Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Water Fist (Dp-IFDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a deck I have been planning for about 2 months now, I hope this seems like a good deck!=)

4-2-'3-1'Machamp IFDS/Machamp DP
2-2 Lumenion IFDS
2-2 Claydol
1-0-1 Dusknoir (DP)

____________________________________________________ 20 Pokemon

3 Multi Energy MT
9 Fight energy DP
4 Water DP
____________________________________________________16 energy

4 Rare Candy
1 Rowan
1 Luxury Ball
3 Speed Stadium
2 Warp Point
3 De-Volver
4 Bebe's Search
3 Cynthia's Plan
4 Buck's Training
___________________________________________________24 T/S/S

My main strategy for this deck is to have Machamp and Lumenion out using Lumenion's Poke-Power to bring basics out and switching with the active, Then Machamp Goes for the Knock Out. Or I may De-Volve to a basic and use Warp Point to switch then use drop.

The reason I put speed stadiums in there because I want my opponent to draw more, more, and more to get a basic in their hand. Like I said, Lumenion gets that basic pokemon in the hand to switch it with a active.

Here are some translations for what these cards do, enjoy:

Machamp Lv.62-Fighting-HP130

Stage 2 – Evolves from Machoke

[F] Drop: 40 damage. If the Defending Pokemon isn’t an Evolved Pokemon, instead of doing damage, this attack Knocks Out the Defending Pokemon.
[C][C] Hurricane Punch: Flip 4 coins, this attack does 30 damage x the number of heads.
[F][F][C][C] Rage: Does 60 damage + an additional 10 damage for each damage counter on Machamp.

Weakness: Psychic (+30)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Lumineon LV.38 – Water – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Finneon

Poke-Power: Fin Sparkle
You can use this Power once during your turn, if this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon. Look at your opponent’s hand, and if your opponent has room on his or her Bench, choose 1 Basic Pokemon card and play it onto the Bench. Then, switch that Pokemon with your opponent’s Active Pokemon. This Power can’t be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[.] Swift Swim: Does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon, ignoring Weakness and Resistance.
[W] Elegant Swim: 30 damage. Flip a coin, if heads prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Lumineon during your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: Lightning (+20)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0

Last edited:
i would say you dont need such a big lumineon line, 2-2 should be fine. i would maybe add 1 more bebe and another felicity's. 2 luxury ball isn't needed, since after you play one its useless. try to put in another card.

Looks good.

Changes

- 2 Plus Powers
+1 Quick Balls
+1 Bebes

That should work, the Lum line is a little big, but it should still work!

you're lines seems a little awkward. I'd try a 3-2-3-1 Machamp line, since the main point of your deck is the machamp's OHKO attack, and def reduce lumieon to 2-2 line. I'd tech in an omastar line just so you can devolve one turn and then attack (you already run some water energies) whereas with the devoler you use your attack, so by the next turn they can evolve again. Increase rare candies to 4 if you use omastar line, and maybe you want to try a using 2-3 wagers in here because if you lose the wager they'll hae 6 fresh cards in their hand and lumieon has the perfect oppurtunity to use it's power, and if you win your opponent only has 3 cards in his/her hand anyway. I'm not sure what the 2 plus powers are for, try a few roseanne's research also, but the 1 quick and 1 dusk seem almost useless with only one of each, maybe try 2-3 dusk Or 2-3 quick, not sure, but yea cool machamp deck idea!

-1 Dusk Ball
-1 Rowan
-1 Finneon
-1 Lumineon
-3 Felicity's
-1 Water Energy
-1 Fighting Energy
-1 Machamp DP
-4 Plus Power
+1 Rare Candy
+2 Speed Stadium
+1 Bebe's Search
+1 Machamp IFDS
+4 Buck's Training
+1 Claydol
+3 Cynthia's Plan OR Team Galactic's Wager
+1 TM TS-2 Devolver

Any reason for Felicity's? It doesn't seem like the deck would like discarding cards... seems rather pointless.

4 Rare Candy = NECESSARY!!!! You want fast Machamp... 4 Candy is absolutly necessary.

If you're going to run Speed Stadium, you want more then 1... you want 3. Especially without Scott getting out your Stadiums. I actually like the addition of Speed Stadium, nice idea.

You have got to have 4 Bebe's Search for consistency. Otherwise, Machamps won't be coming easily.

Machamp DP isn't half as important as Machamp IFDS is in the deck. Machamp DP is a tech for Revenge after a Machamp IFDS has fallen, you put it up and take Revenge.

Buck's Training is to replace Plus Power here, and also serve as a draw card.

I love 2-3 Claydol line. Minimizing Baltoy starts, and max consistency at getting Claydol out T2.

I really like the look of Cynthia's Plan, but it's going to be rarer the the Lv.Xs in LA, apparenty, so if you don't have it, Wager is an alternative. Wager also helps with Devolver TM, getting rid of the Evolutions if they're Stage 2s, so they can't Candy to the Stage 2 as easily. Either one is fine.

Devolver looks like a nice addition to the deck, especially if you run Wager, though Wager isn't necessary. 3 looks nice.

Dusknoir and Lumineon belong together. Seriously, it's one step away from holy matrimony. I second Suicidal Pikachu.

Without Dusknoir, Lumineon is a card I can foresee people easily playing around, by simply benching their basics as they draw into them. Since you don't have anything here that snipes or spreads (exempting Lumineon's Swift Swim, although you'd rarely use that), they wouldn't really be hurt by benching everything they got a chance to, and if their bench was full, you wouldn't even get to use Lumineon at all. Dusknoir forces them to keep their bench at 2 or 3 or else they're going to get Dark Palmed into a loss.

I also think Omastar + Wager is a lot better than the devolving TM, and it combos so perfectly with Machamp. You can clear their entire field of evolutions in one motion, then Wager them all away and begin getting easy KOs with Drop until they recover, if they even do. I think Wager is needed here regardless of whether or not you add Omastar because it is the only way you can manipulate their hand. Speed Stadium is honestly probably going to either help them or do nothing more than hurt them, because most of the time they won't be drawing basics from it and it's completely optional anyway. In your current build, even if they do use it, get some heads, and draw basics, they can just bench them before you get a chance to use Fin Sparkle and not worry about it. (Dusknoir to the rescue!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back