VireCatty (updated list)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by mrdraz07, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

I don't know if this is a fluke, but this deck has gone 6-0 in quick Redshark testing (4-0 against Gallade, 2-0 against Mag).

3 Electabuzz SW
    3 Electivire SW
    1 Electivire Lv. X
    3 Skitty
    2 Delcatty PK
    1 Delcatty ex

2 Bebe's
    4 Celio's
    2 Copycat
    2 Felicity's
    2 Night Main
    4 Pluspower
    2 Premier Ball
    4 Roseanne's
    4 TVR
    2 TSD
    2 Warp Point

17 Lightning

Strategy: Get a quick Vire Lv. X to take down their Pokemon! Delcatty helps with Vire's Motor Drive, and the Lv. X's attack is a consistent form of damage you can use in between Discharges. Delcatty ex is for late game Upstream to prevent decking out. Since Gallade easily one-hits Vire, I've included 3 TSD so you can respond with a KO on their Gallade with your Vire from the bench. Stantler starts so you can grab whatever supporter you need to set up.

This deck doesn't run Elekid or Electabuzz d because they both slow down the deck, add more basics to the deck that you don't want to start with, and don't help out Vire, which Catty does.

EDIT: Updated list, but still needs work!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  2. piñata

piñata New Member

your right it is a fluke
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

lol

i really dont know how it can beat gg

First ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Shellshock929

Shellshock929 <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Nice deck, but why don't you try out the Thoy Engine?

4. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

I don't even know what the Thoy engine is.

5. OHKOer

OHKOer New Member

why electabuss dp and not sw?

also, i don't see how this can beat mag (firestarter)! I know there’s a possibility, but I just don’t see in this list.

6. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

It is SW not DP lol

I honestly don't know. Mag had a bad start I think. I'll test it again.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Ok I just tested against Mag again and it went 2-0 again. I think the big thing is that you can easily one hit everything in their deck if you flip good heads, or if not you can go for double Pulse Barriers with Pluspower (I will update the list shortly). Another big bonus is that VireX shuts off Mag's healing ability, and Skitty start going first has a 50% chance of stopping a CFF. You just out-speed them by so much and it's really easy to start over again...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  7. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

how about +1 Vire DP1? to guarantee a OHKO to Gallade......... if you had plus power or somethin'................

8. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

To be able to trans the energy you need Elekid underneath, so no.

I also found out the GG list I was testing against was really crappy...Psychic Lock is what screws the deck over more than Gallade one-hitting you. It's still winnable but you just have to be able to get rid of Gardy ASAP.

9. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

GG, is very unlikely to loose... Unless your really really lucky at rolling heads.. Why don't you add crystal beach? it shuts off GG, and since you dont have and DRE or scramble it would work perfect. To tell you the truth, I dont see how this deck works when it cant even attack every turn. It says discard all energy.. Then you can only attach 2 per turn..

10. OHKOer

OHKOer New Member

It was dp when I last saw it o_O

True that u can one hit anything…if u get good rolls... I don‘t * think* most magmortar (firestarter) deck plays tool or stadium for you to “Pulse barriers” plus PP for the ohko- not in my deck anyway. Also, I’m not so sure about out speeding mag. I would say they’re somewhere around the same speed, or mag is slightly faster.

11. Props on the creativity but this deck looks like nothing but over whelming power followed by deck clean up. Its to vunerable to deck/hand manipulation and cards that can easily drop pokemon before they get up in power. I fell it can work in small fields but in the big fields it will get squashed. Good luck if you try it but don't expect a great deal.

12. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

@Prize_Card: You can attack every turn once you have a VireX active because Pulse Barrier is only LC. Plus if you don't draw an energy you should always have an extra Vire on the bench waiting to attack so you just use Warp Point.

@OHKOer: While it would be great if people would play stadiums or tools, you can still use Pulse Barrier if they don't. You still get the 50 damage just not the extra effect. And I don't know how you could say Mag is faster...Motor Drive can be used while active and it doesn't need a stage 2 on the bench to use it, and Vire is averaging 80 damage every turn.

@FireFighter: It is supposed to be a really strong fast deck. You obviously lose attrition wars in the end game against most decks, but it shouldn't really get to that point. You can easily overwhelm them before they can get set up, and that's how you have to win in this format anyways.

13. OHKOer

OHKOer New Member

Everyone has their way of playing mag, but for me- I don’t reply on fire starter to get me started. Mag too can average +80 dmgs per turn.

I usually use pach/corsola to set up my benches. T2- evo delcatty (energy draw), evo magmortar(attach eng), pach/corsola for another magmar or so. T3- by now pach/ corsola is ko’ed ( if not,I continues for better set up), magmar to active, evo active magmar (attach scramble eng), blaziken is ready by now (firestarter to bench magmortar- now with 2 eng attached)…etc. play vary depends on situation.

Typical play and very common set up. I make sure that I pull this off at the greatest percentage as possible with the help of my trainer line. My strategy is to always stay 1 prizes behind, use scramble to its full potential and spread the damages. And go for the ko when I feel I need to.

Okay, after many hours of mentally testing your deck against mine with best scenario on both decks (but realistically). I’ll have to admit, its slightly faster than mag in term of potentially delivering huge damages, that’s if everything goes in your favour. Like: another electivire by your turn 3 and if you previously or play felicity’s draw AND delcatty energy draw by T3- to fully charge your electivire after ko’ed my pach/corsola on your T2( you need 1/3 with PP or 2/3). Even with that, on your T3, you’re up against my magmortar with potentially 1 eng and scramble attached, you need to flip 2/3 plus PP or 3/3 to ohko it. Again, on your T4 your up against yet another magmortar (maybe lv.x) with scramble. You need to flip 2/3 to ohko if u got vire lv.x on your T3 ( before I attached the scramble) and 3/3 if u don‘t.

As you can see, it’s tough for you to ohko my mag every time I send in a new one. You will need to average 2/3 flip or greater. Chances are you won’t be so lucky with flip every time and PP in hand when u need them.

So, my final verdicts- vire are slightly faster than mag, but mag are more consistent.

( I don’t know if the play by play makes any sense to you)

14. Ra2xse

Ra2xse New Member

How this wins GG? Galllade OHKO everythiong here wiht only 1-2 Prizes.... OMG how many times you have tested against GG?

15. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

Yo mitch, play me on redshark I'll use my gg that I won states with, then will get a proper match up! :thumb:

16. HBK HaVoC

HBK HaVoC New Member

The only thing I would sudjest would be to play Crystal Beach. It Looks Good.Try it out. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.