WA State 2nd Annual Nelson Psychic Gym!

Discussion in 'Local Tournaments' started by Psyducky, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Psyducky

Psyducky New Member

:psychic:It's back! All you psychics KNEW it was coming!:psychic:

2nd Annual Nelson Psychic Gym

The details:

Date: Sunday, October 21
    Nelson Gym Location: 1517 12th Street NE, Auburn, WA 98002
    Time: 2PM - 6PM
    Cost: $2
    Additional: Bring a potluck dish to share.

The IMPORTANT details:

1) 60 card constructed deck.
    2) All Pokemon in your deck must be Psychic Pokemon. (They may be dual type, as long as one of the types is Psychic.)
    3) The format is Unlimited, including Wizards of the Coast cards.

Trophies will be awarded to the top player in each of the age categories: Junior, Senior and Masters. Door Prizes will be randomly given away throughout the tournament.

This is an UNSANCTIONED tournament.

2. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

Oh make me dig through my old unlimited stuff NOW...

I just figured out an awesome deck for this.

3. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

Damage Swap...Sloking...Dark Gengar......Gardevior.......Mew.......Sabrinas Pokemon......

Mewtwo.........Hypno.......Lugia.....what a choice of psychic pokemon....What do you suggest??

Unlimited.......super fun.....

4. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

You'll find out after I win with them =D

5. ilikegengar

ilikegengar New Member

Oooh, this sounds like such fun! You'd never guess which psychic pokemon I'd put in a deck. :wink:

I'd love to host such an event down here but our large load of junior players can barely put together a deck for league, no less make up a special deck for a tournament such as yours. Guess I'll just have to travel north. .. . .

Hey Psyducky, how about an over 30 age group? I might make top 16 in that one. :tongue:

6. Psyducky

Psyducky New Member

3 age groups is all the entry fee will buy trophies for! Sorry. Wish you lived closer!

7. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

Maybe it's not so much a particular pokemon.

Anyway, I need a couple rulings before I start building.

Do the new cards that stop pokebodies or poke powers stop the old pokemon powers as well?

Do we play the japanese translation of neo genesis slowking or do we play it as written?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  8. pokeMATHter

pokeMATHter Active Member

We will be playing with the Japanese Translation: Slowking's power only works if it is active.

From the Compendium EX regarding Pokemon Powers:

Q. Something that affects Pokémon Powers in general, affects both "Poké-Powers" and "Poké-Bodies", right? So also, does something that affects both "Poké-Bodies" and "Poké-Powers" affect older style "Pokémon Powers" too?
    A. Pokémon Powers are the general term for Poké-Bodies & Poké-Powers. Older cards that reference Pokémon Powers include both 'Bodies and 'Powers. Newer cards that affect both 'Powers AND 'Bodies affect older "Pokémon Powers" (as if "Pokémon Powers" read "Poké-Powers & Poké-Bodies"). (Oct 16, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

9. Kenshin's Garde

Kenshin's Garde New Member

ugh, the Tyler lock.dec is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i <3 u gengafett!

10. psychicmaniac

psychicmaniac New Member

Hey, can we use fossils?

(Sorry, had to do it!)

11. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

If you run that, you've already lost tyler =\

12. puyallup_phantom

puyallup_phantom New Member

If I remember correctly, the delta Omanyte and Omastar (In Holon Phantom I think) were Psychic, so they would technically be legal for this.

13. Team_Rocket_Prodigy

Team_Rocket_Prodigy New Member

Dudes, what happened today?

14. ugh i lost i suck maimakmgadfmga;lfgmadfg

15. Psyducky

Psyducky New Member

We had 19 players and 7 supporters. And the winners of the 2nd Annual Nelson Psychic Gym are...

:psychic:Masters Champion: Levi C. (very close seconds Paul J. and Chris B.)

:psychic:Senior Champion: David C. (undefeated!)

:psychic:Junior Champion: Quinn W. (undefeated in age bracket!)

Thanks to everyone who came! The potluck was great. :thumb:

16. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

What Decks were played????????

17. pokeMATHter

pokeMATHter Active Member

Flygon EX, Dark Slowking, Lillypad Mew, and Mr. Mime all were popular. I don't know exactly what the winners were playing.

Our next tournament will be Tri-Athalon Tournament mid to late March (after States): DS Diamond & Pearl Game, Trading Card Game and Trading Figure Game.

Nothing official yet, but we are leaning towards using Battle Revolution/Battle Tower, so your pokemon will be reduced to Level 50 for the DS portion, TCG may be 30 card modified GREEN pokemon only (since it might be around St. Paddy's day.) and 6 figure teams for the TFG (although we are going to have to figure out how long each match lasts.) If you have any suggestions, please pass them on!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  18. puyallup_phantom

puyallup_phantom New Member

If you are using Revolution itself, the Pokemon could be any level, and the game will force them up or down to 50 (if not, then I guess everyone else will be out of luck). Also, need to know if this would be a single or double battle...

Based on this information though...COUNT ME IN!!!

19. HoennAsh

HoennAsh New Member

Sounds like a lot of FUN!!!!! Can't wait for this if it actually happens.

20. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

thanks Dave for some of the decks used.....