What does mulligan mean?

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by RifTs, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RifTs

RifTs New Member

ok I see all these people talking about mulligan what is it plz tell me! I think its like a weird type of drawing cards?

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Mulligan is a sports term that means, basically, you are giving someone a do-over.

It originated in Golf when, if someone took a shot that was so absolutely lousy, you would let them take the swing over again.

It was adopted in card games, especially Magic, to mean a re-draw of the opening hand.

While the term does not belong to WotC, it is associated with them in TCGs and so PUI wishes to get away from using this term in their organized play.

3. cattdreams

cattdreams New Member

on pokemon terms, if a player does not have any basic pokemon in their starting hand of 7 cards, they mulligan, that is, they shuffle their hand into their deck, and draw 7 new cards. this process is repeated untill the player has atleast 1 basic pokemon in their starting hand.
    each time a player mulligans, their opponent may opt to draw an extra card.

4. Flippin treeko

Flippin treeko New Member

Is it PUI that you shuffle your hand before drawing the next 7 cards? There are some clubs where you draw the next 7 without shuffling in first ( reduces abUSE).

5. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

If ya wanna know, check the sticky thread in the Single Card discussion forum. ;)
    -Swampert

6. RifTs

RifTs New Member

Thx

THANKS ALL yeah I knew about re drawing when you got no basics but i didnt know the name for it was "mulligan" thx for informing me :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.