Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What!? DBZ is being dropped from Toonami lineup!? Isn't that a first

mysterioustrainer

Here is the new schedule for Toonami for October:

Mon-Thrus
SD Gundam (which stinks)
Samurai Jack (which is play enough already)
Transformer Armada (which really stinks)
and old Dragonball (still good but not DBZ)
Fri
SD Gundam (stinky as a two day old latte)
He Man and the Masters of the Universe (enough already!)
Transformers Armada (zzzz)
and old Dragonball

Kinda surprising that DBZ isn't apart of the show right now. I am sure the new GT episodes won't be too far away though. It makes things kinda nice now because it opens up my schedule for other things.

wow finally a place to talk trash about toonami's direction!

Ok first of all get that stupid "let me go outside and stay in shape" robot outta here! i want that good ol' couch potato TOM back!

Second: pull DBZ. put in anime not Samurai Jack! SJ is boring! it started ok but it just takes too long for stuff to happen, the "emmy worthy" art is annoying after a while, and theres too much mindless violence. I like the action to have a point and not be beaten out of a plot. the music is great though. Every episode is SJ beating the crap out of some machines.

U KNOW genndy want blood and gore in there soooo badly but that would alter the audience/TV rating to like TV14. I am sick of this phony gore of gears and explosions. theres no point to it. just *shift*shift* sandles shift. Zoom in on eyes with narrow stip of animation and the rest of the screen black. Then he just slices dude after dude. Its pointless. if theres going to be violence then u'd better justify it!

Im sick of the stupid cartoons from Cartoon Network. they are retarded, force fed, "its your favorite cartoon up next" brand cartoons. U know the ones. the ones that dominate friday nights and after school slots. Courage (fine in doses) KND (fine once a month) Dexter (What the heck happened to you?!!) Edx3 (PLEASE WE DONT NEED THIS FILTH OF A CARTOON!) etc. u know the ones! they replay them so often!

they need to get toonami's 3rd hour back! They need to put in the Tsunami of Toonami back in, not just the toon. the point of Toonami is to shocase good anime action shows. certain shows dont belong like american shows...they dont feel right on toonami.

As for DBZ, its had a good run, but time to put in something new. They have done their job, now move on DBZ. GT it already. YuYuHak could replace it...something!!!

No american stuff. u have the rest of the day for that. no He man! My mom's spanish saying (translated): U can dress up a monkey anyway u want, but he'll still be a monkey. In other words the art is nice but its still the same wacked up show.

As for SD Gun, i think its fine...start off with something lite! I understand Gun fans might be a little upset but IMO its fine. Light hearted and nifty.

Transformers armada? Dude, u should have stopped after beast wars...it was all downhill from there.

Dragon ball...its fine i guess but a bit too risque...i would deepen the censorship on some things...you know em.

So: less american garbage, more japanese QUALITY stuff, longer Toonami, unhealthier TOM, and better quality stuff in general.

And I am getting to see all those Frieza/Android episodes I missed. I like Samurai Jack but it is shown enough. How about Cardcaptors? That's an anime that hasn't been on for awhile.

No offense, but Card Captors? UGH! That was as bad as Digimon, IMO. If I were the head of Cartoon Network, here would be my fantasy lineup for Toonami:

Show #1: Rourouni Kenshin (sry about spelling. Anyways, this was actually good. Take it out of Saturday Night stuff and put it back into Toonami)
Show #2: Dragonball GT (Who cares if it's not translated yet. That's why there's the subtitled version)
Show #3: Yu Yu Hakusho (at least play THE ENTIRE SERIES. They always cut it right before the Dark Tournament Finals)
Show #4: Gundam Wing (I dont care how many times it was played or how disgusting it was in Japan (you Gundam peeps probably know what Im talking about), just play it)

and now, Fridays

Show #1: Rourouni Kenshin (same stuff as before)
Show #2: Dragonball GT (this lineup actually sounds good so far)
Show #3: 1-hr movie (play some of the new DBZ movies, Endless Waltz, or any Anime Movies that AREN'T DBZ related. Last I saw, I think there was a Yu Yu Hakusho Movie at my local Blockbuster.)

now please excuse me while I try to catch my bird, who is flying all around this room right now. GAH!!! *WHACK*

Well just yesterday Toonami played a DBZ movie "The Return of Cooler".

DBZ is getting enough play on that huge Saturday block.

I agree that Samurai Jack is played enough as it is.

Actually, I think what's killing Toonami is the lack of American action cartoons, and once-in-a-while fill-ins won't cut it. Toonami is NOT an anime-only block, never meant to be. When it started, that block didn't have any anime whatsoever.

in hopes that anyone is still reading this thread and espescially the guy before me...wasnt Voltron on it? I think thats what it was called...it was an oldschool anime with four tiger mechas that combined into each other to make a giant robot. The leader finishes off their hour-long fusion by saying, "And i'll form the head!"

