Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

WA State Pokemon Triathlon

Psyducky

Join Us For pokeMATHter’s First Annual​
March Mathness Pokémon Triathlon​

The most fun you can have with Pokémon—three tournaments in one! It’s the first ever Pokémon Triathlon and it’s time to prove you are the best All-Around Pokémon Trainer.

Date: Saturday, March 29

Place: Nelson House, 1517 12th St NE, Auburn, WA 98002

Time: Registration starts at 1:30, tournament starts at 2:30. Tournament will end around 9PM.

Admission: $[square root of 9] per player and a potluck item per family (Admission pays for the trophies and door prizes.)

The Details​

Round 1: Pokémon Trading Card Game Event. Bring a 40 card deck that has only grass type Pokémon and is in the modified format. (4 Prizes) See www.go-pokemon.com for information on building a modified deck.

Round 2: Pokémon Battle Revolution Video Game Event. Bring a team of 5 different Pokémon in your Pokémon Diamond or Pokémon Pearl. We will battle two on two. No duplicate Pokémon. Can only use 1 Legendary. Don’t even think about using Game-Sharked Pokemon! Shaymin, Darkrai, & Arceus are not allowed. Pokémon Revolution will change all Pokémon into level 50 Pokémon for the battles. (5 Pokémon)

Round 3: Pokémon Trading Figure Event. Bring a team of 6 figures and 3 trainer cards. No duplicate Pokémon. We will be playing the full version of the game. (6 Figures)

Players can sign up for one, two or all three events. Awards will be given for All-Around winners and First Place in each category. Players will only play within their age bracket (Junior, Senior and Masters). Each round will be made up of three Swiss matches.

Don’t live in the immediate area? Let us know ahead of time and we’ll put you up for the night!

This tournament is unsanctioned.​

4 prizes + a team of 5 + 6 trading figures = A whole lot of fun!

Contact David or Niki for more information: 253-833-5854 or [email protected]

Last edited:
What list are we consulting for the "Legendaries?" I'm figuring the list Oregon uses for their DS tournaments is the list that is going to be used, but would like some confirmation...

Sakuracon is the same weekend!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooh, tough choice. Our tournament or young women wandering around in those Anime Costumes...

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

What list are we consulting for the "Legendaries?" I'm figuring the list Oregon uses for their DS tournaments is the list that is going to be used, but would like some confirmation...

The Oregon list looks good. Do you have any suggested additions or deletions?

Last edited:
Well, here's the problem. Since con is the same weekend, it also means the following people aren't showing either. I'm just wondering how the turnout is going to be without these players.

Michael
Ross
Tyler
Paul
Henry
The Andersons
Greg

Well, here's the problem. Since con is the same weekend, it also means the following people aren't showing either. I'm just wondering how the turnout is going to be without these players.

Michael
Ross
Tyler
Paul
Henry
The Andersons
Greg

(In my memory, Ross has never made it to a Water or Psychic Gym at our house.:nonono:)

The rest will be missed, but our schedule doesn't allow us to change the weekend for this year. How many of the above listed play all three games? Maybe half, maybe fewer. This really is an event that covers cards, figures and the video games.

Maybe some newer players will benefit from Paul and Henry not being around...::tongue:

Wow! How to turn a new, probably fun event into a popularity contest. I know those who come will have a great time and that is pretty much all that counts. If those of you who cannot schedule a small amount of time out of your oh so busy lives, oh well!

uhhh....i have a couple questions.

we can use duplicate items right?
and....do we have 6 pokèmanz in our party and then choose 5 to use for that match? or do we just have 5 in our party from the beginning?

oh, and can we switch items/pokèmanz between matches?

edit: now that i have asked all of this, is there more than one match for the PBR?

uhhh....i have a couple questions.

we can use duplicate items right?
and....do we have 6 pokèmanz in our party and then choose 5 to use for that match? or do we just have 5 in our party from the beginning?

oh, and can we switch items/pokèmanz between matches?

edit: now that i have asked all of this, is there more than one match for the PBR?

You cannot use duplicate items.

You get to have 6 pokemon in your party and you choose 5 of them to use in the match.

You can swap items between the 6 pokemon in your party - but you cannot bring in new items. You must use the same 6 pokemon and the same 6 item for all three matches.

Everyone will play 3 matches of the video game, 3 matchs of the trading figure game and 3 matches of the trading card game.

I wish I could attend this triathlon but I will be at Sakuracon. I would have done all 3 events, well at least the trading card game and pokemon battle revolution events. I would need to buy the figures for the 3rd event. I'll attend this triathlon next year as long it doesn't conflict my schedule! For everyone attending, good luck and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember there is Pokemon at Sakura-con

On Saturday, March 29th there will be two Pokemon TCG events. At 9:00 am is the Unlimited 60 card constructed tournement. That is free (You still need to buy a badge for entry into Sakura-con) Then at noon is a 40 card sealed booster card event that is $20.00 for 6 packs.

On Saturday, March 29th there will be two Pokemon TCG events. At 9:00 am is the Unlimited 60 card constructed tournement. That is free (You still need to buy a badge for entry into Sakura-con) Then at noon is a 40 card sealed booster card event that is $20.00 for 6 packs.

Do you know if theres any prizes for either of those?

I'm not going to be able to make the triathlon because of Sakuracon to:(

Back