NXD+ Standard Water Box help

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Sitting Tauros, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Sitting Tauros

Sitting Tauros New Member

I am planning on building a Water Box deck for the 2016-2017 Standard Format. I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with building my deck.

2. FREAKAZOID175

FREAKAZOID175 Member

There are a couple ways you could probably go about building it, but I think a decent starting off point would be:

3 Kyogre EX PRC 54
    3 Primal Kyogre EX PRC 55
    2 Manaphy EX BKP 32
    1 Glaceon EX FCO 20
    1 Regice AOR 24
    1 Articuno ROS 17
    2 Shaymin EX ROS 77
    1 Hoopa EX AOR 36
    4 Professor Sycamore
    2 N
    2 Lysandre
    1 Pokemon Ranger
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 VS Seeker
    4 Max Elixir
    4 Trainers' Mail
    3 Kyogre Spirit Link
    2 Super Rod
    1 Professor's Letter
    3 Rough Seas
    1 Sky Field
    11 Water Energy

The idea is to use Max Elixir to set up a Kyogre ASAP, then use the Ancient Trait of the Primal to continue to accelerate energy onto your board. Retreat for free with Manaphy to either continue attacking with another Primal Kyogre or whichever Pokemon best fits the situation. Fair warning, this is a list I have not tested at all. I'm not sure I like the supporter line, I think this deck will likely need more draw. Theoretically you should be able to Trainers' Mail to dig for Ultra Ball, Ultra Ball into a Hoopa, Hoopa into Kyogre/Shaymin/Manaphy, and use Shaymin to draw to thin the deck fairly significantly after a couple turns.

I'm not really too sold on the Max Elixirs, but I figure they are worth a shot with a Manaphy in play. Try it out, see what you like or hate and tweak it from there. :smile: