Vire Catty

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by shiftrymaster68, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiftrymaster68

shiftrymaster68 New Member

I do realize that this deck doesn't have a chance of being legal until after BRs going into Cities, but I figured I'd write a rough draft now.

19 Pokemon
    4 Electabuzz DP1/Secret Wonders (dunno what it does, but if it's better than Buzz DP, then it'll be replaced)
    4 Electivire Secret Wonders/-1 for an Electivire LV. X
    3 Skitty PK
    3 Delcatty PK
    1 Delcatty ex
    4 Chingling

18 Energy
    10 Lightning
    4 Double Rainbow
    4 Scramble

23 Trainers
    4 Celio's Network
    4 TV Reporter
    4 Windstorm
    3 Great Ball
    3 Warp Point
    2 Night Maintenance
    2 Copycat
    1 H. Mentor

The deck functions more like a speed setup of 2 Vires and 1 Catty and going to town with Energy Draw/Motor Drive and digging for your DRE and Scramble and other Lightnings. It functions much like a Blissey/Ape hybrid deck, except it works faster and relies more on chance due to Discharge's effect. LMK what you think!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  2. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

I would play 2 MT vire 1 DP vire and 1 Vire x, other than that this looks like its gonna works really well.

3. Dark Ninja

Dark Ninja New Member

Since your playing ching, I would say drop the greatballs for 3 mentor and a a scott. More stuff for chingling to grab.

4. jconti2818

jconti2818 Member

If you're thinking of a DP3 deck, you might want to also look at DP3 Raikou--it could get the energy Electivire DP1 discards out of the discard pile in case your Delcatty Ex was prized.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  5. shiftrymaster68

I edited the first list with -1 Great Ball for 1 H. Mentor. You should only need to grab it once per game, to get setup. Every Inviting Bell after that will be fetching Celio's and TVR. I could try out 1 Vire DP. It's no doubt more dependable, but it does lack the Motor Drive power. I'll be testing this after/during BR's. I'll also test if I need Vire X. Thanks for the replies so far, and keep'em coming!

6. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Agreed on dropping Great Ball for Mentor and Scott. Chingling T1 should be grabbing either Mentor or Scott, depending on your hand, then you can start searching and setup. Scott helps b/c it gives you a bunch of turns of setup while thinning your deck so that you can use TVR and stuff better. You're probably also going to want a single Chimecho so that you can keep drawing after you purge your deck of Supporters (and it will happen VERY quickly with Scott and Chingling in the deck).

Also, you're going to want VireX in there. He's too good NOT to use. 3-3/1 would work very nicely for that line to avoid the annoying lone Buzz start that kills Vire decks so badly.

What are you using the Copycats for? If it's for comebacks, I'd suggest Steven's Advice. If it's for deck saving, TGW or POR are better options.

I'd take out one Warp for a Switch, but I like having more options as to how I can manipulate the benches.

7. shiftrymaster68

Okay, another draft trying some of your suggestions...

20 Pokemon
    4 Electabuzz DP for now
    3 Electivire SW
    1 Electivire LV. X
    3 Skitty PK
    3 Delcatty PK
    1 Delcatty ex CG
    4 Chingling MT
    1 Chimecho MT

18 Energy
    10 Lightning
    4 Double Rainbow
    4 Scramble

22 Trainers
    4 Windstorm
    4 TV Reporter
    4 Celio's Network
    3 Great Ball
    2 Warp Point
    2 Night Maintenance/Time-Space Distortion
    2 Holon Mentor (to try to ensure not being prized)
    1 Scott

I have to say, I like the 3 Warp Points. The speed that the deck has in getting Vire up can force your opponent to send in a couple bait Pokemon, which Warp Point combats. It's a psuedo-Windstorm, and it's awesome late-game when you've been Motor Driving on one Vire for 2+ turns, drop a DRE/Scramble, and nearly ensure a OHKO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.