Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Welcome to the Judges' Chambers

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
The Judges' Chambers are now open.

http://pokegym.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?163-Judges-Chambers

The PokeGym has long been a resource for playing in and running tournaments.
One of our main features is the Ask the Rules Team forum where players and judges can ask questions about card interactions and the correct way to do things during a tournament and get an answer that carries official weight, backed up by Pokemon Organized Play.

However, we have avoided answering questions about judge calls and penalties that have a range of correct answers because we could not usually give one answer that is THE correct way to handle those situations. Judges are given a fair amount of leeway in fixing game states and issuing penalties and we did not want to give an answer that by inference would mean that any other way of handling was wrong.

But that is not to say that there are best practices and that some ways of handling things are not better than others.
Toward that end, we introduce "The Judges' Chambers", where tournament rulings can be discussed, fine tuned, and best practices discussed and spread to the wider community. It is worth noting that while this forum does NOT carry the same "official" weight that the Ask the Rules Team forum does, we expect that those giving rulings and advice have a minimum level of experience to back up their advice.

Topics can be either question and answer or involved discussion. Whatever fits your need. These will be the types of questions that we can't handle in ATRT, but ones that you want honest feedback and guidance on, not just a forum to complain about a specific judge. Gossip can handle that.

Posters answering questions should tag their post at the end with the highest level tournament that they judged at, and if they were Judge, Division Judge, or Head Judge at that event. For example, I would tag my post at the end with...

World Championships Masters Head Judge

This is a great idea! I think in the long run, with all the discussions and opinions we as judges will share in this forum, I would like to see this somehow help everyone come to an agreement on our rulings so that they can be consistent across the board in preparation for the large events. I look forward to contributing in any way I can!

PokéPop, if you feel this is acceptable, I've posted my judging credentials at the bottom of my signature for readers' reference.

If so, it is a matter of personal preference whether to do it this way or not, but please consider carefully especially while you're going around posting to other forums here as doing so reflects a higher level of standard and professionalism associated with your tag. If you like, and can spare the space in your signatures, I'd say give it a try.

I look forward to working with you all!

Last edited:
Back