what is the same as........

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Tormentedsoul14, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Tormentedsoul14

Tormentedsoul14 New Member

Yea what is basiclly the same thing as copycat for modified decks since i have no copycats what so ever!!! AHHH and they are only an uncommon. lol :D please post on what you think is a replacement.
    JB

2. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

POR

Lol, my shortest post ever.

3. Tormentedsoul14

Tormentedsoul14 New Member

i dont have that either i am too poor

4. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Then you're screwed.

No seriously, there aren't any other good "shuffle your hand into your deck and draw such and such" cards in the format. You can play Birch, but they work best in only certain kinds of decks. Like Aggron EX/Wailord/Furret, Swampert, etc.

Just play Delcatty and Oracle then.

5. FlyingMonkeyPANTS

FlyingMonkeyPANTS New Member

woah, hold on to your horses there, what about Desert Shaman? it gives you 4 cards AND screws up your opponent's plans

6. or helps them out...

BTW Tourmented soul if you want soem PORs buy a japanese Venus/Chariz/Blast EX deck. it's reprinted in those.

7. FlyingMonkeyPANTS

FlyingMonkeyPANTS New Member

Yeah but the majority of the time it screws them over, or at least that's the case in my deck...

dude, how much are those anyway?

8. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

Simple ways to get the cards... it is sorta expensive in a way but also cheaper than buying packs. I normally by the starter decks from Expedition with Vileplm I think it is... it comes with 2 copycat a piece or the starter from either Aquapolis with kingdra and ninetales or the starter from Skyridge (mind control theme deck) AQ comes with 3 por and SK comes with 2 oracle 2 por... not bad overall plus chance of a 3rd/4th of them if reverse holo lol.

9. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

In case you didn't notice, he's refering to HAND CHANGING CARDS. I've always viewed Desert Shaman not as deck manipulation, but disruption.

CAPS words 4 emphasis.

Wooper - btw all these cards, with the exception of POR, are very cheap that YJ mentioned. Yeah get the starter decks, they come with the hand shuffling cards, and you might score a cool reverse holo. Plus having the cards the deck comes with won't be so bad.

10. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

The good draw cards in the format are (in order)...

Oak's Research, Copycat, Shaman (cycling)

Juggler, TV Reporter, Schemer, Birch (straight draw)

11. Physics Squirrel

Physics Squirrel Active Member

Bullados is mostly right, except that sometimes particular decks give higher value to some cards that normally aren't that good. Also, I would add Bill's Maintenance to the card drawing list.

12. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

BM is sorta both, and, IMO, a very bad combo of both.

13. Physics Squirrel

I guess that's why it's abbreviated BM, eh?

14. dkates

dkates New Member

Bill's Maintenance is kind of like a poor man's version of TV Reporter, which explains why I occasionally use it in decks. Of course, I also use another draw card in decks that many people seem to think is not a very good card -- Ancient Ruins.

15. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

I have found pokenav to work pretty good. Especialy in the right deck. but in just about any it works O.K.. The real power, besides the draw of a pokemon card or an energy card(sepcial or basic) is the ability to put the remaining back in any order. And its not a supporter.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  16. annisarich

annisarich New Member

i like underground exp.
    look at 4 cards and take two

17. Physics Squirrel

The only reason I would ever play PokeNav is that it isn't a supporter. But, even then, it really doesn't cut it. Why not just draw all three cards, instead of just looking at them and getting only one.

18. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Fiziks, Pokenav is good in some decks, like take my RainRein for example.

I have 18-20 energies in my deck (depending on which version I'm using, out of like 10000), and that means an energy about every 3 cards. Playing Pokenav is basically the same as an energy, but I also have the added bonus of choosing a pokemon instead. Pokenav can be a great card, even without Oracle, in the right deck.

Wooper