Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Washington State Championships - March 16, 2013

Pokeplayer

Washington State Championships

Mark your calendar for Washington's biggest State Championship ever!

When: Saturday March 16, 2013

Where: The San Juan Rooms at the Seattle Center! ---

Same location as last year; just a different and larger room!!!!

Addres 305 Harrison Street, Seattle WA 98109.......although the closest street address is the corner of Republican Street and Warren Ave. North.

Note: The San Juan Room boasts 6,681 square feet of space vs the 6,006 square feet space for the Rainier Room,

https://www.pokemon.com/us/account/play-pokemon-tournaments/13-03-000047/

Admission: FREE

Registration: Starts at 8:30 am and ends at 9:30 am. Players not in line by 9:30 am may receive a round 1 loss.

All participants will receive 3 Play! Points and a Pokémon SPT Championship promo card (while supplies last) just for playing!
Players will receive a special promo item upon registration! (while supplies last)

Three Age Divisions: Juniors (born in 2002 or later) / Seniors (born in 1998 - 2001) / Masters (born in 1997 or earlier)

Format- Modified Constructed- Black & White-On Each player brings their own 60 card deck. Players will need to fill out a deck list, which will be available at the tournament.
Players will need a Pokemon Player id card. One will be provided if players do not have one. Legal cards are from the following sets:

Black & White
BW: Emerging Powers
BW: Noble Victories
BW: Next Destinies
BW: Dark Explorers
BW: Dragons Exalted
BW: Boundaries Crossed
BW: Plasma Storm
BW Trainer Kit
BW: Dragon Vault Mini-Set
Promos numbers BW01 & Higher
Mc Donalds Promo Collection

Prizes

Prizes are awarded to the top players in each of three age divisions.

1st Place
• A Pokémon TCG SPT Championships 1st Place trophy
• A $500 travel stipend to participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships (Juniors and Seniors)
• A $300 travel stipend to participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships (Masters)
• A first-round bye at the U.S. or Canada National Championships3
• A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
• 100 Championship Points
2nd Place
• A Pokémon TCG SPT Championships 2nd Place trophy
• A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
• 90 Championship Points (if division attendance is 4 or greater)
3rd & 4th Place
• A Pokémon TCG SPT Championships 3rd or 4th Place trophy
• A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
• 70 Championship Points (if division attendance is 8 or greater)
5th through 8th Place
• A combination of 9 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
• 50 Championship Points(if division attendance is 32 or greater)
9th Place through 12th Place
• 30 Championship Points (if division attendance is 64 or greater)
13th Place through 16th Place
• 20 Championship Points (if division attendance is 64 or greater)

FAQs

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/championship-series/tcg-stateprovinceterritory-championships/

ONSITE VENDOR: Shanes Big League Sports Cards will be our on-site vendor for you Pokemon items!

Side Events: Booster draft will be held after the main swiss tournament is completed, if enough interest.

For additional information - email Pokeplayer [email protected] or pokeMATHter: [email protected]

Last edited:
this should be fun. i couldnt make it last year but im glad its at the Seattle Center instead of the Tacoma Convention Center!

Gotta agree with the shuckle dude, that could hurt, But I'm getting my passport, so why not. :D Just gotta work a little extra between now and then!

Hey all...

I received an email from a local student.

My name is XXXXXXXX, and I am a student at the University of Washington. I am doing my final paper on Pokemon for my Global Asia class, and was wondering if I could just observe the Pokemon Washington State Championships this Saturday? Is it an all day event? I realize that this email is very short notice, and this is a busy event, so I understand if it is not possible for me to observe or interview the trainers. If it is not possible for in person observation, is there anyone you could put me in contact with that would not mind filling out a survey by Monday March 18th? Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused, and good luck with the Championships!

Thanks again for all your help,

So this student has been invited to observe our State championships.......

It's strange. I've done a school project that was pokemon related a year ago for my Anthropology class. I did a one minute video about the pokemon community and frankly I was able to film the pokemon tournament and interviewing its players who participated in it. I'm quite interested on this students's work on WA states.

Back