5196 Fairfield Shopping Center
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
(757) 467-2254
Registration opens at 9:30

December 7 New CC venue!!
Midlothian, VA (Battle City Games)
11031 Hull Street Rd
Midlothian, VA 23112
Store is in the Victorian Square Shopping Center between Anna's Pizza and Saigon Gourmet. They still have the former occupant's sign in the storefront--"Gamez, Sportz and Racing"
Preregister at (804) 276-7529

December 27
Warrenton, VA (Hobbies, etc.)
251 W. Lee Highway, Suite 699
Warrenton, VA 20186
(540) 347-9212
Please bring a folding chair--we'll probably need it!!

January 10
Woodbridge, VA (Game Parlor)
14400 Smoketown Rd
Woodbridge, VA
(703) 551-4200
Registration opens at 10:00 AM (store opening time)

January 11
Fairfax, VA (Hobby Works)
9650 Main St. (Fair City Mall)
Fairfax, VA 22031
(703) 426-8600
Registration opens at 11:30 in the mall area.
Preregister at (703) 426-8600 with your name and POP ID

Please bring a folding chair--we might need it!!

This just in:
In addition to usual door prize fun spread out across all CCs, at the final CC (Fairfax) I will give away an item I got last summer and have been holding from you guys till now. A brand new full size 3 ring binder from Japan featuring Heatran and Regigigas. Comes with the Japanese card sheets (they're WAY nicer than the Ultra Pro ones here) and a sheet sized for coin and damage marker storage. It's still in its minty fresh original wrapping.

Also, PUI will be sending us some very nice door prizes for these events as well!! The pokeball playmats?? Yup, we got em!! Dave and Co are sending some very nice items just for you guys!!!!!

All events are (of course) free events, with modified or age-separated Swiss pairings, depending on total attendance. Top cuts will be a max of 8 per age group, again depending on attendance. Expect a very short lunch break (pack a sammich!) except in Fairfax, where there will be NO break. Prizes will be (in each age category) 18 packs for 1st/10 for 2nd/4 for 3rd/4 for 4th. 1st Place will also receive the shiny item--the 2008-2009 City Champion Medal. All players will receive the 2008-2009 CC stamped promo card (while supplies last).

With 40 min rounds plus top cuts, I expect these to be full day affairs. Please arrive promptly with a deck list ready to go. We will strictly enforce R 1 losses for unprepared players in order to get these events going on time.

Last edited:
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! I wish there where some earlier in the season, but it looks like I can make it to a bunch. (I got first post.:thumb:)

do u know what times they will be because i need to write down which ones i can go to but im definitely going to the fairfax one

all I can tell you at the moment is "early". These will start MUCH earlier than prereleases or past year's CCs... (or you can do what Helen does and go onto the tournament locator!!)

Should be able to make it to Woodbridge and Fairfax (Depending on the date.). Unfortunately, I'll be on vacation on the 26th. :frown: Have to wait and see about any others.

Where on earth did you hear that?? Not from me; not from anyone with POP. CCs have ALWAYS run into January.
OKAY I'M SORRY:frown::frown::frown::frown: *Goes into room and cries.*

all I can tell you at the moment is "early". These will start MUCH earlier than prereleases or past year's CCs... (or you can do what Helen does and go onto the tournament locator!!)
Doesn't everyone go on the tournament locator? People really have issues.:lol: Just kidding.

Should be able to make it to Woodbridge and Fairfax (Depending on the date.). Unfortunately, I'll be on vacation on the 26th. :frown: Have to wait and see about any others.

I'll see you there.:smile:

There are some in January, but as I think about it, I thought the cut off was the 1st.

I know that, I was just making fun of Totoro's typo.

I should be at Fairfax, Warrenton, and Woodbridge. At least as long as Fairfax and Rockville don't conflict again.:frown:

Tanner and/or Helen. Are either of you going to VA beach, or Midlothian? If so, would you be willing to give me a ride to one or both of them? I am willing to help pay for gas and could probably meet you in like Fairfax or something.
I can't make it to either of those tournaments by myself and you two are the only ones my parents would let me go with.
LMK thnX.

Wait, so no CC @ Richmond Comix this year?

Snap, I don't end my semester until the 9th! That's utterly annoying. I don't know if I'll be able to make any of these. :(

RC and Battle City Games are both in the "Midlothian" post office, so both couldn't do a CC. BC games can hold more people, the owner plays Pokémon, the store manager plays Pokémon, both are huge supporters, they are agreeing to open early and stay late, etc.

So... the other locations (other than Battle City Games) are starting when their stores open?
circa ...11:00 a.m. ?

(or... are you still trying to negotiate earlier times?)

A few points:
•We are working with store owners to open early/stay late for these events. Most smaller mom/pop type venues are willing to do this for us. Larger "chain" venues have a harder time bending their rules (salary and liability issues, I would expect) but we are working on this. Fairfax doesn't open until noon on Sundays but we are looking into the possiblity of registering in the mall area prior to store opening.

•Players can do a LOT to speed up registration. Understand that we MUST get these events going ASAP, so please if at all possible have your list filled out before you arrive. Check your own sleeves--you know what my judges will accept and what they won't accept. We will have new players at these events, they should be the ones taking up registration time (illegal decks, no completed decklist, bad sleeves, etc.) If you are reading this, you know exactly what do to do beforehand. (If you're a last minute decider, fill out 2 lists and have both decks ready! Easy, huh?)

•Players who arrive late as registration is shutting down WILL receive a round 1 GL. I will not hold the tournament up for you regardless of how much I like you, what it'll do to your ranking, your rough night, car trouble, traffic etc. Be in the store when registration begins!!!

Last edited:
Does anyone have any official word on the Dusknoir prerelease sleeves? Are they opaque enough for Japanese cards?

Back