Water Rush (Need trainer help desperately! Updated Trainer line!)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by bonslypwns, Jan 12, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

Name: Water Rush
    Date: January 12th, 2008
    Author: me
    Format: HP-on

EDIT: I need a good Trainer Engine! If you have suggestions please post.

I have provided links to make it easier for you to understand, and a long strategy so you get the feel of the deck.;)
    See tech list under decklist for techs that may be handy.

Pokemon: 21
    - {4} Piplup <DP>
    - {3} Prinplup <DP>
    - {4} Empoleon <DP>
    - {3} Phione <GE> (See Translation at bottom)
    - {1} Mantyke <DP>
    - {1} Mantine <MT>
    - {1} Palkia <GE>
    - {1} Palkia Lv.X <GE> (See Translations at bottom)
    - {1} Infernape <DP>
    - {1} Chimchar <DP>
    - {1} Minun <SW>
    - {1} Suicune <SW>

New Trainer Line!: 24
    - {3} Celios Network <CG>
    - {3} Rare Candy <HP>
    - {1} Stevens Advice <PK>
    - {2} Castaway <CG>
    - {2} Windstorm <CG>
    - {1} Cessation Crystal <CG>
    - {1} Strength Charm <DF>
    - {2} Plus Power <SW>
    - {1} Holon Mentor <DF>
    - {1} Glacias Stadium <PK>
    - {3} Professor Oak's Visit <SW>
    - {1} Copycat <DF>
    - {2} Roseannes Research <SW>

Energies: 15
    - {1} DRE <CG>
    - {3} Scramble <DF>
    - {10} Water <DP>
    - {1} Holon Energy WP <DF>

Techs:
    - {1-1} Mightyena EX HP (This just came to mind, after sniping a benched, and is 70 or lower to kill, send them out, and get rid of them. This isn;t bad at all.
    - {2} Multi Energy (If you have to attack with pokemon like Absol EX, or if you do have Mighty then you can at least sue them.
    - {2} Super Scoop Up (Need to reuse Absol, or get something out of there? This will come in handy)
    Any other tech ideas? Tell me! And if you like one of these and think it should see play, tell me!

