4 Master Ball (search)
3 Plus Power (enable)
4 Tv Reporter (draw)
4 Quick Ball (search)

ENERGY (15):

12 Psychic Energy
3 Cyclone Energy

MAIN IDEA:

The return of his masters voice. This deck is rather similar to the version used in the Rocket Returns format. The main idea is to start with Banette and allow the other side to kill the first after one Ghost Head in case the deck was unable to discard another Banette turn two. At that time there should be a second one on the bench in addition to Slowking. The latter one is the trumph card of this deck which enables a continuous and consistent offense with Banette. The second Banette should now be able to net another defeat.

COMMENTS:

The deck is ridiculous fast but has issues with turn two tanks. The benefit is that at the moment there is not much that resists psychic other than metal and there is a considerable weakness to it out at the moment. Beside that this seems to be one of the view deck able to dish out a stable 80 damage turn two. With this built it seems that Banette can be made consistent with faster than most current decks.

Would have liked Windstorm in the deck to counter Cessation but space was rare and it seems that a lot of deck abuse Poké-Powers and Poké-Bodies at the moment. nevertheless some are able to run Cessation and hints on how to ensure a stable Banette assault while still having Windstorms at my disposal would be appreciated. Thanks for all the assistance and comments in advance.

SPOILERS:

Slowpoke L.10
Basic Water Pokémon
Hit Points: 60
[C] Rest
Remove all special conditions and 3 damage counters from Slowpoke. After that, Slowpoke is asleep.
[W] Foolishness: 20
Slowpoke can’t attack during your next turn.
Retreat Cost: CC
Weakness: L (+10)

Slowking L.41
Stage one Psychic Pokémon
Hit Points: 80
Poké-Power: Trumph Card
Poke-Power: Trump Card
This Power can be used once during your turn, if any of your Pokémon were knocked out during your opponent’s last turn. Search your deck for one card and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. This Power can’t be used if this Pokémon is affected by a special condition.
[PC] Psych Up: 30
If Slowking uses this attack during your next turn, the base damage is 60 instead of 30.
Weakness: P (+20)

Last edited:
Hi KingGengar,

Would like to test it in an online match. The idea stroke me when I read the spoilers entirely during the construction of a DP4 Apprentice Patch. On paper it feels almost identical to the previous Voodoo Child decks. Let me know how your tests turned out. Thanks for the assistance in advance.

i love, it, and I know i do cuz i build it before sw came out. i love how you can do so much on t2 and maybe even live to do it again maybe add potion for masterball?

Hi Lordofflareons,

Thanks for the review. Banette is an awesome card but he needs an assistance line which enables him to function in a constant manner. The card which makes Banette real good is the new Slowking from DP4.

Nidoqueen d would be another option but it takes too much deck slots and is a little too slow for me. Without Slowking Voodoo Child would be much less stable and consistent. Master Ball is nice but Quick Ball seems more attractive. One can search out most basics with mentor. Thus the deck should be thin enough to make Quick Ball more effective compared to Master Ball. Let me know what you think about it.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Hi folks,

Know that some of the cards are not available in the united states thus far but would be interested in hints whether the deck would have a chance to do well in the current format as well as the one which could follow. The health is low but the deck is rather fast and could be disruptive.

Last edited:
Hi folks,

After some test runs the version below seems to be somehow more stable.

VOODOO CHILD

POKEMON (12):

2 Slowpoke L.10 (evolution)
2 Slowking L.41 (searchers)
4 Banette L.42 (beatdown)
4 Shuppet L.13 (evolution)

TRAINER (33):

3 Team Galactic’s Wager (disable)
3 Time Space Distortion (enable)
3 Energy Removal 2 (disable)
3 Crystal Beach (disable)
3 Holon Mentor (search)
4 Suzy’s Lottery (draw)
3 Plus Power (enable)
4 Tv Reporter (draw)
4 Quick Ball (draw)
3 Great Ball (draw)

ENERGY (15):

15 Psychic Energy

MAIN IDEA:

The return of his masters voice. This deck is rather similar to the version used in the Rocket Returns format. The main idea is to start with Banette and use Ghost Head for a turn two knock out on several basics. Allow the other side to knock out the current active Banette on their second turn. At that time there should be a second one on the bench in addition to Slowking. The latter one is the trumph card of this deck which enables a continuous and consistent offense with Banette. Continue to cycle from that turn on and switch between Ghost Head and the second vengance move. The stadium and removal cards should suffice to slow the other side down somehow.

SPOILERS:

Slowpoke L.10
Basic Water Pokémon
Hit Points: 60
[C] Rest
Remove all special conditions and 3 damage counters from Slowpoke. After that, Slowpoke is asleep.
[W] Foolishness: 20
Slowpoke can’t attack during your next turn.
Weakness: L (+10)

Slowking L.41
Stage one Psychic Pokémon
Hit Points: 80
Poke-Power: Trump Card
This Power can be used once during your turn, if any of your Pokémon were knocked out during your opponent’s last turn. Search your deck for one card and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. This Power can’t be used if this Pokémon is affected by a special condition.
[PC] Psych Up: 30
If Slowking uses this attack during your next turn, the base damage is 60 instead of 30.
Weakness: P (+20)

Last edited:
Great Idea,I like it 9/10

Add in Battle Frontier,Blissey and Delcatty are being used alot more than last season.

Hi ~`Flygon`~,

Thanks for the review. Delcatty became more and more uncommon over here. Would rather like disable Boosts and double rainbow than Delcatty since those are more common. Battle Frontier would be nice to cover the darkness weakness somehow but it buys me no more than one turn in general which is quite little in a combat between two speedier decks. Let me know what you think about this idea.

Great idea at a first run through.

Agree that Queen will slow the deck down.

not much suggestions here, but I would like pluspowers over strength charm as its stackable and since you don't run any castaways.

I also like the name Ban-King, fits inside the idea of constantly d'epositing' your banettes back into the deck and 'withdrawing' them with Slowking

Hi Ky00ber the III,

Thanks for the review. Slowking is indeed much more efficient. Like the Plus Power idea and will alter the deck accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back