Warp Energy and Fossils

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by davechri, Feb 29, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. davechri

davechri New Member

Can I attach a Warp Energy to my active Fossil, forcing the Fossil back to the bench?

dc

2. dkates

dkates New Member

I don't see why not. When Warp Energy is attached to a player's Active Pokémon, that Pokémon is moved to the bench. Fossils count as Pokémon while in play.

3. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

According to the text, there is nothing that specifically says that you can't attach energy to them. I'm assuming this means that you can.

4. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

You're thinking about the text that they can't retreat. "Switching" and "Gusting" effects are not the same as Retreating, so you use Warp Energy.

Balloon Berry, on the other hand, would be useless.

5. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

Speaking of which, you can attach TM's to Fossils, right? I mean, the "can't attack" clause refers to its own attacks (non-existant), right?

6. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

The only TM you can attach is TM01, the "colorless" one. Unless you get them colored, that is. Or attach to the Stage 1 and then devolve.

7. dkates

dkates New Member

What about the Mystery Plates, PokePop? They don't have a rule about the type of the Pokémon they're attached to, either.

8. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Sure. Are those called TMs though? Don't have my binder in front of me.

9. dkates

dkates New Member

Yes, they are. I just checked scans.