Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Washington State Hidden Legends June 5, 2004

Pokeplayer

The Wa State Hidden Legends Pre Release will be held..

Saturday June 5, 2004
Start: 11:00 am
Cost: $20.00
Players get 6 booser packs!!!!

The Game Matrix
8610 South Tacoma Way
Lakewood, WA 98499
Phone: (253) 583-9708

You will be able own and play with these cards days before you can buy them in the stores. Every participant will also get a special Prerelease promotional (promo) card.

Format:
Players use the six booster packs to build a 40 card deck. Basic Energy will be provided. Age Modified Swiss. Minimum of 4 rounds, 30 minutes a round. Single games each round. Players compete for 4 prizes each round in stead of six. No cut to top 8 after Swiss competition Decklists will be required.

Limited decks contain exactly 40 cards. Players are not limited to only 4 of any card. Any extra cards not used in the deck are set aside. (The player keeps these cards) Players play only the cards that they have listed on their Decklist. (Players may not change out any cards in their deck between rounds of play.) NO TRADING of cards will be allowed to build your deck.

After the tournament, players are welcome to trade cards with each other ......

Prizes awarded to the top 8 in each age group 10 under, 11-14 and 15 and older.)

Prizes:
1st Place: 36 Booster packs of Pokemon-e EX: Hidden Legends
2nd Place: 18 Booster packs of Pokemon-e EX: Hidden Legends
3rd & 4th Place: 9 Booster packs of Pokemon-e EX: Hidden Legends
5th - 8th Place: 4 Booster packs of Pokemon-e EX: Hidden Legends

Side Events:

Booster Draft $15 for 5 packs. Prizes will be Hidden Legends Booster Packs

Theme Deck Challenge $5 - 10 depending on available theme decks and booster packs. As in the past, players will be given a theme deck and additonal booster packs to build a deck and play in at least 4 rounds of age modified Swiss. Prizes will be HL Booster Packs..

SPECIAL NEW EVENT FOR YOUNGER/NEW PLAYERS

Pokemon has provided a "Theme Deck Challenge" to help young or new players learn the game. They will get a Hiddent Legends theme deck to play in an age modified swiss tournament.

This event will be limited to the first 24 players. Priority will be given to younger players, (10 & under) new players, their parents and then the rest of the players. The cost will be $20 for this event.
Players get the theme deck and 3 booster packs.

Please note that this event will take place during the main tournament and is offered as an alternate activity for players to compete in a friendly environment. This event will not be sanctioned. Helpers will be available to help younger players...

Additional Prizes....Players in the top 50% of the standings at the end will receive one additional booster pack as a prize.

Doot prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the Tournament Organizer.

Hope to see you there...

Pokeplayer

Come on ArticJedi, it is Calculus! Calculus is WAY more fun than Pokemon!

Take a derivative and set it equal to zero! Add one to your exponent and divide by your new exponent! Don't forget the +C! If you add up an infinite number of things that are almost zero, do you get one?

e^x = 1 + x + x^2/2! + x^3/3! + x^4/4! + x^5/5! ...

Find the antiderivative of 1/(cabin) with respect to cabin!

Last edited:
Yeah, I love finding the equation of the plane parallel to <3,5,7> and passing through the point (1,0,1).

Pokeplayer-Do u know if what will be the prize structure for the Booster Draft which is one of the side events. Or will u tell us the prize structure for the Booster Draft at the Prerelease. Up to how many people could sign up for the Booster Draft. Will the Prerelease start at 11:00 or is that the time for registration? Thanks. Good luck to the people that attend to the Prerelease that we will be there. Hope to see some people form Oregon there.

Last edited:
Registration starts at 11:00 am since that's when the store opens......

Booster draft prize structure will be HL booster packs....the exact number will depend on tournout...

REMEMBER I WILL HAVE YOUR T SHIRTS YOU all preorderd!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Pokeplayer. See you at the Game Matrix for our Prerelease. Hope to see people from Oregon. Good luck to everybody to their prerelease.

:( Don't think I will be able to make it to this one. It is a bit too far for me, sucks too because I was looking forward to the new cards. Hope everyone has fun though, I will try to make it to the next scheduled league though.

I'm sorry but I have baseball tomorrow and can't make this one. I'll just have to wait another weak for my Electrodes. MASS DESTRUCTION!!!!!

The Lakewood Washingon Hidden Legends Prerelease had 51 participants

Here is the breakdown

10 & under 6
11-14 15
15 & over 24
Theme Deck 6 NEW PLAYERS!!!!!!!

Winners

10 Under Zane N.
11-14 Joel A.
15 & over Penny A.

Side Event HL Booster Draft 22
Side Event Theme Deck 6

Door Prizes given away
Groundon Box Toppers
HL Booster Packs
Pokemon EX Value Pack
Promo cards
Pokemon Boxes
Badges

Props
Thanks to The Game Matrix for hosting this event.!!!!!!!!!! :)
Thanks to Crystal's Mom for bringing and donating the Girl Scout Cookies for players ;)
Thanks to Gordon F. for donating several Pokemon Plush toys for the New Players ;)
Thanks for the helpers and professors ;)
BIG thanks to patient parents that brought the kids :)
The Game Matrix Starting a Pokemon League !!!!! :pokeball:

Slops..
The printer running out of ink in the middle of the Tournament :mad:

Last edited:
The prerelease was fun because I got to see the new cards that will be out in less than a week from now. So I had a good time. The people who won in each age group had a good deck. I can't blame them. It was good in each age group but I didn't have a good flance in the 15+ deck but the prerelease was fun. I hope that all other people had fun to.

Thanks terry for a great tourney. Me and my dad had great fun. We hope to see you and everyone else down here in oregon this saturday to play in our prerelease. See you soon. :D

Back