Warp energy...waste of time?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Flippin treeko, Dec 16, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Flippin treeko

Flippin treeko New Member

The first time I saw this I thought yeah, free retreat, but when you play it you instantly take it out of play, with no uk free retreat marrils is there any point in using your energy placement up when there's soooo many ways to switch out without doing?

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Yeah, I wind up using it on a Benched Pokemon a lot of the time when I play it.
    Time to retire it.

3. Flippin treeko

Now cyclone energy seems real useful but no one seems to list it in their decks....that confuses me :nonono:

4. duanojo

duanojo New Member

I disagree. With so few Pokemon with free retreats, I think Warp still has some value, especially with Pokes with three or four retreat costs. Another thing I like about Warp is that you can use it to retreat when attached and then use it again as your energy discard. It's also good now because it does not use up the one retreat per turn allotment. What other methods of switching are you talking about? For trainers, there's switch, balloon berry, and perhaps warp point, but those don't give you the power to add energy too. In fact, the warp point/ warp energy combo can be quite helpful. Get your opponent to warp in a Pokemon they think is weak or underpowered and then drop the warp energy to move in who you'd like, all the while powering up the bench.

I do think that cyclone should be seeing a lot more play. It's especially nice with Cradilly, Octillery, or other Pokes that make it more difficult to retreat. It's also a lot of fun with Underground Ruins or whatever the stadium card is that forces you to flip for a retreat.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2003
  5. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

warp + Espeon = unlimited switches!

Use Wailord EX as a stall card, when it is dangerously damaged add a warp and it goes to the bench. Espeon to recover the warp. Nurse, retreat the Espeon and your wall is back in place while you build up your pokemon on the bench.

6. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Warp Energy is as viable as you make it. Some decks thrive on the card, while others could care less if it is even in the deck. In decks that i require more than 3 Switch/Warp Point per deck, I usually have at least 2 Warp Energy in it.

7. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

In most cases Switch will be used more than Warp. Warp is still a good card and can be used in most decks depending on your preference. It is especially good with Furret since it is like searching for a Switch more or less.

8. Flippin treeko

I think I'd rather use 4 switch slots then put in WP but I can see more uses for it now than before cheers peeps :D