Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Washington State World Fund Raiser Tournaments

Pokeplayer

Hello all..

Like last year . this year we are also holding some small tournaments to raise some $$$ to offset the travel costs of one Pokemon Player to Worlds.

There will be a number of Tournaments. Here is what are known at present:

After the GYM Challenges are completed June 10, 2006 a series of smaller tournaments will be held.

Stay tuned for more information..about these format and dates...

......Here is what is currently planned:

Mutant Draft
Cost: $5
Shanes Big League Sports Cards
Renton Washington
July 8, 2006
Registration Starts: 10:00 am
Tournament Starts Approx 11:00 am
Prizes will be announced

There will also be a BBQ this same day as a fundraiser for Worlds.
The BBQ will also be $5. (Hamburgers, chips, potato salad, pop)

A mutant draft is where players may evolve any basic pokemon into any other stage 1 of the same color and any stage 1 into any other stage 2 of the same color. For example, Torchic - Magcargo- Charizard.

Here is a NEW Worlds Fund Raiser Tournament.....

Shane's Big League Sportscards
601 S Grady Way Suite R
Renton Washington 98055
Phone: 425-277-3717
July 15, 2006
Registration Starts 10:00 am
Tourney starts 10:45 am

Booster Draft

Each player will receive either 4 foreign Deoxy Booster Packs or 4 Team Rocket booster Packs. Players will build a 40 card deck. Basic Energy is provided.

Prizes will be T Shirts, caps, other Pokemon prizes....

Fundraiser Tournament #3

Saturday, July 22.
Registration starts at 4 PM

2027 196th Street SW, Suite A105
Lynnwood, Wa 98036

Phone: 425.712.1206

Cost: $5.00

Format: Fossil/Jungle Draft. Basic Energy will be provided.

Prizes: Something cool from my closet of pokemon things.
This tourney will be run by PokeMATHer

HERE IS THE FINAL FUNDRAISER!!!!!

Tournament Information
Tournament Name: Final Worlds Fund Raiser Theme Deck
Tournament ID: 06-08-000256
Category: Fun - Unlimited - Limited

Date/Time: 8/5/2006 10:00 AM
Address: 601 S Grady Way Suite R
City: Renton
State: Washington
Zip Code: 98055
Store Phone: 425-277-3717

Admission: $5

Details: Registration Starts: 10:00 am Tournament Starts Approx 11:00 am.

Players will randomly receive an older Base, Jungle, or other theme deck to play. This tournament will be swiss competition with the top finalists entering the single elimination rounds. The winner of this tournament will win most of the $$$ raised from all the previous tournaments. Some $$ may be awared to 2nd Place.

In order to win the money, the player must not have already have an invite/trip to worlds. Winners of Gym Challenges, Staff position invites and previous Top 4 Worlds WInners that already have a trip/invite to Worlds can not win the $$$. These persons may play in the tournament but they will not be allowed to enter the final elimination rounds.

In order to receive the $$$ you must be present at Pokemon Worlds 2006. I will personally award the $$ to the winner at Pokemon Worlds 2006 in California. If the winner is a minor, then his /her parent/guardian can receive the $$ when at Worlds.

Please note that the $$$ is NOT awarded to the winner of each age group. Only ONE individual winner will be determined.

Last edited:
Pokeplayer said:
Hello all..

Like last year . this year we are also holding some small tournaments to raise some $$$ to offset the travel costs of one Pokemon Player to Worlds.

There will be a number of Tournaments. Here is what are known at present:

After the GYM Challenges are completed June 10, 2006 a series of smaller tournaments will be held.

Two or three more locations will be chosen. Current locations under consideration are Covington, Mukilteo, Lynnwood, Lakewood, Renton..

The proposed formats are Booster Drafts using older Jungle/Fossil packs and foreign Booster Packs.

Stay tuned for more information..about these format and dates...

