Vireiss

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Xicious, Oct 4, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xicious

Xicious New Member

Need this list tuned up. I got the basic principles but need some fine tuning.
    22 Pokes
    3-3-3-1x Elekid(dp)Electabuzz(DF)Electivire/LV.X
    2-3-3x Blissey
    2-2 Raichu (MT)tech

3 Super Scoop Up
    3 TV Reporter
    3 Mentor
    3 Castaway
    3 Celio's
    2 Strength Charm
    3 Windstorm
    2 Drakes Stadium
    2 Warp Point

NRG
    4 Boost
    3 Holon FF
    5 Electric
    2 Fire

The basic strat here is blissey. This card is hot right now keep popping NRG on it and swing for big beats. If it's about to get KO'ed move those NRG over to your benched Electivire thanks to his power. Boost comes out of nowhere to knock for big beats. Mentor should set up draw power and a chansey. SSU if to grab back a wounded Blissey and Warp is to switch out your Pokes.

XIC

2. zovan

zovan New Member

Fire energy???

3. Xicious

Xicious New Member

For Holon FF to take off the weakness. Were you questioning the amount? I figure w/ Castaways to search it out and Blissey to bring them back from the Discard just in case. 2 Would be enough. Maybe I should at least match them w/ the number of Holon FF.

4. Havoc

Havoc New Member

I don't see the point of running more than 2 FF's if you're going with BlissVire. Add in some more lightning. Also, take out Happiny, you don't need it AT ALL(dont argue). It only makes things slower, and baby evolution can easily be turned off. There's no point to SSU or Raichu as well, they simply hog up space and tend to be useless late game. Raichu is a good card, but I'd drop Blissey if you want it that way, running all three is too much for the deck to be quick enough to stand a chance. SSU is not needed either, what's the point? Blissey gives Electivire energy, Electivire attacks, and repeat. SSU would be nice if you ran Blissey and Feraligatr MT. Here's a good list:

Blissey x4
    Chansey x4
    Electivire x3
    Electabuzzx3
    Elekid x3
    Electivire X x1

Total: 18

Mentor x4
    Celio's x4
    Castaway x4
    Strength Charm x2
    Steven's x2
    Warp Point x2
    Plus Power x4
    TVR x3

Total: 25

Boost x3
    Lightning x7
    Holon FF x3
    Fire x4

Total: 17

It's not PERFECT, but its a MAJOR improvement. You have more consistent draw here and an easier way to access discarded energy early game. Depends what's played in your area though. I figure the FF's are somewhat useful with Electivire, but meh. I'd also consider switching the draw to something like Copycat or Prof. Rowan if you feel your hand is somewhat chunky. Mentor is always a good setup card and easy to access with Castaway if needed.

5. Xicious

Xicious New Member

Alright, thanks for the advice. Here's an updated list

Blissey x4
    Chansey x4
    Electivire x3
    Electabuzzx3
    Elekid x3
    Electivire X x1

Mentor x3
    Celio's x3
    Castaway x3
    Strength Charm x2
    Steven's x2
    Warp Point x2
    Plus Power x3
    TVR x3
    Copycat 2x
    Time Space Distortion 2x or night maint.
    Mysterious Shard 2

Total: 27

Boost x3
    Lightning x6
    Holon FF x3
    Fire x3

Total: 15

6. Hawk Nelson

Hawk Nelson New Member

Dont play Holon FF and Fire, the idea of being able to stop the "+30 damage" is just NOT worth it. You are taking away from consistancy and speed in order to save your blissey 30 damage, its just not worth it. You Really need the Electric in here.

Mysterious shard is the one against EX's right? Why are you playing it? What threatening ex's do you have to worry about?

7. finalstain

finalstain New Member

8. Xicious

Xicious New Member

R-gon is really popular around here, hence the shards. Holon doesn't take away from speed. Nrg is nrg to blissey and granted it's not the same for Electivire the number of electric in the deck is good enough to suit him. Plus I can always take away the double weakness on Lv.x and the reg weakness on Ele if necessary. Here's a speedier list.

Blissey x4
    Chansey x4
    Electivire x3
    Electabuzzx3
    Elekid x3
    Electivire X x1
    Magneton PK 1-1

Mentor x3
    Celio's x3
    Castaway x3
    Strength Charm x2
    Steven's x2
    Warp Point x2
    Plus Power x3
    TVR x3
    Copycat 2x

Total: 27

Boost x3
    Lightning x8
    Holon FF x3
    Fire x3

Total: 17

9. finalstain

finalstain New Member

Not sure if you want Plus Powers here... theres not many Pokemon that a 120 blast cant handle... in fact the only played one I can think of is Machamp.

10. Ikari

Ikari New Member

Ummmm Torterra? :biggrin:

Blissey maybe needs to KO something too... then the 120 Vire...

11. Xicious

Xicious New Member

PP isn't necessary. I've been debating it but apparently this is a speed deck though I think this deck works better as a tank, it doesn't necessarily move fast but it'll wreck your face...much like Chuck Norris except for that whole not moving fast thing...But the whole face wrecking thing oh yeah.

Blissey x4
    Chansey x4
    Electivire x3
    Electabuzzx3
    Elekid x3
    Electivire X x1

Mentor x3
    Celio's Network x3
    Castaway x3
    Strength Charm x2
    Mysterious Shard x1
    Steven's x2
    Warp Point x3
    TVR x3
    Copycat 2x
    Plus Power 3x

Boost x3
    Lightning x8
    Holon FF x3
    Fire x3

12. fchangus2

fchangus2 New Member

IMO, even with 3 warp points, you still want to throw in some windstorms, there will be times when warp is not the play and you want to get rid of that CC.

13. Xicious

Xicious New Member

Minor Change?

Blissey x4
    Chansey x4
    Electivire x3
    Electabuzzx3
    Elekid x3
    Electivire X x1

Mentor x3
    Celio's Network x3
    Castaway x3
    Strength Charm x2
    Mysterious Shard x1
    Steven's x2
    Warp Point x3
    TVR x3
    Copycat 2x
    Windstorm 3x

Boost x3
    Lightning x8
    Holon FF x3
    Fire x3

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  14. Ikari

Ikari New Member

Error: You have the same hand, just shuffle cards that dont interest you, and draw that many cards... you lose TGW, you stuck with 3 cards.

15. Xicious

Xicious New Member

Hah, thanks. Man I feel stupid... I was thinking you drew to the amount of NRG...That'd be too good.

16. millionkp

millionkp New Member

why not Night Maintenance?

17. gallade

gallade New Member

my friend plays this deck and does ONOT use happiney, whats the point, blisseys power is nice but from expiereince i won the ones were he used happaney and he won the ones without

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.