Wailord ex Deck (E-ON)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by League Leader Terry, Oct 5, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

Pokemon (20)
    2 Wailmer R&S
    2 Wailmer SS
    3 Wailord ex
    4 Makuhita 56
    2 Hariyama 33
    2 Skitty 70
    2 Skitty SS
    3 Delcatty 5

Trainers (22)
    2 Copycat
    2 Juggler
    3 Lanette's Net Search
    3 Wally's Training
    3 Energy Restore
    3 Moo-Moo Milk
    3 Potion
    3 Switch

Energy (18)
    12 Water
    6 Fighting

2. League Leader Terry

Hmm, would no replies mean the deck doesn't need any changes or am I being impatient? :)

3. Am Pm

Am Pm New Member

Definately impatient. Good deck, but I say less pokemon more trainer's.
    I dont know what these pokemon do so that's the most I can help you with.
    Good luck

4. dkates

dkates New Member

I'd say you're being a little impatient. I would say make all the Wailmer the R&S version. The SS version doesn't strike me as being very good. Also, I'd consider kicking out one of the Stage 1 lines for Basics. For this one, I'd probably say Hitmonchan ex, to cover your Weakness. Maybe put in 2 or 3 of it, using the remaining 2 or 3 spaces for Trainers.

5. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Make it 3-2 Hariyama or even 3-3. Use 3-3 Delcatty. Use the extra space for trainers and use Elm's Training Method over Wally's Training. You will want to evolve your bench more than evolving same turn as playing basic.

6. Am Pm

Am Pm New Member

Why not play pokebreeder. You can get Wailord out faster.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  7. dkates

dkates New Member

He can't -- not legal for E-on. Besides, no Stage 2. Although, Rare Candy is allowed.

8. Am Pm

Am Pm New Member

sorry. didn't know that you can't play pokebreeder. And didn't notice that there wasn't any 2 stage.

9. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

I think you are OK for trainers, at least the number of them. This format doesn't have enough good trainers to warrant playing much more.

When you play Wailord EX as the centerpiece of your deck you need to be concerned with both grass and electric (you could change one of them to a regular Wailord to help against grass). I really think grass should be a bigger concern for you because it is played a lot more. This would make me change the Hariyama to SS Growlithe/Arcanine which works particularly well in two color decks because of the way Arcanine's discard works (60 for 3 with a 50% chance of discarding one is a good deal). Arcanine is also perfect when you need to take care of SK Scizor and Growlithe is such a great starter when you really want to start building Wailmer on the bench. You would then change the fighting energy to fire. Growlithe/Arcanine's power are also perfect for putting up when you use Wailord EX's first attack to send him to the bench.

I would then take out one Growlithe and at least one Skitty and put in a couple of SS Dunsparce which can help you get the right basics out quickly. I loved it at the prerelease tournament when I could attack with Dunsparce and then put Growlithe or Cacnea up.

Final change would be to get some multi energy, you are not playing anything that would penalize using non-basic energy (but I think you should play at least one Town Volunteers).

-4 Makuhita 56
    -2 Hariyama 33
    -1 Skitty 70
    -1 Water
    -6 Fighting

+3 Growlithe
    +2 Arcanine
    +2 Dunsparce
    +1 Town Volunteers
    +4 Fire
    +2 Multi Energy

I had first thought about changing the Hariyama to some combination of Solrock and Lunatone (and Dunsparce). This would use the fact that Solrock can be both fire and fighting and therefore help you against both electric and grass. This may still work, but Solrock has grass weakness and may not be string enough against Scizor. It is also much easier to get the two rare Arcanines than 5 holos.

10. League Leader Terry

Ah, I didn't realize that Wally's was only for the Active. I'll need to get some Elm's Training Methods, and go with all R&S Wailmers.

mozartrules, I like your idea, too. And I actually have the Growlithe and Arcanine, too. The fact that I pulled 2 Multi Energy in a row today helps. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.