......Here is what is currently planned:

Mutant Draft
Renton Washington
July 8, 2006
Prizes will be announced

There will also be a BBQ this same day as a fundraiser for Worlds.
The BBQ will also be $5. (Hamburgers, chips, potato salad, pop)

A mutant draft is where players may evolve any basic pokemon into any other stage 1 of the same color and any stage 1 into any other stage 2 of the same color. For example, Torchic - Magcargo- Charizard.

Theme Deck Challenge
Renton Washington
August 5, 2006

Players will randomly receive an older Base, Jungle, or other theme deck to play. This tournament will be swiss competition with the top finalists entering the single elimination rounds. The winner of this tournament will win all the $$$ raised from all the previous tournaments.

In order to win the money, the player must not have already have an invite/trip to worlds. Winners of Gym Challenges, Staff position invites and previous Top 4 Worlds WInners that already have a trip/invite to Worlds can not win the $$$. These persons may play in the tournament but they will not be allowed to enter the final elimination rounds.

Ino order to receive the $$$ you must be present at Pokemon Worlds 2006. I will personally award the $$ to the winner at Pokemon Worlds 2006 in California. If the winner is a minor, then his /her parent/guardian can receive the $$ when at Worlds.
Pretty cool idea. I won't be there but just wanted to comment on it. :thumb:

Okay all..

I want to thank Shanes for the BBQ held today....

I want to thank all the players that supported our tournament today....There were 22 players..

Thanks Ted B for running the tournament....

I personally went 1-4....I drafted a terrible deck...not one second stage....

The winner was David N 5-0
Second Roberta B 4-1
Third Elva B 4-1
Fourth Levi C 4-1

We raised $240 today....

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Here is another Worlds Fund Raiser Tournament.....

Shane's Big League Sportscards
601 S Grady Way Suite R
Renton Washington 98055
Phone: 425-277-3717
July 15, 2006
Registration Starts 10:00 am
Tourney starts 10:45 am

Booster Draft

Each player will receive either 4 foreign Deoxy Booster Packs or 4 Team Rocket booster Packs. Players will build a 40 card deck. Basic Energy is provided.

Prizes will be T Shirts, caps, other Pokemon prizes....

Hope to see you there...

Last edited:
Fundraiser Tournament #3

Saturday, July 22.

Lynnwood, Wa 98036

pokeMATHter said:
Fundraiser Tournament #3

Saturday, July 22.

Lynnwood, Wa 98036

I might actually be able to make that tournament (Depends on my schedule). Ummm...I see one slight problem in the draft...without the base set, you can't use any pidgeot, dragonite, weezing or butterfree you draft (there might be others too, I would actually have to look through my old binder to find out what else might be unplayable, but I'm too lazy to do that.) Unless you plan on this being a mutant draft...then it doesn't matter.

Please note the following change to the Aug 5 tournament rules:

Players will randomly receive an older Base, Jungle, or other theme deck to play. This tournament will be swiss competition with the top finalists entering the single elimination rounds. The winner of this tournament will win most of the $$$ raised from all the previous tournaments. Some $$ may be awared to 2nd Place.

pokeMATHter said:
Fundraiser Tournament #3

Saturday, July 22.

Lynnwood, Wa 98036

Thanks david, make it impossible to go for me to any fundraisers...

Oh well, I guess extra worlds money will have to wait.

Please note that the $$$ is NOT awarded to the winner of each age group. Only ONE individual winner will be determined.

The winners from Saturday's tourney at Cardhaus..

10 under Henry L.
11-14 Zane N
15 + Ted B

Thanks for all the players......

It was decided by the players that the funds raised during these tournaments will be for Wash Players only.

I

Last edited:
Ooh, well It was worth a try. I guess that I should'nt be to concerned though since I already have an invite, but what is the prize money for 1st any way?

An additional inducement to play in this tournament...

If 25 persons play in this tournament, then 3rd and 4th place will play for free admission to the Pre Release the following weekend......

What if a person that already has an invite to worlds play in the last fundraiser tournament and did a good job to make the top cut, is there a way to play for the free admission to the Prerelease, though they cannot win the money?

Back