Strategy: This deck has numerous strategies ok... so our main attacker is, Empoleon! Empoleon has beeen a favored deck for a while now, it placed well in the Worlds before this season, but alas, new sets, new meta-game. So how can it be good at all? It's first attack is a simple and excellent attack! ANy pokemon for 40! We can live with that.:p It's second attack, neededing 3 energy can do 70, then 20 to a bench if a heads! Then next turn hit that benched for 40 hopefully OHKO! Also with a total of 130 HP, and a weakness to steel, and fighting, it's good because no steel see play, and Mario now stands nothing against it! So with 2 retreat cost, Empoleon is fast and easy! But no Lv.X because it is not needed!!!!!!With the new set, Great Encounters, starters are the set! lol, so we now have a Phione addition! What does it do? It's forst attack for 1 C energy, can search your deck for a pokemon that evolves from your benched basic and evolve it...!!! Is that wicked or what! Speed Empoleon to the max! This lets you hopefully get T2 Empoleon, then once you get set-up, Phione dies, and Scramble is activated! It's a tremendous help and helps with energies... wicked or what! And if you need to, you can always just hit for 20.:p{A tech, not in deck ATM) Many knew, that someone added Absol tech to their Emp deck and mad T4 for worlds, well, I love it to! I do play Cessation, but only if needed, so, woth all this spreading, I can just flop down an absol, move them around for a hopefull KO. Leaving something vulnerable. Which leaves a pocket for you to hit! Now, if you don't really want to have to some time put it out, just add 1 or 2 Scoop Ups just incase, and then you could also do it again! Mantyke Mantine line was added ever since MT, and I too love it! But, I didn't really find it neccessary, but with the new Palkia, might as well be safe, so I put just a 1-1 line, preventing you form prob. start, and only making it a neccessity if needed. But a great tech nonetheless! Palkia is used here for a variety of different matches and can be used for greatness beleive it or not. But how? Well, Palkia wouldn't be ahorrid starter but that's not the point. Palkia X allows you to play a "gust of wind" type deck, and Palk beeing active, they choose any of your benched pokemon, but no matter what, with Mantine, you can get Empoleon right back out, as you choose one of their heavily retreat cost pokemon, then snipe their benched pokemon that's loaded you just sent back. And an added bonus, if you don't have Piplup and don't have anything to attatch to, you have Palkia! That way, once you get a Emp back up, you attack with Palkia and get all energies back on the newly added Empoleon, now fully loaded, then just reconstruction next turn.:p Minun helps, when Phione or Emp gets a KO, you try and get a top deck, rare candy, allowing Suicune to help a bunch! Just in there to get you a little help when needed. Suicune is a great addition and allows you to get back needed Emps, that's about it. ;) So that was q uick run through of the pokemon, now to the trainers and energies! The trainer line is fairly simple, and just their to speed up, or disrupt, even more! Celios is an obvious choice here, and allows you to get whatever pokemon you need! It's fast and good, always a great addition to Empoleon decks! ER2 is used to disrupt, so while you spread, they just sit there hopelessely, that way they can't set-up. Empoleon is always a great disruption deck! Glacia's Stadium prevents his weakness, you never know when some noob'll show up with Dialgia, so better safe then sorry, right? Windstorm, is just used to get rid of everything your opponents trying to stall with. Or a stadium that works to their favor, but doesn't affect me. This will help a lot! Cessation is to simply shut down. It may work against a few of our pokemon, but you only put this down if needed, and you can always widsotrm your own if needed, because many decks rely on Poke-bodies/power so we need to stop them. Especially cards like Dugtrio CG and Bastiodon MT. 1 Warp Point for a quick switch, then you can snipe their benched loaded poekmon, getting rid of it with no problem. 2 Castaway to get anything needed, like a quick Cessation and Celios. Plus Power to get those OHK's off, this will come in handy I promise! 3 Holon Mentor to be able to utilize Phione to t's fullest. And if you need it, just get 1-1 Mantine line, and just Baby Evolution right then. ;) Scott just for a Glacias if ya need it. And lastly Rare Candies... what, do I really have to explain? Now on to the last bit, energies, DRE so you can get a pack of 60 out fast. Scramble after Phione dies, and Water because... well duh!

Meta-Game:

G&G (cress tech) [60-40 Us]
    This is going to be extremely popular and you're going to need to be ready! This deck does seem to put some fear to this deck, but the first one to set-up should have game. Phione is key here to start getting everyone of your empoleon ready to go, then let them take out the Phione (or retreat with mantines power) and then start hitting their benched Gallades, and Cress, maybe Gardy X if it's out. Key retreats are the game here, don't let your opponent do anything that'll cost you, you need to get rid of the cress X fast, then focus on Gallades, Gardy shouldn't be much of a threat but youu should get enough so that if it is sent out you can OHKO without having problems. Cessation here will hurt them and some quick Scrambles to comeback are great here! Overall a close match, and if they have absol start, just ignore it, and just attatch and keep evolving, but thankfully Empoleon = OHKO on absol so... easy prize.

Blisskiss [70-30 Us]
    With them having to add extra trainer lines ot the deck, it'll slow them down, But togekiss is a beast! You need to get cessation out A.S.A.P. to prevent any Blissey OHKO to your pokemon. If you have to, warp point out, get a Togekiss, then hit a benched Blissey. OHKO Empoleon are horrible to you, so you need to be able to OHKO it, An Ice Blade, then after, 80 damage with Plus Power, and you should be good. Absol works wonder here, letting you get that 10 short damage on Blissey. This may be easy but don't let your guard down!

Darkrai+Weavile [75-25 Us]
    This is a key battle here. This will see alot of play so be ready! Darkrai Lv.X, being the main attacker, is quite a tough cookie. But with not so high HP, a snipe and 70 will do it for them here. Cessation will kill this deck, so get it out! That way they don't have all the added power. Absol will be key here, when they have retreated Weavile, slap that baby down, put them on darkrai, plus power, GG. Since they only have a 2-2 count it shouldn't be to hard, but NM will be a key for them, you're gunna have to set-up fast!

