Water Logged (Speed Empoleon)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Kabutops141, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kabutops141

Kabutops141 New Member

Pokemon-16

4/3/3 Empoleon
    1 Empoleon Lv.X
    1/1 Palkia Lv.X
    2/2 Claydol (GE)

Trainers-30

4 Bebe's Search
    3 Steven's Advice
    3 TGW
    2 Felicity's Drawing
    2 Roseanne's Research
    3 Master Ball
    2 Warp Point/Switch
    1 Premier Ball
    2 Crystal Beach
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Night Maintenance
    2 Lake Boundary

Energy-14

11 Water
    1 Holon WP
    2 Scramble

----------------------------------
    Well, I was bored, so I decided to mess around with Empoleon. I don't really expect this deck to win much. I just made it so I could have something different to play at leauge.

All of the cards in this deck have at least a little synergy. It's pretty much speed Empoleon. The Mew is a counter to G&G. Stevens and TGW work great w/ Claydol and when you play TGW, you have a chance of reducing your opponent's hand to 1 card. WP helps against GG and Maggy.

Strategy: You want to start with a Piplup (though Mew is an Ok starter) and set up both Dolls ASAP. Spread damage and snipe with Empoleon, draw with Claydol. Simple. You should also try to lock up a high-reteat pokemon w/ Warp Point.

Possible Techs- Crawdaunt ex (Helps w/ disruption and power is good with TGW)
    Omastar PK and/or MD (Also helps with disruption and combos well with Empoleon.)

In conclusion, this deck is all about disruption. Any advise is welcome. Once again, this deck is just something for fun. I don't know how well it will do competitively.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  2. The Machampion

The Machampion New Member

surprisingly, a deck i play like his does win, but the pokemon and trainers and energy are different, ill get you started, pokemon

4-3-4 empoleon,

1-1 swampert ge

2-2 claydol

3 pachy

3. Kabutops141

Kabutops141 New Member

I don't know about the Pachy just because I can usually get a turn 1 to turn 2 Empoleon/Prinplup when I start with Piplup (Which is my starter.) I will however, try the Swampert line. I'll test and see how it does.Thanks.

4. DoctorBLACK

DoctorBLACK New Member

you also might want to try scramble enregys and celios instead of bebe's

5. Ajax

Ajax New Member

what happens if they psychic lock you?

6. Kabutops141

Kabutops141 New Member

DoctorB- I am thinking about putting a scramble because I'm having a little trouble with come backs. I may take a WP or water for a Scramble. Watta you guys think? The reason I run Bebe's and not Celios is that when I use it, that's one less card in my hand and one more card to draw w/ Claydol. It combos with the Doll better.

Ajax- Good question. Usually between Prinplup and Empoleon's damage spreading and Crystal Beach, It is harder for them to attack and I should be able to 1HKO with Empoleon/LvX. Mew also helps for the KO. My record against Gardy right now is Win:7 Loss:2.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  7. Kabutops141

Kabutops141 New Member

Made a few more changes. Any more Advice?

8. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

If you're going with the Palkia X, add a 1-1 Mantine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.