Virginia's Black & White Prereleases

Discussion in 'Prerelease Tournaments' started by totoro, Mar 28, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
  1. totoro

totoro Active Member

Having trouble telling you Snivy from your Tepig?? We've got help right here at Virginia's Black & White Prereleases--kicking off on a Friday night!!

Dates:
    Friday, April 22: Midlothian (Viper-Oh's Hobby Shop)
    Address: Victorian Square Shopping Center, 11031 Hull Street Rd, Midlothian, 23112 (between Anna's Pizza and Saigon Gourmet--look for Empoleon in the window!)
    Registration time: 5:45-6:30 PM

Saturday, April 23: Fairfax (Hobby Works)
    Online Preregistration-Players should visit the Virginia Pokémon website and fill out the online registration and guarantee a spot.
    Address: 9650 Main St, Fairfax, 22031
    Preregistered players should arrive for flight 1 at 11:00
    Preregistered players should arrive for flight 2 at 3:15
    These events are BIG, so please preregister to avoid disppointment!! Due to time constraints at this venue, there will be no lunch breaks!

Saturday, April 30: Warrenton (Hobbies, Etc)
    Preregistration not required
    Address: 251 W. Lee Highway, Suite 699 , Warrenton, 20186
    Registration time: 11 AM—11:30 AM

Sunday, May 1: Virginia Beach (Comic Kings)
    Preregistration is not required.
    Address: 4404 Holland Plaza Shopping Center, Virginia Beach, 23452
    Registration time: 11 AM—11:30 AM

Entry fee for all prereleases remains at $25.00 (includes VA sales tax)
    Due to the early release of B & W Theme Decks, there will be NO Theme Deck Challenges for the Black & White prereleases.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  2. Rogue Archetype

Rogue Archetype Moderator <br> Contest Host

Rockin' the Friday prerelease again eh?

Cool. That's a family member's birthday, so we prob. can't get to that one, but I'll see what's up with the other 3.

We want to really get in on this set because it's the historical introduction of the NEW Pokemon.

My leaguers look forward to Midlo, but on a Friday night ... :/

Thanks for the head's up info though man. I was waiting for this :)

3. PokeMedic

PokeMedic New Member

I will bring the masses of the Jefferson Gym to Warrenton to experience the new generation of Pokemon play.

With help.

4. totoro

totoro Active Member

Couldn't be helped, RA. Pokemon on Easter Sunday just wouldn't do.

5. WavestripeMcKe

WavestripeMcKe New Member

I hope I can make it! May 1st is my friends b-day

6. totoro

totoro Active Member

Bring them!! B & W packs make great presents!! :biggrin:

7. WavestripeMcKe

No not like that XD She doesn't like pokemon unfortunately. We just read the same book series and same personalities

8. mollymotesnotbanned

mollymotesnotbanned New Member

I'll be at the friday and the sunday one

9. ShadowCard

ShadowCard Active Member

Perhaps, teach her how to play and pay for her. Then, when she finishes, she gives you the cards. Later on, maybe she'll get into it...

10. WavestripeMcKe

Nah, I really don't think she would. She likes tranformers though but, maybe bleh

11. ShadowCard

ShadowCard Active Member

She likes Transformers as in the more recent movies, or she likes Transformers as in she knows how Rampage described Depth Charge's friends who were at Starbase Rugby?

12. totoro

totoro Active Member

On topic, please folks. Please use PMs for stuff not related to the general topic at hand. TUVM!

13. WavestripeMcKe

This set is going to be awesome! I hope I can pull the zekrom SR :biggrin:

14. totoro

totoro Active Member

Been seeing a lot of info out now that the BW theme decks and tins are out. I suggest that all players keep whatever BW cards they've received at home until 4/25. You won't be able to use them at tournies until that date, so don't risk an illegal deck penalty!

15. mollymotesnotbanned

how are you going to stop this? Person a brings cards from another tournament that he went to and goes to bath room and switches cards with his cards he pulled out of the other 6 packs he just got for the tournament...or are we to record what we got...Cause with this many tournaments one could be sure to cheat and have a premade deck..I know we wouldn't want that and would like everyone to be honest...just saying.

16. Lucario EX

Lucario EX Moderator<br>Fanfic Contest Host

That's why there aren't any prizes for winning prereleases anymore. Sure, someone could cheat, but why?

17. mollymotesnotbanned

Oh wait they dont give away booster packs or anything anymore?

18. totoro

totoro Active Member

ALL participants receive 2 additional packs at the conclusion of their rounds. Been that way since I've been doing prereleases (ex Delta Species was my first set)
    And prereleases do NOT count toward premier ratings.
    But, if you (not, "you" Rodney, just a generic "you") are caught cheating, it is going to be reported to TCPi and could very well result in some action on their part, up to and possibly including, a ban..

19. The King Of Magikarps

The King Of Magikarps Active Member

Can't wait for tomarrow :)

20. totoro

totoro Active Member

^^^^ Is this one of the new pokémon??? As for me, I can't wait for tomorrow!! :biggrin: