Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Virginia's 6 2009-2010 City Championship Events Photo Link at end of thread!

totoro

Ladies and Gentlemen:
Here are your 6 Virginia CC Events:

December 5 Warrenton
Hobbies, etc.
251 W. Lee Highway, Suite 699
Warrenton, VA 20186
Deck Checks begin at 9:30, those not in line by 10:15 may be subject to penalty

December 13 Midlothian
Battle City Games (Victorian Square Shopping Center)
11031 Hull Street Rd
Midlothian, VA 23112
Deck Checks begn at 9:30, those not in line by 10:15 may be subject to penalty
**Store space is filling up fast, so please call (804) 276-PLAY and let them know that you plan on comin' to PLAY!

December 27 Virginia Beach
Comic Kings
5196 Fairfield Shopping Center
Virginia Beach, VA 23464

Janurary 2 Staunton (new location!)
The Dragon's Hoard
15-17 East Johnson St.
Staunton, VA 24401
(Park in nearby deck--free on weekends)
Deck Checks begn at 12:00 noon, those not in line by 12:30 may be subject to penalty

January 9 Fairfax
Hobby Works
9650 Main St.
Fairfax, VA 22031
Deck Checks begin at 9:00--likely in mall area, those not in line by 10:00 may be subject to penalty
Fairfax WILL require preregistration so Shadow Card can get enough tables!! :biggrin: (80 Last year; gotta beat it!!)
http://sites.google.com/site/virginiapokemon/preregistration
Wait List has begun until chair count is verified. Trust me, we will squeeze as many of you in as possible, so please continue to preregister!!

January 10 Stafford (new location!) rescheduled due to snow on 12/20!
Character Vaults
397 Garrisonville Rd, Suite 101 (not same as Autumn BR!)
Stafford, VA 22554

Door Prizes will include both US and JPN poke-items!!!
... and, yes, Virginia, there will be Arceus drafts during top cuts at several of these events!!

Last edited:
I'll make it a point to get to Warrenton at the very least but most likely I'll be at Fairfax and maybe one or two more.

Would it ever be possible for you to hold some tourneys in MD? IDK if the ardvarks are doing anything, but as it stands we have a grand total of 1CC...

I will try to make most of these (it looks like 5 right now with warrenton being out of the question)

Having these at the end of the semester makes me :smile:

Argh, these are all akward for me. I'll see what I can do...

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Argh, these are all awkward for me to attend, even though I'm close to VA Beach its so close to Christmas and Christmas Day I'll in be in NY...I'm going to try and make these so I have SOME premier games on my 09-10 record, as I've yet to be able to attend one.

Last edited:
A couple of these conflict with my schedule, but I figure I'll be at two or three.

Would it ever be possible for you to hold some tourneys in MD? IDK if the ardvarks are doing anything, but as it stands we have a grand total of 1CC...

This is the Virginia thread.

I know. I love your tourneys, they're over all far better than the MD ones. I think it would be awesome if you host 1 or 2 in MD, or at least just a little closer.

As for us coming to some of these... idk. They're kind of early. :/

DP: He is PTO of VA, I doubt he has any control over MD. You say closer? Fairfax is as close as you can get.

I gather he's asking about me going closer to his house?? No, I'm not going to cross the border. There are still too many unserved areas in Virginia (Roanoke/Lynchburg/Charlottesville, etc) that don't get Premier Events. With limited events (you do understand that I just can't go "I'll do 14 CC's", right?) my priority is logically areas relatively close to my home (not DP's) that merit a CC.

As for us coming to some of these... idk. They're kind of early. :/
January 9th is early? :confused: It's like the second to last day possible.
DarthPika, if you want more events in Maryland, you need to start them. League is a good way to do that :thumb:

you do understand that I just can't go "I'll do 14 CC's", right?
We should totally do 14 CCs in some grand Virginia Marathon! :cool: :lol:

I would LOVE that but it would require some of my VA TO colleagues to run enough tourneys to qualify to run CCs. Welcome to my first goal for next year's season--the VA/MD marathon!! (Heck, we could even pull Dorian in on this and include DE/Eastern PA) But, in order for that, I need
•more VA TOs
•VA TOs who regularly run local sanctioned tourneys

Yeah, it COULD happen!

January 9th is early? :confused: It's like the second to last day possible.
DarthPika, if you want more events in Maryland, you need to start them. League is a good way to do that :thumb:

I meant start times.

Tim... starting my own tourneys defeats my own goal... to play in them. :tongue:

I meant start times.

Tim... starting my own tourneys defeats my own goal... to play in them. :tongue:

Then stop complaining every year.
If you gave up MD CC's for 1 year to start some where you live, I bet that the next year, more would be formed by other people and the game would spread because of that one year's sacrifice.

DP, sorry to have to make you wake up and lose some beauty sleep. Remember, I have to wake up early, too!
:thumb:

Essentially, the options are:
Open a store a early and end by closing time. (most mom and pop shops are NOT open late)
OR
Ask a store owner to stay open past his/her normal closing time.

EVERY store owner that I spoke with chose the "open early" option except our new venue in Staunton. He's open late anyway. After I'd sanctioned, he let me know that he'd be willing to open early for us, but by then I decided that having one "sleep in" venue would work. But, you can't please all of the people all of the time, and you can never please DP, I guess...

Back