom = Nice hitter when needed
    Weezing = More damage for poison inbetween turns

Just an idea tho...i havent tested it out or anything

5. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

3 Bellossom, 2 Vileplume. Lock decks only really wrk when there is certainty the lock takes place. It's flippy, sooo.....

6. poke_master2008

poke_master2008 New Member

The whole point of the list i gave was hitting 90 a turn....60 and a 50% chance of no trainers and 30 for poison (10 for reg and 20 for 2 weezings)

7. d13tp3ps1

d13tp3ps1 New Member

i took your advice and added weezing, we'll see how it plays out when i play later on.

8. Kabutops141

Kabutops141 New Member

The Bellossom and Vileplume combo is really amazing. Run 3 Bell and 2 Plume, as said already. 120 damage + Burn + Poision + Asleep for 2 nrg = Awesome.

BTW, Bellossome>>>>>>>>>>>Victreebel.

9. ShadowGuard

ShadowGuard <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

The problem are the low HP of Bellossom. Anything not named Kingdra will take it out easily, I already tested that kind of deck for some matches (3 Bellossom, 2 Vileplume). Damage output is really great for two energy (80-100 + possible burn in average with a good setup engine), but usually Bellossom is knocked out so fast that you don't have time to attach energy to Vileplume and use its power.

10. Kabutops141

Kabutops141 New Member

Yeah. The HP is a downside, but is made up by it's speed. But, yeah I agree that the HP is pretty bad.