Add more later!

Translations:
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Phione L.23 – Water – HP60
    Basic Pokemon

[C] Wish for Evolution: Search your deck for an Evolution card that Evolves from 1 of your Pokemon in play and play it on top of that Pokemon (this counts as Evolving that Pokemon). Shuffle your deck afterward.
    [W][W] Water Pulse: 30 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Asleep.

Weakness: Lightning (+10)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 1
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Palkia Lv.X – Water – HP120

Poke-Power: Reconstruction
    You can use this Power once during your turn. Your opponent chooses 1 of your Benched Pokemon, and you choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. Then, each of the chosen Pokemon is switched with 1 of the Active Pokemon (a player who has no Bench can’t switch). This Power can’t be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

(W)(W)(W) Hydro Reflection: 60
    You may attach all of Palkia’s Energy to your Benched Pokemon in any way you like (If you have no Benched Pokemon, this effect does nothing.)

Weakness: (2x) Lightning
    Resistance: ---
    Retreat: 3x
    ------------------------------------------------------

How ya like it? It took me 20 mins. to write the strategy. XP

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  2. vorg7

vorg7 New Member

Wow, good deck, I think you should take out 2 DRE for 2 Scramble because DRE Will lower damage so it will take 3 hits to Knockout a pokemon like gallade or blissey without a pluspower

3. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

How about

-2 DRE
    +1 Scramble
    +1 Other trainer like SSU, or add a Multi Energy... what do you think? Thanks, it's sole purpose is spread, but you modfiy it, so it's faster, spreads more, and can easily be manipulated to any game!:p

4. pichu bros. rox

pichu bros. rox New Member

-1 Empoleon

+1 Empoleon X

With all the spreading i think you need one and u have mantine so you can retreat it easily

5. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

That'll slow this deck down. 4 Empoleon is a must, Lv.X=no.

6. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

*bump*

Doesn't anybody have changes? Plus I keep editing my list as I play solitare with it, please help!

7. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Whoa, nice deck! Maybe only two Mentors and two Roseanne's? Dunno. My question is: why do you have Palkia? You don't mention it in your strategy.

8. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

I know... have to edit...

Palkia is used here for a variety of different matches and can be used for greatness beleive it or not. But how? Well, Palkia wouldn't be ahorrid starter but that's not the point. Palkia X allows you to play a "gust of wind" type deck, and Palk beeing active, they choose any of your benched pokemon, but no matter what, with Mantine, you can get Empoleon right back out, as you choose one of their heavily retreat cost pokemon, then snipe their benched pokemon that's loaded you just sent back. And an added bonus, if you don't have Piplup and don't have anything to attatch to, you have Palkia! That way, once you get a Emp back up, you attack with Palkia and get all energies back on the newly added Empoleon, now fully loaded, then just reconstruction next turn.:p

Why roseannes?

9. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Okay, thanks!

Anyway, Roseanne's can get you a Basic Energy as well as a Basic Pokemon, which allows more late game Energy if your stuck, or it can get you 1 or 2 Basic Pokemon, while Mentor can get you 3 Basics.

10. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

Hmmm... maybe 1 Roseanne tech? And I am working on a new trainer line/pokemon.
    But what engine should I use?

11. flariados

flariados New Member

play at least 3 cessation crystal and take out some teches because you have 5 teches. I would advice minun at least and infernape.Take out holon mentor for roseanna's research and play 4 celio's network.

12. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

I don;t need maxed celio. I tried it, with Phione already, it's rather uselss, so 3 just incase.
    I'll do:
    1 Mentor
    2 Roseannes

That good? Which techs? Palkia techs maybe? And then for which trainers should I add.:p
    Or should I add 1 more water and one more WP? lol So many questions. And 2 cessation because I don't want to cancel Minun/Mantine. I use it if the deck won't survive without poke-powers/bodies. Thanks, someone finally replied! And arceus but hey.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.