Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What does Snorlax represent?

pokemonhero

That looks confusing but here goes. What is it supposed to be? You know. It's like a butterfree is made from a butterfly and ekans from a snake, but what is Snorlax? i thought a koala but it can't. Koala doesn't eat a lot but it does sleep for 23 hours which has me baffled.

maybe its somethin like the monster from that kids book "where the wild things are "??or hes a really fat bear with pointed ears but what does the rr cards say it is below the pic >?? might help

I think it's supposed to send a message saying "This is what u become wen u eat too much" lol.. idk I think it would be kinda cool to be a snorlax lol..

I always thought of a bear when I thought of Snorlax. A childish fantasy bear, As opposed to the relatively more realistic Ursaring.

I've always thought Snorlax was a cute little (OK, maybe not-so-little) teddy bear.

What Gulpin and Swalot are supposed to be, now that's what I'd like to know.

- Croatian "eat it up!" Nidoking

I thought it was Nintendo's way of cracking a joke at the obese people in the world, but I knew that couldn't be true. I actually can't pinpoint any animal to him like I can with other Pokemon. ;f

dmaster out.

Not all Pokemon represent animals. Jynx, for instance. And of course there's Lickilicky....

I think Snorlax is more just supposed to represent a fat thing that eats and sleeps. And occasionally belly flops other people. I think it represents America.

Sumo wrestler easy enough...
or... when a cat and a bear really love eachother and they decide it is that time to move thier relationship to the next level.....

Lol this topic is just BEGGING to have bds to post here.
I allways thought it looked looked like a totoro!
just without the cat ears...

... pure awesomeness?

I tend to agree!In truth, I don't think Snorlax is intended to represent a particular animal, but, more or less, the elements of laziness and gorging that at times are prevalent in all of us.(some, a lot morethan others)

...Wow! That was analytical!

Toxictaipan said:
What does Snorlax represent? This is an easy one! Answer: Every male human over the age of 35.
Okay! Now that's just plain funny!

Not all Pokemon represent animals. Jynx, for instance. And of course there's Lickilicky....

I think Snorlax is more just supposed to represent a fat thing that eats and sleeps. And occasionally belly flops other people. I think it represents America.

That can be true.

What does Snorlax represent? This is an easy one! Answer: Every male human over the age of 35.

Also, this can be true.

I've always thought Snorlax was a cute little (OK, maybe not-so-little) teddy bear.

What Gulpin and Swalot are supposed to be, now that's what I'd like to know.

- Croatian "eat it up!" Nidoking

I beg to differ. I still say that is for Teddiursa and teddiursa alone.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I believe iirc (if i remember correctly for anyone that doesn't know) that snorlax represents a sumo wrestler. IIRC game freak said that they wanted to make a pokemon that represented their sport, sumo wrestling. So they decided on a huge pokemon that gets in the way for some reason or another.

Last edited:

Well Jynx isnt an animal representative because its the human shape pokemon, and wasnt there a big thing about Jynx being a racist depictment?

But about Snorlax, i always though it was a bear. I mean it has the claws and the somewhat shape of a bear.

He's a Giant Panda for Pikachu's sake!

Agreed but a snorlax doesn't eat bambo.

Well Jynx isnt an animal representative because its the human shape pokemon, and wasnt there a big thing about Jynx being a racist depictment?

There was something elsethat Jynx represented iirc but i also remember Jynx representing a racist, or a women. Something to that extent.

Back