It was 5 tiger mechas, not 4. :) It's sad that right now, there's only 2 shows on Toonami that I bother with watching anymore, and they come on in the same time slot. :) Dragonball Monday thru Thursday, Hot Wheels on Friday (saw it by accident once when expecting a DBZ movie and it's actually good). I would like to see more anime on there, and I agree with Lugia. Play Gundam Wing again!!! :) Or at least ANY Gundam besides G and that abomination known as SD. Gundams are NOT supposed to be cute!!!!!!!!

See, this is what I don't understand?

Why talk trash about SD GUndam when they were number one in Japan? That's what I heard about them.

League Leader Terry said:
It was 5 tiger mechas, not 4. :) It's sad that right now, there's only 2 shows on Toonami that I bother with watching anymore, and they come on in the same time slot. :) Dragonball Monday thru Thursday, Hot Wheels on Friday (saw it by accident once when expecting a DBZ movie and it's actually good). I would like to see more anime on there, and I agree with Lugia. Play Gundam Wing again!!! :) Or at least ANY Gundam besides G and that abomination known as SD. Gundams are NOT supposed to be cute!!!!!!!!

AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH HE-MAN?!!?!?! HE-MAN RULES! You people are obviously too young to have an emotional connection to He-Man, but I grew up on the 80's eps and frankly, He-Man is the only reason I ever tune into toonami any more.

KingOfDemons said:
See, this is what I don't understand?

Why talk trash about SD GUndam when they were number one in Japan? That's what I heard about them.

This isn't Japan. In Japan, they apparently like SD (Super Deformed, IIRC) stuff. I would believe, however, that American Gundam fans would be more inclined to like their Gundams big and cool looking, not little and...and...cute!!!

League Leader Terry said:
American Gundam fans would be more inclined to like their Gundams big and cool looking, not little and...and...cute!!!
Little and cute is, well, cute. :p

When I think of Gundams, I think of Gundams like Wing Zero with his space station destroying Buster Cannon and Deathscythe, the God of Death. Gundams are supposed to be giant machines of death and destruction, not cute and cuddly!!!

On a completely unrelated note, Marril, whenever I see your quote, I can't help but imagine a Marril saying that. :)

what? but, I was watching the Cartoon Network Channle today and I heard the Next month lineup. They are going to show DBZ GT at 5:00pm or 5:30pm I forgot what time. I just heared today.
((sorry about me bad spelling and Grammer))

Well, "technically speaking" Dragon Ball GT is not the same as Dragon Ball Z. It is a continuation of the story line, but is considered as a different series. Think of it as the difference between Dragon Ball Z and the original Dragon Ball (although DBGT is not necessarily better than its predecessor in many people's opinions).

Hope this helps,
- CHRISBO

I know what you all mean. It is quite ironic for me. Back when Toonami was IMO great. Can't beat it! You know! Kenshin, DBZ, Yu-Yu-Hak, and whatever the other shows were. And it was three hours long! I'm like YES, but then I would think for a second. NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'm working. Always working! What's up with working???!!!!????? So, I'm sunk (since recording can't be done at my house effectively since my sister seems to always find a way of having priority) Off to work I go. Lately, as you might guess. The managers where I work don't need the people with experience (Me) during the week. They need newbies (Practically everyone else) Then they try and call me in on my weekends off. "Ohh, you want me to come in! Let me thin..SHHHHHH....CANT HERE YOU...SHHHHHH......YOUR BREAKING UP.....SHHHHHHH....click." They deserve it. But anyway, now that I don't work weekdays, Toonami sucks with the small exception of DB.

Well, back to writing my stupid essay. Don't you all just love English!!!???? Darn. I can't think of what to write next. I know!!! I'll take my shirts advise. It say, "Smash head on keyboard to continue" On the count of three. One.......two........three! *WHACK* There yah go! No more keyboard, no more essay! (Don't ask me how I wrote that last sentence after I whacked the keyboard)

EE OUT! *CLICK*

I don't think this has been mentioned yet! (Partially because they haven't shown the commercial too much) Dragon Ball GT is here in all it's translated glory! Supposedly on Friday's only at 6:00. (It might have said 6:30, but that is when DB is on so I doubt I heard that wrong)

But alas, fate yet again has dealt me bad cards. I'm working that day! Isn't that a joy! Someone will have to clue me in to what happened! Catch ya all later!

EE OUT! *CLICK*

um get a vcr and record it...problem solved =/

and it jus talked about how goku got shrunk by the black star dragonballs, and that he has only a year to get them back to earth or it blows up, so pan, goku, and trunks go off to get them and goku and trunks are taken away and they left pan behind...

i left out a lot from that, but im sure you'll be able to see it when they do reruns like that always do =/

Back