Wailord ex Fuss?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by LTEDDYBEAR, Dec 23, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. LTEDDYBEAR

LTEDDYBEAR New Member

When I was on here before it seemed like everybody was talking about Wailord ex. I have 2 of them and I don't see the need to talk about them.
    My question:

What's the big thing about Wailord ex?

2. penguin_master

penguin_master New Member

I don't know. Maybe because it has 200 HP?

3. Steven B

Steven B New Member

I think they big thing about Wailord ex is that he has 200 hp! ;)

4. lunatone_solrock

lunatone_solrock New Member

200HP but really bad attacks.

5. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

its a wall..

WALL

[/really big font] WALL!!!!

LOL

6. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Well, it breaks every rule we have ever known.

200HP most ever
    5 retreat tied for most ever
    2 Weaknesses tied for most ever

it has an attack for 100-.Which sounds decent -good til you read it. Then it isnt so hot. Still viable if used correctly, but overall not that viable for play. Though people like me are still trying......

7. Freddy K.

Freddy K. New Member

Not Viable?

Not that viable for play??? Quite a sweeping statement, naive some may say (myself first). I'd only rate it behind Amphy-EX and Gardevoir-EX, it beats everything else when played correctly. That is, with Kingdra-AQ, and Espeon (AQ). Correctly, in a 'I've-chosen-the-right-Trainers-to-suit-my-deck' way.

It's not perfect but I was about 90% there at one stage. Thoughts, NoPoke?

~fK

8. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Yeah, I was thinking of teaming with Kingdra 2, just not having cards for the deck right now (namely only 1 Wailord EX). The deck could be devilish if played right I agree, just requires ALOT of healing, which isnt a bad thing. Even with EX Rule, 200HP plus healing is brutal for drawing only 2 prizes. For its hefty attack cost, it can do some serios damage as well. I like it better in Unlimited, where it can be teamed either Blastoise or Alakazam.

9. Sands

Sands New Member

Hey, I've been combining Wailord EX with 4 Xatu from Sandstorm and using Xatu's power!

10. Turbo Blastoise

Turbo Blastoise New Member

How about get two of them out and just use Super Deep Dive to stall the whole time. Unless you have board control, that's virtually impossible to beat!!!