Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What deck does everyone play now that the format has officially changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RS-on owns! Why does it own? Mainly because there is no clear top deck yet. I can't wait to see the results from all of the CCs. The CCs will either show what decks are on the top, or show the variety of the format now.

yes there is

that deck is Monarchy

but yeah, I'm still trying to make a clear-cut decision
I love Monarchy, but I'm not sure if I wanna go with the top deck

Its all about Metagross. Metagross Aggron, Metagross Exeggutor, Metagross Steelix (5 KOs in one turn, try to tell me this isnt a good deck). Metagross is so versatile. Though i want to try Sceptile/Venusaur EX with exeggutor...

Whicker: Yeah, I love that there isn't a top deck too.

Right now, I am testing out varients of Walrein. Gotta love any pokemon that can lay down extra energy for free.

=-->]-[0t (V)uSt|d<--= : nice rec for BED

I like monarchy, mine is undefeated so for

The serious money is looking at Ray and ways to beat it...

with no crystal shard and that useful ditto gone Ray is a threat once more..

And maybe this needs moving from news to strategy or decks?

Last edited:
hmmm...about Ray...well TM Zangoose kills it in one hit, so does Salamence, Flygon can easily (my deck :p) and so can a very lucky Dunsparce, and cant forget Desert Ruins, so I doubt Ray can really survive the metagame w/o Blaziken

anyways about top decks, here's what I think:

BMD - Blastoise/Magneton/Delcatty
BSMa/BSMi - Blastoise/Slowbro/Magneton or Milotic
Monarchy - ugh what an ugly name >> Nidoking/Queen
BlazeRay variants - trust me on this, Blaze is still very tough to beat
GoreGar - Gorebyss/Gengar
Crobyss - Crobat/Gorebyss
and of course
Team Magma - hiss...boo...well you know the usual stuff

now random decks with a slight chance of winning:

Exploud variants
Metagross variants
Beedrill variants
Flygon variants
other Gorebyss variants

Sublime said:
hmmm...about Ray...well TM Zangoose kills it in one hit, so does Salamence, Flygon can easily (my deck :p) and so can a very lucky Dunsparce, and cant forget Desert Ruins, so I doubt Ray can really survive the metagame w/o Blaziken

anyways about top decks, here's what I think:

BlazeRay variants - trust me on this, Blaze is still very tough to beat
Team Magma - hiss...boo...well you know the usual stuff
Now I rest my Ray ;) Never said he was being used alone!! TM Zangoose is about the only killer with a chance out there Salamence and Flygon are not tier one decks ..

BMR and TM decks maybe the curse of the new format ..

Last edited:
Well don't forget all the Pidgeots (maybe Dodrios) that will be played. Pidgeot maybe can't OHKO Ray but usually it isn't an Active so once Ray k.o.s something it will have used its Energy and Pidgeot will come out and knock it out. (with help of Quick Search Pidgeot can find the Desert Ruins as well)

Pidegot can with a strength charm Theres alot of great decks and maybe with the new format any good deck can be a top deck Monarchy is an Obvious but there are lots of decks waiting in the wings and remember speed kills since so many decks are posted in the deck forum every day and even 2 versions of decks we never get to see them all I made a Wobbafett/Gorebyss and its pretty fast. A kid at our league copyed it and I Played SpeeDrill this week and worked him over. PrimeTool Looks Awesome and will be easy to make. With all the Darkness Coming out Fighting is sure to rear its head and Im already doing that with my Groudon/Magnaton/medidtite

Holla

Last edited:
PokeMontoya said:
Pidegot can with a strength charm Theres alot of great decks and maybe with the new format any good deck can be a top deck Monarchy is an Obvious but there are lots of decks waiting in the wings and remember speed kills since so many decks are posted in the deck forum every day and even 2 versions of decks we never get to see them all I made a Wobbafett/Gorebyss and its pretty fast. A kid at our league copyed it and I Played SpeeDrill this week and worked him over. PrimeTool Looks Awesome and will be easy to make. With all the Darkness Coming out Fighting is sure to rear its head and Im already doing that with my Groudon/Magnaton/medidtite

Holla

Pidgeot cannot knock out ray with a strength charm. It's in the process of taking affect before but as of now it applies the 10 after weakness and resistance so the max it could do is 90 and ray has 100.

Also Team Magma should see a big boom IMHO.

~Tormented~

this change really didn't do much, in my opinion. Screwed out shiftry completely(copycat/shaman), and weakened gardy and exploud, since they relied on boost. But nothing big.

Last edited:
Tormentedsoul14 said:
Pidgeot cannot knock out ray with a strength charm. It's in the process of taking affect before but as of now it applies the 10 after weakness and resistance so the max it could do is 90 and ray has 100.

Also Team Magma should see a big boom IMHO.

~Tormented~
Ohho but what if they have DR in play? :D

I play Beedrill with Pidgeot, which is doing surprisingly well. With Crystal Shard gone, I'm thinking of reviving my Salamence deck.

Monarch is VERY powerful, it decimated my Beedrill deck even with weakness to grass.

Last edited:
Obviously, there are already good decks established- Monarchy, for example. Blastoise will see lots of play. Blaziken Varients have not died, ecspecially with it's awesome resistances. I do see some other decks making an impact:

Machamp-

You can't overlook him. With ex's in play, Machamp can destroy anything you throw against him. Paired with Reversal, Machamp takes out major draw engines and attackers (namely Magneton and Delcatty) in a single shot. And, it does more than fight for itself. This could be a powerful deck, but might not see very much play.

Primetool-

This thing is INSANE. If you use the right tools, get your Energy straight, and find a stable Pokémon line, it is fast. With various TMs and Tools as it's disposal, it has many weapons besides it's attack. This deck has the ability to get a KO every turn. This deck should definately be taken into consideration.

GoreGar-

I don't really think this will hold out past RoTR, unless Gengar gets some different backup. Darkness will rise again, and Gengex is weak to it. For the time being, and if Cities are limited to Fr/Lg, this thing has a chance. The magic is all in Poltergeist. With high hand sizes, you're having to drop one or two each turn to get away. PLus, Gorebyss is a powerful clean-up hitter. Be careful of this.

Wailord ex Stuff-

I'm not so sure about this. It is very powerful and has great comeback ability, but it can't stand up to the hammering that Blastoise and Monarchy will give it..

There are others, but I won't go into those... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back