Well, i have returmed... Yes... again. Question time

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by FISSURE, Oct 18, 2003.

1. FISSURE

FISSURE New Member

Well, i have just returned here to find a topic about an emulator closed. Now i would like to inquire about the reason said topic was closed since emulator's that don't require bios i.e. a GBA emulator(and some other emulator's)are perfectly legal. It's the rom's themselve's that are illegal.

Note to the mod's: If you close this topic please see if we can pm each other some time since i would like to dive into this further if my question isn't answered in this topic.

2. Joshman

Joshman New Member

Same reason why we don't discuss bongs in the RTC.

3. FISSURE

FISSURE New Member

I'm sorry josh but that doesn't quite answer my question.

4. Joshman

Joshman New Member

Okay, put it this way: The only reason you would need an emulator for the purposes solicited, is to break the law.

5. The Anaconda

The Anaconda New Member

Okay, here's how it works. Although emulators CAN be used for legal reasons (such as game development, something which I myself would like to look into for GBA), most of the time they're used to discuss emulating commercial games, wich IS illegal. As such, most message boards (including this one) ban the discussions of emulation altogether for the simple reason that someone may get the wrong idea and either take it as a topic about something illegal and report it to someone, or spiral down and post something that IS illegal in that topic. It's much simpler to just not take the risk than it is to deal with authorities about a misunderstanding.

I hope that answers your question.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2003
  6. FISSURE

FISSURE New Member

Ahh, i get it now, thank you for your help josh and anaconda.

7. The Anaconda

The Anaconda New Member

You are quite welcome.