Weavile + Exeggutor

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by Randy8124, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Randy8124

Randy8124 New Member

My question is this:

I have a SW Weavile on my bench and a MT Exeggutor active. I use Weavile's Poke-power, Dark Engage, to turn Exeggutor to :dark:. If I have 2 dark energy and 2 dark special energy attached to Exeggutor, when would the +10 damage take effect? Would I have to claim one energy per coin flip and then go on to the next one? Thanks.

Exeggutor - [C] Explosive Ball: Flip a coin for each Energy attached to Exeggutor and to the Defending Pokemon. This attack does 30 damage x the number of heads.

Weavile - Poke-Power: Dark Engage
    This Power can be used once during your turn. Any Pokemon that is your Active Pokemon when this Power is used becomes a Darkness-type until the end of your turn. (This effect ends if the Pokemon is no longer your Active Pokemon.)

Darkness Energy - Special Energy card
    Provides 1 [D] Energy. When the Pokemon Darkness Energy is attached to attacks, it does an additional 10 damage to the Defending Pokemon. Ignore this effect if the Pokemon Darkness Energy is attached to isn't a Darkness type.

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

You don't assign extra damage flip by flip.
    You would flip all the coins.
    Calculate the base damage by multiplying 30 x the number of heads.
    Then add +20 for the two special Dark energy cards, assuming you got at least one heads.
    If you got all tails, you can't add 20 to nothing.
    Then figure Weakness and/or resistance, if appropriate. Remember that Exeggutor is Dark type now, not Grass.