Weekly events at the GATHERING GROUND!!!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by meganium45, Jul 4, 2004.

1. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Boy, you all need to get in on these weekly league tourneys at the Gathering Ground....run by Scizorkid and Meganium45.

Next Event: Saturday October 9th league starting at 2:30, tourney starting at 3:30...folks, we may have to go 4 rounds this week, with attendance going up!! WOW)...Bonus Items - top 3 finishers in the event, and one random player will get one of those POP Series 1 Booster Pack!! Check your values kiddies, those things are HOT! Also, random door prize this week is a shiny new box of dice along with other stuff! Hope to see you all there! Ooh! Ooh! Rumor of another T-shirt give away!!!

Only 3 weeks until ROCKET RETURNS !!

Man - CAN YOU WAIT FOR THIS?? I love the idea of an unlimited deck with 17 Mewtwos!

Scizorkid....I choose you....to run another GREAT LEAGUE AND TOURNEY like you always do!!!\

M45

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  2. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

2 Mirror Explouds in top 2 was pretty interesting. It wasn't as good of a game as I was hoping for, but it certainly wasn't easy.

Say congrats to Zak and tell him to stick with Exploud. He is doing wonderfully with it.

~Colin

3. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Yeah, someone needs to post the winners for next week, since I'm gonna be in Texas (and gonna have a fiddle in the band)

M45

4. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Hey I hear we had a great turnout for the 2 on 2 battles!!! Wish I could have been there!

Also, with half the group missing (they may have been at my house LOL), we had at least 12 for a modified tourney, including the return of Jared and some other great players!!!

I am dying to get the results, so we can get this one reported!

Jared, Rachel, Chris, come on! Tell me how it went!!!

Back to a full packed crowd next weekend! Torchic Promos to the top 3, and one random 4th!

Modified format...you know the rules, bring a new player to the table and you get a bonus pack, as does your friend!!

SUPER BONUS this week!!! Random door prize of an NEW EX Trainer Package to a player at league!

Reminder, $3.00 to enter, and everyone gets a pack, and a promo! (plus a bonus for next week!)

See you all there!

M45

5. Hedgefoxidna

Hedgefoxidna New Member

Oh yayness, the Flygon Master is BACK this week, fear, I want that torchic (and EX Trainer Kit!!!!)

6. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Chaw, this week's Gathering Ground event is in the books!!

We had 24 total people, 20 playing in the tourney...hope even more come next week...

Congratulations to the top 3 this week

3rd...Jake Shrpringman - Amphy EX/Wobby - taking the Torchic after a long absence
    2nd...Colin Moll - Exploud - strong as always
    1st...Rachel Arney - Gardevoir GREAT JOB RACHEL!!!

Bonus EX Trainer deck to Peter!!!

Bonus Torchic to Johnny Jr!!!

Bonus Target Ad signs to me LOL!

See you next week, hopefully we will break 30...we had 2 more new players this week, and some of our regulars absent!!!

M45

7. Hedgefoxidna

Hedgefoxidna New Member

That's Shpringman! It's Springman with an h. Btw Amphy EX/Flygon

8. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

M45: Can we just clone you and send you out to all the places that have leagues (or need them) to show them how it is done in a fantastic way! I've seen you in action in bigger tourneys (TN States for 1) and would love to be able to bring my son to one of your leagues. We do well here, but many are in the minority. I just wanted to give you some major PROPS for making Pokemon great in your area and much of the mid-south area!

Keith

9. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Thanks for the props Lawman, can't wait to see you all in Memphis for the FR/LG preRelease!

Now, as for this week:

Next Event: Saturday July 31st starting at 3:00...folks, we may have to go 4 rounds this week, with attendance going up!! WOW.

July 31 event: Modified Format - Season 11 promos (Chimechou) with badges and much more fun...as always $3.00 to enter,

Everyone who enters will get a pack of Hidden Legends this week! (Will give out R/S and SS for prizes to MAXIMIZE the prizes, as always)...Bonus Items - top 3 finishers in the event, and one random player will get one of those COOL Torchic #6 holofoil promos! Check your values kiddies, those things are HOT!

Also, random door prizes this week are a Hidden Legends Forest Guardian Deck and a shiny new box of dice! Hope to see you all there!

ALSO new player bonus is still in effect...bring a new player to play in the event, and both the new player and the player bringing them get a BONUS pack, on top of whatever else you win!!! WOW!!

If you bring 2 new friends, you get 2 bonus packs...!!!

We all know that this is THE place to play on Saturday, with the BEST prizes, the BEST competition, and the BEST players!!!

More fun stuff coming soon! See you all on Saturday!

M45

10. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

Would love to be there in Memphis, but we will stay on this side of TN and do a prerelease in Sevierville or Chattanooga.

Keith

11. Hedgefoxidna

Hedgefoxidna New Member

Are the forest gaurdian and dice box seperate prizes or one player takes all package?

12. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Separate Packages!

More winners, more stuff, more fun!

M45

13. Hedgefoxidna

Hedgefoxidna New Member

Kool, a Dark Celebi or a box of dice. I'm leaning towards the dice, lol.

14. Metal Master

Metal Master New Member

Hey Jake the dice are mine. You hear me mine!

15. Scizorkid

Scizorkid New Member

no the dice are mine you better here me now!!!!!!!!!:D ;) :p
    ~scizorkid

Last edited: Jul 26, 2004
  16. Metal Master

Metal Master New Member

The dice are mine. End of discussion.

17. Mega Murkrow

Mega Murkrow New Member

w0rd

Hey Vince!

I'm hoping to make my first league appearance in a looooong time this Saturday. Mikey stole my "old-schoolers returning to league" thunder by coming last week :p Talk to you soon!

~MM

18. bulbakar

bulbakar New Member

Hallooo! Um... I think I might be talked into making an appearance at a tourney or two. (You can thank Matty.) But most likely I'll just be lurking in the background drawing pretty pictures of Bulbasaur. Or fawning over all the grass cards. Heee.

Kara

19. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Hey, Kara...

Can you draw Meganium???

Looking for a sweet one, and a Mean one for a possible T-shirt design...

Any help would be appreciated!

M45

20. Mega Murkrow

Mega Murkrow New Member

Kara will draw anything you would like for several booster boxes of the newest sets!

I swear she said that... really... why are you looking at me like that? :p

Hey Kara, Meganium IS a grass type, after all!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2004