What inspires you… As seen by Jimmy Ballard

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by BANGINBOX, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BANGINBOX

BANGINBOX New Member

Hello all,

I just had another heartfelt moment with regard to the game I love. I receive hundreds of PM’s monthly from some of the most random people. Some I answer and some I do not. I especially will not answer ones asking me to fix their archetype style decks, such as GG, mortar, etc. I do however like to shoot off some quick responses to really crazy ideas.

I also receive many Pm’s just thanking me for some of the things I have done for the game. This really makes me feel like what I am doing has great purpose. It really inspires me when I can see the fruits of my labor being used across a wide range of the world.

I would like to share some PM’s with all of you that continue to drive me to do what I do for all of you and the game as a whole. I am going to change the names and locations as to protect the identity of those who actually sent them. After all, they are PRIVATE messages.

Message 1….
    This is pretty standard for what it is that I receive. I particularly like that this person actually told me his real name. This does not usually happen. I really liked this because he showed me that he was also a PERSON. Not just a gymer looking for a free tip. I got a chuckle about the challenge too, Fun times indeed. Admiration can easily work both ways. I really admire this person.

Message 2…..
    I admire that this person has actually gone against the grain and said, let them play mortar and GG. I know I lose to them but “I'm having a blast playing it”. GOOD FOR YOU!!! You sir, inspire me. I wish more people would take the enjoyment factor into account when playing this game. Keep up your direction and determination to have fun and eventually you will succeed.

No message here but….
    The locals at my shop inspire me to do well. They continuously surprise me with their newfound passion for this game. They are all extremely talented and show a true desire to do well. They have made a big splash on the game already in every age group. I expect great things out of them with myself there to motivate and share the things I have learned over the years to help them achieve glory. They inspire me to no end. Thank you….

Lastly, I would like to point out the few that inspire me daily….
    My son (James), my daughter (Chelsey), and my wife (Debbie). Although my kids do not play like they used to. They still support me in my undying love for this game. They have helped me thru many obstacles in my life and with this game. Watching them grow up with this game as our common ground has been wonderful. My wife has shown constant restraint and continues to allow me to explore my commitment to excellence every day. She is truly a wonderful person. I love them all.

Now that you have seen some of the things that inspire me, I ask you to look deep inside and find the things that drive you. Commit yourself to excellence daily and great rewards will follow. I will continue to help those in need, for that is truly my inspiration.

Thank you for reading,
    Jimmy

2. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

You truly are a great player Jimmy, and truly are one of the most dedicated players I have ever known.

I hope that I will see you at nats and get a chance to battle you.

3. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

You do indeed do a lot for this game. There are those of use who would rather have fun playing than just follow standard archetypes and strategies, and your sucesses prove that you can do that. Me and Christian are always struggling to get a cut above the others with our rogue decks(though we have both tried playing archetypes once). I have played this game ever since Base set and still have yet to win a major tournament. To me it really hurts. I am going away to college soon and have no idea if I will be able to keep playing. But I'll keep playing rogue as long as I am in the game because I feel like it's the right thing to do, and you've helped me to keep with that decision. I want very badly to leave a mark on this game. Something I can say that I have achieved. I'm not going to willingly quit this game until I do. I've been told sometimes that I wasn't good enough to play rogue and that I wasn't good enough to win and that I wasn't good enough for anything in this game. I'd like to prove every one of them wrong.

Pokemon is not and never will be the most important thing in my life, but it's the little things that often matter the most. I love the game and having something to do like this has helped me through some sad times. What inspires me is that I have the ability to get up everyday and do what I want in any situation. It inspires me that you can do what many of the snobs I've met in this game say that you can't. It inspires me that I have the freedom to be who I want to be, even if it's not what everyone wants me to be. An din this game I am inspired that I am able to make a choice. And even if it isn't the clear winning path, I want to keep playing from my ideas, not somebody else's.

Thanks for this topic Jimmy. You did it again.

See you at Nats too, I'll be looking for you.

(In case you don't remember me, I was one of the dorks who had you sign one of my cards. Shiftry EX remember? Banginbox is rogue!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.