what cards you think runined Unlimited?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by OHB, Apr 11, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. OHB

OHB Member

well what cards you guys think runined unlimited my thoughts is the babay rule for one slowking kinda

2. ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma New Member

energy removal ! i loved using it but it was to good u might even say it was a broken card...... :cool: :pokeball:

3. mew2sb

mew2sb New Member

re

Wat I think is both er and ser..

They r too powerful follow by RSA, RT, IMO, GOW, CS, IF and alot more...

That why ...

:pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball:

4. jesschow12

jesschow12 New Member

i hate tyrogue!!

it spoils the game!!

5. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

*sniff**sniff* i smell a pole! Poles are not allowed. Give reasons for what you choose!

Like for SER and ER. Since you can normally only attach 1 energy card per turn, ER negates this and without any penalty for using it! SER forces you to discard 1 of your own energy but YOU get to PICK 2 of your opponent's energy cards and discard them. That is undercosted.

6. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

The entire Base Set. Look over it right now. Nine of the 10 most played Trainers in Unlimited are from Base (Oak, Comp Search, Item Finder, ER, SER, GOW, Lass, I'm certain there are more). Those are all the cards necessary for a Haymaker deck, which is probably the most popular type of deck in the format.

Another card that destroyed the format was Slowking. ERRATA THAT STUPID THING!!!!!!!!

7. Agreed, Slowking. Either you play it, or you include a counter for it.

And that whole mistranslation deal... *shudders* Too much power to prevent your opponent from using any trainers at all, and not having it apply to you.

It can be countered, but then, the opponent can counter that counter too easily as well. Bunch muk, end turn, opponent plays GOW, owns Muk.

8. Adv1sor

Adv1sor New Member

I don't think that Unlimited is ruined.

I enjoy a good unlimited tournament now and then :)

In fact, I would really like to see Worlds incorporate all three sanctioned formats into one weekend.

It would be great to have an overall Pokemon World Champion who could claim mastery in all formats.

9. PojoThundachu

PojoThundachu New Member

Slowking and Sneasel. Slowking because it pretty much said goodbye to most trainers in the game and Sneasel because it is one of the most broken cards in the game even if it is weak to SER.

10. Postdog2Gengar

Postdog2Gengar New Member

Well, in the really old days of Unlimited, Blastoise was easily the most broken card. I do enjoy Unlimited very much, but with the exceptions that Wizards made.

11. Mr. Grass

Mr. Grass New Member

I don't find unlimited so much ruined as I do boring. I see the same combo decks over and over again and it bores me. Modified has always had its power decks, but I see a lot more variables there. Now, the cards that "ruin" unlmited for me:

Professor Oak: In my opinion, an undercosted effect, especially if you go first.

Computer Search: Another undercosted effect. Cards like Forest Guardian, Oracle, and Underground Expidition are similar, but their limitations make them less broken.

Energy Removal/Super Energy Removal: Just plain wrong, Getting one or two early can keep ou ahead of your opponent the whole game.

Lass: Similar to the ER's. An early Lass will put you ahead of your opponent the whole game.

Slowking, Babies, and Focus Band all for the same reason: Game turning coin flips. A great strategy can simply fall apart because of one lucky coin flip.

12. ZaPpY_HaPpY

ZaPpY_HaPpY New Member

And the GOW is the most broken.....Choose the pokemon to be in the Active posicion....WoW...You can choose what attack and that could help to kill some benched pokemon that could give me troubles later

Ps:Sorry 4 the english, I talk spanish o_O